obama does this by accident

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I like obamas foreign policy. I know it isn't hawkish at all but I got tired of 8 years of a president who seemed to think that we should match aggression with ten times more aggression. I think if gore won the election we would probably have never killed Osama but what was the need behind axis of evil speech other than to connect 911 to these countries. Obama would probably sell us out to the first communist regime but it is better than a president that only sees war as a solution to diplomatic problems.

I like obamas foreign policy. I know it isn't hawkish at all but I got tired of 8 years of a president who seemed to think that we should match aggression with ten times more aggression. I think if gore won the election we would probably have never killed Osama but what was the need behind axis of evil speech other than to connect 911 to these countries. Obama would probably sell us out to the first communist regime but it is better than a president that only sees war as a solution to diplomatic problems.
Have you any idea what's happening in the Middle East and Africa in regards to Obama's foreign policy? Or because of his foreign policy?

• Banned
Have you any idea what's happening in the Middle East and Africa in regards to Obama's foreign policy? Or because of his foreign policy?

Not our problem...

Not our problem...
Then you're are an ill informed sock.

• Banned

Not our problem...

We killed Osama bin laden. We should move on.

Not our problem...

We killed Osama bin laden. We should move on.
Okey Dokey. That'll solve everything.

• Banned
Honestly, I wish we could turn back the clock and put saddad Hussein back in power. He was a bad guy but he was one under our control and could keep everything else under control.

There are a couple of ways to measure the success of a foreign policy, and a couple of ways to assess the benefits.

Since US foreign policy has the tendency to affect foreign countries, one need also assess the effects on the foreign countries in question. And whether or not you view our foreign policy as successful, depends on whether or not you want peace with that country, or you want to kill enough of them to force our enemies out.

You might be thinking right now that I've said nothing.

But, the Bush admin's foreign policy, in practice, was far less popular than Clinton's. The world loved Clinton, and they like Obama too, though conservative media, pundits, and politicians will always seek out conservatives in other countries, and make it appear as though Obama is hated everywhere.

The rest of the world, from the people I've talked to in Europe and the middle east, liked America when we were a gentle giant, and Russia was the big bad guy. Now we can't do anything without looking like a bully, and nobody likes a bully.

Having said that...Obama is also naïve. He thinks reasoned speeches will bring people around, in other countries too...but a hawkish policy really wouldn't work any better. There really isn't any way to get people to like the richest guy in town, unless he gives you stuff. Even then, you'll just stop hating him as much.

Anyway, like all other duties a President has in addition to foreign policy decisions, we're expecting too much from one man.

Obama doesn't do anything "by accident." He does it on purpose.

Sometimes diplomacy means punching the other guy straight in the mouth, not giving him a Snickers and saying "you're not you when you're hungry." Get it?

When you match aggression with no counter-aggression, you lose.

Honestly, I wish we could turn back the clock and put saddad Hussein back in power. He was a bad guy but he was one under our control and could keep everything else under control.
Yes, by using poison gas on his own people, invading other countries and murdering people by the thousands. Yep, he was a roly poly bundle of joy.

Honestly, I wish you wouldn't make such reckless statements. Why would you want to put a murderer back in power? That's like stopping a serial killer, taking his gun, then giving him the gun again, saying, "do it again, please!"

Forum List

Back