Doctor Ebola Arrives in the US

How Do You Feel About the CDC Allowing Ebola into the US?

• Insanely stupid. Shut down the nuke plants now, we're in huge trouble.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Reckless. A terrible idea.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Not my first choice but we probably can contain it.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm OK with it.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • It's fine, our technology can fix whatever happens.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
..But once the Ebola disease reaches more-modern cities, with mass transit, a catastrophic pandemic could spread quickly around the world. THIS COULD BE A NEAR EXTINCTION EVENT.

Never before in human history during a serious epidemic have humans had the capacity — available to a large proportion of all humans — to travel significantly more rapidly than the development of deadly disease. Never before has a serious epidemic broken out when humans can move around the planet faster than the symptoms of disease can be noticed. And our modern mode of travel — unlike ships or trains or covered wagons — heavily concentrate infected people for hours at a time with other humans traveling from widely diverse points of origin to widely diverse destinations. Thus, modern travel creates a mixing bowl capable of spinning disease around the globe at an astonishing potential rate... Ebola Already in the USA, Across Mexican Border, Doctor Alleges | AUN-TV

The incubation rate from exposure to illness with ebola is between 2-21 days. Isolated villiages in Africa and the quick onset have been the saving grace thusfar. If this illness reaches cities...well....we're done.

We have a nuclear power plant and waste situation to monitor. With a 60-90% fatality rate, who will be left to babysit them?

We could recover as a society but can anyone who survives in a semi-neolithic existence monitor and keep radiation from killing anyone who was left as core after core melts down from lack of maintenance?

This isn't a Hollywood script. This is a real life, actual, no-nonsense scenario of what will happen if Ebola spreads.

And look what we just did. As idiot Americans we just knowingly allowed an infected doctor into US territory. And the people attending him? We don't even know how the disease spreads. "Bodily fluids" is what I hear. Well that's in a person's exhaled moisture & breath as well as other sources.

As a livestock manager, I am S-T-U-N-N-E-D at the sheer recklessness. How did the CDC allow this???? :eek: I can only hope that when ebola breaks out in a town in the US from one of these attendants of this infected doctor, we have the balls to drop everyone in that town and not look back. Then burn all the buildings to the ground.

What a selfish prick that doctor is. Unbelievable.

The Powers That Be are aware Chicken Little, so relax. Just because we brought a man in with Ebola doesn't mean we have never brought Ebola here. You will all be fine, unfortunately...

If we can treat 60000 Central American Hispaniggahs we can certainly treat this selfless Christian.

And the female missionary also arriving, we need to study these diseases also. It is too optimistic to believe Ebola isn't somewhere in the US, considering our georgraphy, the fact that it has not infected humans, does not equal "not here".

The US tried that before WWII, and the Spanish Influenza outbreak, both came to the US.

Sil doesn't know that we bring bad bugs home, to study them, all the time, and used to do so just to see how good a weapon they might be, which we are no longer supposed to do but we are probably still hard at work doing. That's life on this rock.

The Powers That Be are aware Chicken Little, so relax. Just because we brought a man in with Ebola doesn't mean we have never brought Ebola here. You will all be fine, unfortunately...

The powers that be?

Hmm...what's more powerful, the Ebola virus or people who aren't 100% sure how it's spread?

I'm voting for the Ebola virus.

See, this is just one more reason why lifelong intellectuals do not belong running government. Part of the requirement for old leadership having been farmers wasn't just a work ethic they'd bring to office. It was also because they'd spent their entire lives monitoring closely how social systems work, what saves them and what kills them. Certainly bringing a sick calf into a herd would bring a farmer to the poorhouse quicker than anything.

It's just common sense. You don't do it. And all the intellectual powers in the world aren't going to matter when its spreading like wildfire out of control. Because the virus doesn't disciminate. It infects stupid mavericks as well as disciplined egg-heads.

I, therefore, put zero faith in your prognostic prediciton.

Last edited:
The State Dept. actually expedited this patient coming here!

Under this idiotic administration, if it's bad for the U.S., by all means, lets do it.

Sil doesn't know that we bring bad bugs home, to study them, all the time, and used to do so just to see how good a weapon they might be, which we are no longer supposed to do but we are probably still hard at work doing. That's life on this rock.

That's odd because I used to work for vaccine-serum laboratory.

It's one thing to have things sealed up with bleach washes and gown destruction after every handling. Quite another to have an infected health worker go to a local pub that night to share drinks with all the knuckleheads...

Believe me. This thing could get out of control very quickly.

As we did with malaria, cholera, and many other diseases due to those who chose to give the US their genius, like this physician/researcher:

Selman Abraham Waksman, Ph.D.

In 1943, Selman Abraham Waksman (July 22, 1888-August 16, 1973) led a team
of Rutgers University researchers that isolated streptomycin, the first antibiotic
effective against tuberculosis (TB) in humans. In 1952, Waksman received the Nobel
Prize for this discovery.

Waksman grew up in the small Russian village of Novaya Priluka. In 1910, he
settled in New Jersey, where a cousin operated a small farm. An interest in scientific
farming brought him to nearby Rutgers College of Agriculture, where he
earned a bachelor's degree in science in 1915 and a master's degree a year later. He
completed his doctorate at the University of California, Berkeley, in 2 years, and
returned to Rutgers to take a position as lecturer in soil microbiology.
Waksman preferred the term "microbiology" to the conventional "bacteriology"
because "not the bacteria but the fungi and the actinomycetes formed my major
interests among the microorganisms" (1). By the 1930s, he was a leading figure in
microbiology, attracting talented graduate students, including René‚ Dubos, whose
work led to the discovery in 1939 of gramicidin, the first clinically useful topical
antibiotic.
Dubos' success and the introduction of penicillin prompted Waksman to put his
graduate students and assistants to work looking for antibiotics. In 1943,
a Waksman student, Albert Schatz, isolated streptomycin. In 1944, clinical trials
demonstrated the drug's effectiveness against gram-negative bacteria including
Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Despite substantial problems with toxicity and drug
resistance, streptomycin soon formed the foundation of multidrug therapies for TB.
With the introduction and use of antibiotics, mortality of TB was reduced
drastically. In the United States, from 1945 to 1955, TB mortality decreased from
39.9 deaths per 100,000 population (2) to 9.1. Around the world, TB remained
(and remains) a substantial health problem, but until the emergence of multidrug-
resistant TB, many in the United States shared Waksman's optimism, expressed in
1964, that "the final chapter of the battle against tuberculosis appears to be at
hand" (3).

Geez, I wonder how healthcare providers contract ebola? Afterall, they use all the safeguards they can to keep from getting it. If safeguards were 100% foolproof, common sense tells you that healthcare providers, whom wrote the book on treating ebola, should not be contracting it!

Geez, I wonder how healthcare providers contract ebola? Afterall, they use all the safeguards they can to keep from getting it. If safeguards were 100% foolproof, common sense tells you that healthcare providers, whom wrote the book on treating ebola, should not be contracting it!

Precisely. And that's why you get the prize for underscoring the acute irony of bringing back a doctor infected with ebola.

Ding Ding! The prize goes to :bow3: B. Kidd... :clap2:

We know how to keep planes from crashing, but they still crash. That's life on this rock where mishaps happen.

Propaganda is an interesting phenomenon and all we get in the media is propaganda. Years ago there were breathless stories about the AIDS virus all but ending life on earth. The intent of the propaganda was to protect sodomites from criticism of their reckless behavior. Next it was SARS that posed a threat to civilization and the constant hype about the Flu. Now that we have a 90% fatal disease in the US for the first time in history the propaganda runs in the opposite direction. Even though it has been shown that the CDC is an incompetent federal bureaucracy that failed in even the most basic containment procedures and inadvertently spread the Anthrax virus the propaganda assures Americans that there is no danger from Ebola if you just trust the federal government and the Hussein administration.

That's odd because I used to work for vaccine-serum laboratory.

It's one thing to have things sealed up with bleach washes and gown destruction after every handling. Quite another to have an infected health worker go to a local pub that night to share drinks with all the knuckleheads...

Believe me. This thing could get out of control very quickly.
Ignorance is bliss or very scarey I suppose.

This man is not GOING TO BE AT A LOCAL PUB DRINKING, and the doctors taking care of him will NEVER come in contact with his breath or any bodily fluids....for goodness sakes.

READ UP on what they have done to contain this Doctor, completely from any other human contact.... only 3 hospitals in the US have this capability, and he is in 1 of them.

Curing him and figuring out how to save his life, is the first step in SAVING all of our lives from Ebola. It's imminent...only a matter of time before it reaches us here in the USA with our open borders and easy plane travel...we live in a global world of free passage, not an isolated one.

My prayers go out to this Doctor and the other woman care taker...may God guide the doctors and scientists working to save him and her, and millions of others in the future! AMEN!

Last edited:
Now you're just teasing me...

Oh yeah? Make a joke of it will you?

I wonder what the mortality rate will be for HIV/AIDS patients? Probably hovering right around 100%.

Yeah, they now die of old age, which is also 100% fatal...

Is old age fatal at 13? 23? 33?

Who do you suppose will be left to handle infrastructure if a disease like ebola spreads quickly with a 60-90% fatality rate?

The ebola epidemic will be the tip of the iceberg on "how humanity destroyed the earth".

The very first thing I think of when I think "90% fatality rate" and "spreads rapidly" + stupid masses is who will be left to tend the crippled nuclear plants?

Oh yeah? Make a joke of it will you?

I wonder what the mortality rate will be for HIV/AIDS patients? Probably hovering right around 100%.

Yeah, they now die of old age, which is also 100% fatal...

Is old age fatal at 13? 23? 33?

Who do you suppose will be left to handle infrastructure if a disease like ebola spreads quickly with a 60-90% fatality rate?

The ebola epidemic will be the tip of the iceberg on "how humanity destroyed the earth".

The very first thing I think of when I think "90% fatality rate" and "spreads rapidly" + stupid masses is who will be left to tend the crippled nuclear plants?
Old age is old age, and in the west people with AIDS live essentially normal lives now. As for the plants, don't worry, they will shut down automatically if necessary.

You worry about the vast majority of humanity being wiped out? Stop worrying because it's not if, but when...

Forum List

Back