Doctor Ebola Arrives in the US

How Do You Feel About the CDC Allowing Ebola into the US?

• Insanely stupid. Shut down the nuke plants now, we're in huge trouble.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Reckless. A terrible idea.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Not my first choice but we probably can contain it.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm OK with it.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • It's fine, our technology can fix whatever happens.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
OK, I volunteer Unkotare to be the personal attendant to Dr. Ebola during his stay at the hostpital [sic] stateside. ....

I think they might want an actual physician for that, genius. However, if I were a doctor working in the area I sure as hell wouldn't be a loony little pussy about it like you.

No, you could empty his bedpan, shuttle away his blood-soaked bandages. Strip and clean his linens and gowns every day. You're qualified for that type of work.

And you aren't. Don't be jealous, Bruce.

"blood-soaked bandages"?

:cuckoo:

Credit where credit is due, Silhouette wins the award for Most Hysterical Chicken Little Ebola Thread. Nuclear reactors melting down? Are you fucking kidding?

Seriously, doctors have been studying the Ebola virus for 50 years. We know plenty about it - we know how it spreads (bodily fluids), we know that people can not be "carriers", we know that people are only contagious when they're symptomatic. Ebola is not the apocalyptic mystery you make it out to be.

I believe the doctor deserves all the care he's earned. I don't believe Ebola will escape that institution. Takes a big pair to do what that man has done.

Credit where credit is due, Silhouette wins the award for Most Hysterical Chicken Little Ebola Thread. Nuclear reactors melting down? Are you fucking kidding?

Seriously, doctors have been studying the Ebola virus for 50 years. We know plenty about it - we know how it spreads (bodily fluids), we know that people can not be "carriers", we know that people are only contagious when they're symptomatic. Ebola is not the apocalyptic mystery you make it out to be.

So if you look like an old crusty white guy intellectual with a pipe, suddenly we're supposed to trust our lives to you? Not happening bro.

We don't know fully about the zoonotic potentials of ebola. Or did you miss that part? What if rats can get and spread it, much like the fleas on the rats back during the black plague? The last reports I read are that they aren't completely sure how or if animals get it and spread it.

So let's say rats can get it. And then cats and dogs maybe too. Let's say in 15 years from now 2/3rds of the US population is wiped out. What will our infrastructure look like? Our energy grid? Our economy? Our nuclear fleet? Just some basic practical questions to consider when discussing a virus that could be zoonotic, quickly spreading and that runs with a 60-90% fatality rate.

Last edited:

So if you look like an old crusty white guy intellectual with a pipe, suddenly we're supposed to trust our lives to you? Not happening bro.

We don't know fully about the zoonotic potentials of ebola. Or did you miss that part? What if rats can get and spread it, much like the fleas on the rats back during the black plague? The last reports I read are that they aren't completely sure how or if animals get it and spread it.

I think the problem is that you're reading hysterical nonsense from "American Uncensored News", rather than actually taking the time to do any real research.

The "zoonotic potentials" of Ebola are actually well-studied. It's never been found in a rat. Even if it did, since Americans tend not to eat uncooked dead rats, it wouldn't be much of a transmission vector.

So let's say rats can get it. And then cats and dogs maybe too. Let's say in 15 years from now 2/3rds of the US population is wiped out. What will our infrastructure look like? Our energy grid? Our economy? Our nuclear fleet? Just some basic practical questions to consider when discussing a virus that could be zoonotic, quickly spreading and that runs with a 60-90% fatality rate.

Ebola has existed in Africa for 50 years, and there have been less than 1,500 fatalities from it, ever.

How would 15 years in the US lead to hundreds of millions of fatalities?

Additional knowledge will only help the world discover better treatments, head in the sand attitudes will not assist if someone enters while asymptomatic, and then spreads any of the virulent strains.

I think the problem is that you're reading hysterical nonsense from "American Uncensored News", rather than actually taking the time to do any real research.

The "zoonotic potentials" of Ebola are actually well-studied. It's never been found in a rat. Even if it did, since Americans tend not to eat uncooked dead rats, it wouldn't be much of a transmission vector.

What about rats shitting and pissing in our grain supply? Our pet's food? You are aware of the percentage of rat feces allowable in the US food supply according to the FDA, right?

And rats are some of the closest cousins we have here in the US, besides pigs maybe. And what if ebola enters the pork supply? Then we may be looking at some famine issues on top of a zoonitic epidemic.

It hasn't been found in rats because it hasn't been tested as widely as we need it to be in animals BEFORE we let someone in the US with it!

Swine flu!!! It's gonna kill us all!!

Bird Flu!!! the flu on wings!!!

H1N1!! OH NO!!! We're all gonna die!! ..

EBOLA!! !!!!!! It's a Pandemic...from Africa!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Additional knowledge will only help the world discover better treatments, head in the sand attitudes will not assist if someone enters while asymptomatic, and then spreads any of the virulent strains.

True, we need to study it but not in some rogue humans spreading it around as we struggle to keep up. Unless this doctor has volunteered to live in a tyvek-wrapped concrete vermin-proof bungalow with guys showing up in haz-mat suits stepping in bleach troughs on their way in and out to draw his blood every couple of weeks for serum and DNA studies, we ought to not have brought him in.

WOE IS ME !! WOE IS ME!! ... the kneejerk (heavy on JERK) crowd has another bone to slobber over ...
this country is highly prepared for Ebola. The chances of the disease spreading and killing people in the United States are as great as RW goobers having a double digit IQ.

True, we need to study it but not in some rogue humans spreading it around as we struggle to keep up. Unless this doctor has volunteered to live in a tyvek-wrapped concrete vermin-proof bungalow with guys showing up in haz-mat suits stepping in bleach troughs on their way in and out to draw his blood every couple of weeks for serum and DNA studies, we ought to not have brought him in.

And if an American travels to Africa, returns having contracted it, then develops symptoms, what then? The doctor is in a hospital with those who have knowledge of infectious disease, not walking around Atlanta.

What about rats shitting and pissing in our grain supply? Our pet's food? You are aware of the percentage of rat feces allowable in the US food supply according to the FDA, right?

And rats are some of the closest cousins we have here in the US, besides pigs maybe. And what if ebola enters the pork supply? Then we may be looking at some famine issues on top of a zoonitic epidemic.

It hasn't been found in rats because it hasn't been tested as widely as we need it to be in animals BEFORE we let someone in the US with it!

Where are you getting your information about the extent of study that's been done on Ebola?

People have been studying the transmission vectors of Ebola for decades now. There are in fact rats in Africa, too.

Let's say in 15 years from now 2/3rds of the US population is wiped out. What will our infrastructure look like? Our energy grid? Our economy? Our nuclear fleet? Just some basic practical questions to consider when discussing a virus that could be zoonotic, quickly spreading and that runs with a 60-90% fatality rate.

Last edited by a moderator:

If the doctor survives a couple more days, he'll no longer be contagious - and recovery is generally complete. He'll either die, or be completely fine in a week or so.

Last edited:
WOE IS ME !! WOE IS ME!! ... the kneejerk (heavy on JERK) crowd has another bone to slobber over ...
this country is highly prepared for Ebola. The chances of the disease spreading and killing people in the United States are as great as RW goobers having a double digit IQ.

I used to work in a serum lab, idiot. I'm a little familiar with protocol.

And protocol of the double-digit IQ crowd is apparently, and unfortunately, "let's let in ebola before we have a complete understanding of how this virulent virus with up to a 90% kill-rate affects and is spread between people and/or animals."

There's your double-digit IQ right there. And I'm a democrat. Also a rancher. I understand herds and illness better than you I'll wager. Not a RWer though...

If the doctor survives a couple more days, he'll no longer be contagious - and recovery is generally complete. He'll either die, or be completely fine.

And the people around him? Bandaging? Bedpans? Vermin? They'll all be fine too?

Make this THE LAST person to come to our shores with ebola. 100% no admittance after that. And if you're going to insist on travelling to West Africa, when you return home, 30 days quarantine on an island for you. Ellis on the East Coast, Alcatraz on the West. And old Galveston Island for the Gulf states.

Last edited:
If the doctor survives a couple more days, he'll no longer be contagious - and recovery is generally complete. He'll either die, or be completely fine.

And the people around him? Bandaging? Bedpans? Vermin? They'll all be fine too?

Make this THE LAST person to come to our shores with ebola. 100% no admittance after that.

Yes, they'll be fine too - as long as the bandages and bedbans are destroyed properly (as they are in general anyway). There aren't any "vermin" in the new quarantine at Emory hospital.

If the doctor survives a couple more days, he'll no longer be contagious - and recovery is generally complete. He'll either die, or be completely fine in a week or so.

OR................turn into a zombie that brings about the apocalypse!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back