Does anyone live in Evanston Illinois?

No, we are still paying it as it keeps going up

Prices will never go back down.

Meanwhile, salaries have not come close to keeping up.
Why does the inflation rate need to "cool" any in the first place? Wasn't it 1% under our last president?

Did you hear about how the great American philosopher, Steve Martin, was born a poor black child?

But he heard his first Montavani record and knew he needed to be white. So,

he had his hair straightened, his skin lightened, his cock shortened ….

The rest is history.

Inflation has cooled, some say to around 3%. Not that shocking to somebody like me that well remembers inflation after oil embargo during Carter administration, not abating until to well into Reagan administrations of much worse inflation than we've got, at least from a consumer point of view that lived it.
Unfortunately the genie is already out of the bottle. 3% inflation just means we're paying 3% more than the 9% already in today's prices. Americans are having a hard time paying their bills because of the inflation we already experienced.

No, we are still paying it as it keeps going up

Prices will never go back down.

Meanwhile, salaries have not come close to keeping up.
How old are you? You have never lived in a time on a seasonal or yearly basis prices were not higher than the year before, and you know it, and the "ratchet" has always been in place, ie, price when ratcheting forward never go back and stay where they were. We are just lucky enough, that for the moment on average wages and incomes have come closer to keeping up or in many cases getting ahead of it. Mine has, and I don't even work or manage for a living anymore. Cheer up. I doubt you are eating cat food instead of paying for your prescript drugs, of which, I imagine you are on several.

Unfortunately the genie is already out of the bottle. 3% inflation just means we're paying 3% more than the 9% already in today's prices. Americans are having a hard time paying their bills because of the inflation we already experienced.
You are having a hard time? What is it, you did wrong in your planning and execution? I suspect you worked (notice I used past tense) for a living, just as I did and chose your own path, retirement strategies and investment. If not, you're like the Pink Floyd song line, "no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Forum List

Back