Does Obama agree with Plato?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
do you think Obama agrees with Plato in that the distribution of private property (or the means to produce it) should be out of the hands of the individual and belong to the community in which they live in order to create a more unified society? I'm just curious.

If you actually read the Republic you would know that after Plato's students discussed all aspects of Utopia they realized that the result would actually be a stringent tyranny. Read it yourself.

do you think Obama agrees with Plato in that the distribution of private property (or the means to produce it) should be out of the hands of the individual and belong to the community in which they live in order to create a more unified society? I'm just curious.
Do you?

Do you?
Of course he does. He just has no idea what that means and he's never read the Republic. Not any other Utopian philosophy. They all came to the same conclusion, Utopia ends in an unworkable tyranny.

Do you?

Do I think Obama agrees with this? Yes. Absolutely.
Well - then what anyone else responds is irrelevant, isn't it? Or are you simply uncomfortable with your opinion and seeking reassurance?

Forum List

Back