Doctors, Medicaid etc.

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
I get over 1200 bucks a year taken from my SSI for medical under the ACA. I also pay 175 a year for Tricare. But when I go to use them, most Doctors won't accept Medicare. The problem we have here is that the Doctors are cherry picking patients. And whether we have ACA or not, Doctors will still cherry pick. I am almost 100% funded for medical but am having trouble finding a competent Doctor to accept me.

Tell me again how fair things are no matter which groups laws gets into play.

I get over 1200 bucks a year taken from my SSI for medical under the ACA. I also pay 175 a year for Tricare. But when I go to use them, most Doctors won't accept Medicare. The problem we have here is that the Doctors are cherry picking patients. And whether we have ACA or not, Doctors will still cherry pick. I am almost 100% funded for medical but am having trouble finding a competent Doctor to accept me.

Check out Kaiser Permanente:

Kaiser Permanente Individuals and Families

Guess I was lucky, my doctor accepted Medicare and Tricare when I was eligible to switch.

• Banned

Check out Kaiser Permanente:

Kaiser Permanente Individuals and Families

Not applicable for retired military. The problem is that Medicare is part of the cherry picking. There outta be a law.

• Banned
Guess I was lucky, my doctor accepted Medicare and Tricare when I was eligible to switch.

We are currently about 27 doctors short around here. They feel they can pick and choose, only having X number of Medicare people under them. The problem isn't Tricare, never was, it's medicare. This means that it's not only a retired military problem but everyone's problem at 65. I am still looking for a decent doctor but can only find the ones of lesser quality. I am no longer going to use the VA since they have adopted a "Send them home to die" attitude.

It doesn't matter one bit if there is an ACA or not. Medicare recipients are in trouble big time.

If you have social security, you do NOT have insurance through the ACA. Medicare has nothing to do with the ACA. Trump said he loved under educated voters

• Banned

If you have social security, you do NOT have insurance through the ACA. Medicare has nothing to do with the ACA. Trump said he loved under educated voters

Then he must be madly in love with you. Here is the scoop.

Learn What to do If you Already Have Medicare Health Coverage

Medicare isn’t part of the Health Insurance Marketplace, so if you have Medicare coverage now you don’t need to do anything. If you have Medicare, you’re considered covered.

The Marketplace won’t affect your Medicare choices or benefits. No matter how you get Medicare, whether through Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage Plan (like an HMO or PPO), you won’t have to make any changes.

An aunt has Medicare and her SS. She worked at least two jobs most of her life. Medicare doesn't cost her a dime. It all depends on the persons income.

Your thread says Medicaid but you are talking about Medicare. I worked at a VA hospital so know what you mean, but I think it's going to become universal if we continue down this road.

Hospitals and doctors lose money with Medicare so I can understand why they are bailing out.

Medicare doesn't kick in until 65. You can go on social security at 62.

Your thread says Medicaid but you are talking about Medicare. I worked at a VA hospital so know what you mean, but I think it's going to become universal if we continue down this road.

Hospitals and doctors lose money with Medicare so I can understand why they are bailing out.

Would you document any hospitals or doctors losing money with medicare?

Ask a doctor or hospital. They are dropping out for a reason.

Obamacare Fallout: More Doctors Opting Out of Medicare
Three times more doctors are refusing Medicare patients than three years ago, many citing Medicare's increasing rules and lowered payment rates.

According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which administers the program, even doctors who still see some Medicare patients are limiting the number of Medicare patients they will treat, reports The Wall Street Journal.

Because idiot politicians reduce what doctors get paid under Medicare and Medicaid to the point that doctors lose money on those patients. Doctors work, but not only don't they make any money they lose money and that is government run healthcare.

I saw my doctor once, he had just seen a Medicaid patient before me, he threw the paperwork in the trash can. He said it costs him more to submit the claim to Medicaid than he would get paid.

Another time I was in an imaging provider, a guy in a wheelchair came in looking for an MRI, he was turned away as they don't accept Medicaid patients. He said he had been all over town trying to get his MRI and nobody would take Medicaid.

Three times more doctors are refusing Medicare patients than three years ago, many citing Medicare's increasing rules and lowered payment rates.

According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which administers the program, even doctors who still see some Medicare patients are limiting the number of Medicare patients they will treat, reports The Wall Street Journal.
9,000 doctors, out of 700,000 opted out last year. Not a big deal

find a St Joseph hospital, walk in the door, fill out the paperwork, and all of your medicare problems are over, they are more than happy to treat you.

This was 5 years ago, you're saying it's better now? If so back it up.

Study: Nearly A Third Of Doctors Won’t See New Medicaid Patients

If it was 5 years ago, why are you posting it

because the op, ice, and fellow asshats are full of shit.

why else.

why else.
Thats for sure. All they can do is lick Rumps balls every day

why else.

they're on a mission or in a contest to prove to the the entire world they're the dumbest sob's on the planet.

why else.

they're on a mission or in a contest to prove to the the entire world they're the dumbest sob's on the planet.
They are succeeding.

Forum List

Back