what does it mean to be a liberal?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I once considered myself liberal in the sense that I supported liberty but as I get older I've noticed many liberals just didn't feel,as much passion for liberty and the constitution as preceeding generations of liberals. I am perplexed why so many liberals will defend Islam and sharia law when these things seem to be used to harm women. I hear all the arguments that Christianity did the same thing which in some cases is true and, in those cases, it deserves to be scrutinized but why does Islam get an exception and is allowed to the same stuff without any scrutiny? I'm beginning to wonder what does it mean to be liberal?

The only thing that's changed is the volume of the bs Foxbot etc etc etc propaganda you listen to...or is repeated with a straight face by the cowardly/bought off corporate media...

I once considered myself liberal in the sense that I supported liberty but as I get older I've noticed many liberals just didn't feel,as much passion for liberty and the constitution as preceeding generations of liberals. I am perplexed why so many liberals will defend Islam and sharia law when these things seem to be used to harm women. I hear all the arguments that Christianity did the same thing which in some cases is true and, in those cases, it deserves to be scrutinized but why does Islam get an exception and is allowed to the same stuff without any scrutiny? I'm beginning to wonder what does it mean to be liberal?

Here's a real simple explanation: As a liberal, I believe that people should be free to believe in whatever God they want, and follow whatever rules they decide on for themselves.

It means you do as the media and your political leaders tell you to do and think.

Not a single stray action or thought is allowed. Absolute conformity to the party.

images
lost his job at npr b/c he wandered off script one time.

• Banned
It means you do as the media and your political leaders tell you to do and think.

Not a single stray action or thought is allowed. Absolute conformity to the party.

images

It seems like being a democrat is like being member of a club in which you are jumped in and jumped out when you don't show loyalty.

images

It seems like being a democrat is like being member of a club in which you are jumped in and jumped out when you don't show loyalty.
damn right.

start an op that does not follow the party line and see how quickly they pounce on you.

Liberal use to mean "Lot's of".

But if you research it today, it has taken over a whole new meaning.

I always wondered why the Left would openly call themselves Liberals, claiming they want "more of" Government. But the Terminology changed somewhere along the path.

Liberals want change. Conservatives don't. <--that is the new definitions. I feel bad for people who don't want change, change is necessary in EVERYTHING in life.

Who ever said Islam gets an exception. Many who call themselves liberals are against many extreme sects of Islam but we do not condemn all Muslims and we do not wish death on all of them. I would never defend any religion that ostercizes women (or gays) but it also means that I don't want to kill them all either which has been expressed by many conservatives.

As a blue collar liberal, it means that I am not going to let some ignoramus of a 'Conservative' tell what I think or am. So pedal your silly bullshit to each other, you aren't selling to your bettors.

The Left recognizes the Constitutional Law "Freedom of Religion" much more than the Right. The Right wants to think it's the law that allows them to force their perspective onto others when this was exactly what Christians were running from when they came to the USA.

The Left defends Muslims because they are not ALL terrorists.

The Left seems to be against profiling. The Right seems to be ok with profiling and judging someone based on profiling. This is directly called PreJudice. To judge based on profiling.

Look at the Nobel Peace Prize Winner and listen to her speak. She can teach us all a lot about this topic.

(She is a woman that was shot in the face for trying to get an education. She looked Obama in the eye, pushed politics aside and got real with him about education)

I'm beginning to wonder what does it mean to be liberal?

Being liberal does not mean you must conform to a set of ideas. The liberalism I think of allowed for individual thought and freedom of expression, it won't silence you for stepping out of line.

I am perplexed why so many liberals will defend Islam and sharia law when these things seem to be used to harm women.

Double standards. Only certain women matter, the others be damned to their cruel fates.

but why does Islam get an exception and is allowed to the same stuff without any scrutiny?

Violence and intimidation, much like that of the modern far left liberals here in America.

I have yet to see a liberal on this board state how he would like the opportunity of shooting some 'Conservatives'. I have seen plenty of 'Conservatives' stating that they would like the opportunity to shoot a few liberals. Seems to me that pretty much shows who respects the rights of other citizens.

As a blue collar liberal, it means that I am not going to let some ignoramus of a 'Conservative' tell what I think or am. So pedal your silly bullshit to each other, you aren't selling to your bettors.

Your post is awesome because it shows the changes of termination in 2015.

You say you will not allow "Conservatives" to change your mind.

Yesterday's Liberals are today's Conservatives. Just like the change that happened with slavery.
Double standards. Only certain women matter, the others be damned to their cruel fates.

but why does Islam get an exception and is allowed to the same stuff without any scrutiny?

Violence and intimidation, much like that of the modern far left liberals here in America.
Could you point out where liberals have done this.

He thinks all Liberals and Left wingers are blacks living in urban neighborhoods. It's what Fox News teaches.

Do Baltimore and Ferguson ring a bell? What about Occupy Wall Street? Or the Weather Underground?

Bro, do you even history?

The key words are highlighted, "As I grow older" .. those on the Right are mostly old.

Does Baltimore ring a bell? What about Occupy Wall Street? Bro, do you even history?
What does Baltimore and Occupy Wall St. have to do with support against religious injustices on women? We had an occupy wall St. here and there was no violence at all. A lot of the violence during these protest were instigated and carried out by the police.
14 Specific Allegations of NYPD Brutality During Occupy Wall Street - The Atlantic
As for Baltimore, wasn't it just another protest against racial violence towards blacks. I don't condone it but I'm not surprised by it especially when I've seen this type of stuff first hand.

Forum List

Back