Does Cecil the lion trump Planned Parenthood selling aborted tissue stories???

Planned Parenthood's practices are legal and ethical; killing a protected animal is neither.

An embryo/fetus is not a "baby."

Consequently this thread fails as a false comparison fallacy.

He had a valid license to take a lion.

Maybe you libs should have been more vigilant getting the word out, "Hands up, don't shoot."

Obviously, Cecil didn't hear you.
“ST. PAUL, Minn. - A Minnesota dentist who killed a well-known, protected lion while on a hunt in Zimbabwe...”

Minnesota dentist who killed protected lion Cecil keeps low profile amid outrage - Yahoo News Canada

Maybe you and others on the right should have been more vigilant in learning the definition of 'protected.'

Honestly I didn't want to post anything on this story bc it's ridiculous that it has captured the attention of the world. Absolutely ridiculous considering there are thousands child sex slaves for Isis... But if this guy baited and killed any other lion, we would have no fucking clue that this happened. But I saw this topic and thought, if Margaret Sanger had her fully documented, proven and admitted way (I want to emphasize that) Dr. Martin Luther King probably never been born. Have fun talking about your distractions people

This is not about Margaret Sanger. Yes, she was an evil bitch. But Planned Parenthood is not about genocide. In fact, abortion is only a small part of what PP does. But abortion is legal. The women went seeking an abortion. PP did not go out recruiting pregnant women. And once the abortion was performed, should they have thrown the fetus in the incinerator when lives could be saved with its organs and tissues?
I agree with you if that's how you feel about life that you don't perceive. It does not answer the question about when do start and end giving the right to life. Which is what abortion is about no matter how much you want to triumph the women's right to choose. We could do wonderful things with research on brain dead people, the severely autistic, the people we sentence to death, and even the elderly and demented and social burdens... That does not make it right. Not without consent, and there is no way you can argue for the mothers right to consent to that since after third trimester most consider it taboo, and the father gets no say in the matter. If you want it (abortion) be consistent, but dehumanizing is a very dangerous slope that we are all guilty of one way or another. To do it to the point of ending life, you loose the justification to keep yours

Honestly I didn't want to post anything on this story bc it's ridiculous that it has captured the attention of the world. Absolutely ridiculous considering there are thousands child sex slaves for Isis... But if this guy baited and killed any other lion, we would have no fucking clue that this happened. But I saw this topic and thought, if Margaret Sanger had her fully documented, proven and admitted way (I want to emphasize that) Dr. Martin Luther King probably never been born. Have fun talking about your distractions people

This is not about Margaret Sanger. Yes, she was an evil bitch. But Planned Parenthood is not about genocide. In fact, abortion is only a small part of what PP does. But abortion is legal. The women went seeking an abortion. PP did not go out recruiting pregnant women. And once the abortion was performed, should they have thrown the fetus in the incinerator when lives could be saved with its organs and tissues?
I agree with you if that's how you feel about life that you don't perceive. It does not answer the question about when do start and end giving the right to life. Which is what abortion is about no matter how much you want to triumph the women's right to choose. We could do wonderful things with research on brain dead people, the severely autistic, the people we sentence to death, and even the elderly and demented and social burdens... That does not make it right. Not without consent, and there is no way you can argue for the mothers right to consent to that since after third trimester most consider it taboo, and the father gets no say in the matter. If you want it (abortion) be consistent, but dehumanizing is a very dangerous slope that we are all guilty of one way or another. To do it to the point of ending life, you loose the justification to keep yours

Except the fetus is not autistic, old, demented, a social burden or even brain dead. They are dead. I perceive life quite accurately. But the only life that is relevant in this discussion is the life that can be saved by the donated organs and tissues. This is not about abortion. This is about what happens to the remains of the aborted fetus.

Except the fetus is not autistic, old, demented, a social burden or even brain dead. They are dead. I perceive life quite accurately. But the only life that is relevant in this discussion is the life that can be saved by the donated organs and tissues. This is not about abortion. This is about what happens to the remains of the aborted fetus.
How are they dead, and what is your definition. This is where your argument loses it's consistency

How are they dead, and what is your definition. This is where your argument loses it's consistency

It is perfectly consistent. An aborted fetus is dead. It is without life. No heartbeat, brain waves or other signs of life.

Once that has happened, what should be done with the remains? Should they be thrown in an incinerator or donated?

It is perfectly consistent. An aborted fetus is dead. It is without life. No heartbeat, brain waves or other signs of life.

Once that has happened, what should be done with the remains? Should they be thrown in an incinerator or donated?
What about the act of aborting a fetus or causing the death of any other human without consent, when does that become wrong?

What about the act of aborting a fetus or causing the death of any other human without consent, when does that become wrong?

Good question. And it would make an excellent discussion. But it is not the issue in this case.

To use anti-life logic, it's not wrong that they're doing that, and they're not doing that anyway. You can't kill someone if you don't consider them to be alive, and it's not murder if you simply decide they don't have a right to continue living.

I think the point was more about the media priorities, and the swaying of the public by giving preference to one over the other.
Here is an example:
How many know that Donald Trump said, McCain was not a hero? Why is that? The media told you.

How many of you knew that Al Franken said McClain was not a hero? Why is that?

We are eviscerating a man who killed an animal. That is BIG news.
We are financing clinics that sell baby parts. That is big news.
Franken? Because he was a comedian, and it was a joke and he made it well known that it was sarcasm, dingbat dupe.
Al Franken in 2000 satirized McCain s war hero status - CNNPolitics.com

Hillary did nothing that all earlier gov't officials didn't do. Having her own server was good security as it turns out. The whole thing is total bs and there is NO EVIDENCE SHE DID ANTHING WRONG THAT SHE NEEDS TO COVER UP. What a ridiculous pile of crappe, hater dupe.

If you think all Nixon did was cut that tape, you're nuts. He subverted the constitution and ruined many lives. Unlike this BS IRS "scandal", for example, he had the IRS illegally audit his "enemies" and make bs charges against them, etc etc etc.

I think the point was more about the media priorities, and the swaying of the public by giving preference to one over the other.
Here is an example:
How many know that Donald Trump said, McCain was not a hero? Why is that? The media told you.

Franken? Because he was a comedian, and it was a joke and he made it well known that it was sarcasm, dingbat dupe.

Hillary did nothing that all earlier gov't officials didn't do. Having her own server was good security as it turns out. The whole thing is total bs and there is NO EVIDENCE SHE DID ANTHING WRONG THAT SHE NEEDS TO COVER UP. What a ridiculous pile of crappe, hater dupe.

If you think all Nixon did was cut that tape, you're nuts. He subverted the constitution and ruined many lives. Unlike this BS IRS "scandal", for example, he had the IRS illegally audit his "enemies" and make bs charges against them, etc etc etc.

OMG. You're common core aren't you! Obama makes Nixon look like a ray of sunshine.[/QUOTE
I'm 64, shyttehead. Were you born yesterday? Nixon was the most corrupt president ever, and Obama is squeeky clean except for total bs from our idiot RW.
Nixon was a great president and capable leader. Obama, as a leader, sucks donkey dicks.

To use anti-life logic, it's not wrong that they're doing that, and they're not doing that anyway. You can't kill someone if you don't consider them to be alive, and it's not murder if you simply decide they don't have a right to continue living.
Living is being alive. Think about it.

Nixon was a great president and capable leader. Obama, as a leader, sucks donkey dicks.
Bush stole the presidency twice and got away with it. Obama does whatever he wants at home or abroad with little to no mainstream resistance. The Alabama GOP can burn down homes and attempt to murder whistleblowers with impunity. The Democrats literally have people defending an organization that pretty much only exists to murder babies. What did Nixon do? He utterly failed to convince the Commies he was a warmongering sociopath with a death wish then got humiliated and run out of office for failing to carry out a simple burglary. He couldn't hold a candle to modern politicians. I'm not saying he was any less corrupt. He was just, well, complete shit at corruption.

Nixon was the most corrupt president ever, and Obama is squeeky clean except for total bs from our idiot RW.

I will grant you that America's Kenyan "president" does sound rather "squeeky" when he plays at being tough with Iranians and other assorted enemies of our nation.
NO ONE in his administration has been indicted for anything, or for that matter ACCUSED of anything by reputable sources. YOUR sources are a joke.
Obama could have video taped him shooting Cecil th Lion in Central Park and Holder wouldn't issue him a minor trading ticket. Corruption fills that regime.

Here is an example:

Here is an example:

OMG. You're common core aren't you! Obama makes Nixon look like a ray of sunshine.[/QUOTE
I'm 64, shyttehead. Were you born yesterday? Nixon was the most corrupt president ever, and Obama is squeeky clean except for total bs from our idiot RW.
Unbelievable lol. A-hole greedy idiot Pubs and brainwashed functional morons like you CAN'T be led.

Good question. And it would make an excellent discussion. But it is not the issue in this case.
Then why involve yourself in the conversation? You should know where this conversation logically ends up. and I know it ends up at a double think dilemma, unless you are consistent with your beliefs. In that case Germany was justifiable to euthanize their mentally challenged as social fiscal burdens

Then why involve yourself in the conversation? You should know where this conversation logically ends up. and I know it ends up at a double think dilemma, unless you are consistent with your beliefs. In that case Germany was justifiable to euthanize their mentally challenged as social fiscal burdens

It is truly amazing how distracted it appears at least people on this board are from keeping on topic.
My purpose was to show how completely void of compassion for humans that the MSM is by focusing on the death of ONE animal!
Instead of showing how devoid of humanity these methodical nazi-like "doctors" treating aborted tissues paid for with TAX dollars the MSM downplays that and
front pages "Cecil the Lion"!
And you contributors who bring ever subject other then this focus from Nixon, to whatever... you show this disjointed view that I by extrapolation would say
is common with Americans...i.e. totally influenced by the biased MSM...which was again the point!
This was the topic title: Does Cecil the lion trump Planned Parenthood selling aborted tissue stories???

The fact that others expect the topic to change does not effect my discussion. The topic is about the "selling" aborted tissues v. Cecil the lion being killed. I have no problem discussing the details of either. But the topic need not be about abortion.

And since the point of the thread is to compare the media and public reaction to the two stories, making it about abortion is silly. Can you imagine a headline "Planned Parenthood Performs Abortions"?

Forum List

Back