Doctor Ebola Arrives in the US

How Do You Feel About the CDC Allowing Ebola into the US?

• Insanely stupid. Shut down the nuke plants now, we're in huge trouble.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Reckless. A terrible idea.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Not my first choice but we probably can contain it.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm OK with it.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • It's fine, our technology can fix whatever happens.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
If the doctor survives a couple more days, he'll no longer be contagious - and recovery is generally complete. He'll either die, or be completely fine.

And the people around him? Bandaging? Bedpans? Vermin? They'll all be fine too?

Make this THE LAST person to come to our shores with ebola. 100% no admittance after that.

Yes, they'll be fine too - as long as the bandages and bedbans are destroyed properly (as they are in general anyway). There aren't any "vermin" in the new quarantine at Emory hospital.

Oh, I'll bet you I can find a bedbug or a louse or two that have become superadapted to bleaching. Staph sticks around forever. Do we know how long ebola survives in dormancy? If at all?

If the doctor survives a couple more days, he'll no longer be contagious - and recovery is generally complete. He'll either die, or be completely fine.

Make this THE LAST person to come to our shores with ebola. 100% no admittance after that.

Yes, they'll be fine too - as long as the bandages and bedbans are destroyed properly (as they are in general anyway). There aren't any "vermin" in the new quarantine at Emory hospital.

Gee, I guessed correctly........as for 100% no admittance, head in the sand again........

Gee, I guessed correctly........as for 100% no admittance, head in the sand again........

Yes but [no offense, just a factual observation] you are a stupid inexperienced liberal bleeding heart who would err on the side of destruction just to prove an intellectual point, with a complete vacuum in your cognitive capacity of herds and how disease spreads.

Do us all a favor and don't volunteer for the CDC. And I promise I won't try to work in a "humanitarian outreach program to ebola victims". You stay where you belong and let the experts in herds and pathology deal with ebola, OK? If you want to help ebola victims, get on the next plane to West Africa and volunteer your heart out. Just don't ask to be readmitted to the US without being quarantined. And if you contract ebola, good luck. Hoped you liked being here while you had the chance. But then again, you knew what you were getting into...

Last edited:

Oh, I'll bet you I can find a bedbug or a louse or two that have become superadapted to bleaching. Staph sticks around forever. Do we know how long ebola survives in dormancy? If at all?

Neither bedbugs nor louses, nor any other arthropods, have ever been found to host the virus.

In liquids, it can survive for a few days.

But a spray from a can of Lysol will kill it dead.

Yes but [no offense, just a factual observation] you are a stupid inexperienced liberal bleeding heart who would err on the side of destruction just to prove an intellectual point

How's that evacuation of Tokyo going, genius?

Yes but [no offense, just a factual observation] you are a stupid inexperienced liberal bleeding heart who would err on the side of destruction just to prove an intellectual point, with a complete vacuum in your cognitive capacity of herds and how disease spreads.

Do us all a favor and don't volunteer for the CDC. And I promise I won't try to work in a "humanitarian outreach program to ebola victims". You stay where you belong and let the experts in herds and pathology deal with ebola, OK?

Thank you, you saved me money that I would not have spent anyway on psycho analysis:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sil doesn't know that we bring bad bugs home, to study them, all the time, and used to do so just to see how good a weapon they might be, which we are no longer supposed to do but we are probably still hard at work doing. That's life on this rock.

That's odd because I used to work for vaccine-serum laboratory.

It's one thing to have things sealed up with bleach washes and gown destruction after every handling. Quite another to have an infected health worker go to a local pub that night to share drinks with all the knuckleheads...

Believe me. This thing could get out of control very quickly.

But there are thousands of disease that could all wipe out humanity. Could we end up with an outbreak in the US? Of course.

There are numerous ways Ebola could get anywhere in the world. I'm more worried about the ways we don't know about, rather than the ways we do.

Yes, it is unbelievable that they were brought back here yet I don't blame the doctor who is so ill and who even went so far as to offer the only current treatment available, to try to counteract Ebola, to the lady who also became exposed to it out of the kindness of his heart when it was originally meant for him. I believe they both might have been Forced to come back here without a choice, however. And that is also being discussed in another thread "'Ebola Doctor' in US hospital now". Though there are a few who still believe there is no real threat or danger that the Ebola virus will mutate despite the fact that medical professionals have ruled otherwise of that possibility.

What I feel should have happened is that the moment the U.S. learned that the doctor and the other lady had become exposed to the disease they should have immediately sent their CDC experts Where They Were and offered the dosage that they had available to try to treat it On The Spot. Instead of transporting them back here where we are relatively free of Ebola. But that didn't happen. What ever they could have done here they could also do there by transporting equipment, personnel, etc. and start treatments right away without risk to Americans and also incorporate the help of other countries in that effort. After all, where there's a will there's a way. But imho to transport them, sick as they are, and then lock them up in those enclosed see-through cages with the strong possibility that a crack or tear could happen (remember Murphy's Law) was just not thinking this thing out correctly. And the CDC has had other mishaps happen before where the extremely dangerous Anthrax bacteria and other viruses have not been contained properly that could have harmed many innocent bystanders. There is a link to that story in the other aforementioned thread. Why don't they learn from that already and try to keep such Dangerous, Deadly Diseases out of America?

Wow you are a bleeding heart who is willing to die and commit hundreds of millions of your countrymen, women and children to die in your PC-blindness.

That doctor KNEW the risk he was taking and should assume all responsibility for that risk. He most certainly should have been left offshore to take his chances with what help was availible to him.

We should not be sending anyone to get in the trenches with the ebola virus. It is unfortunate for Africa. But the rest of the world doesn't have to take that bullet just because of Africa's misfortune.

Relatively ebola free? Really? These are the first two documented cases of ebola I know of that have made it to the New World. Is it in South America? Central America? I know they had a scare in Canada but that turned out to be negative.
Hey, calm down. The doctor did what many before him have done in going into foreign countries to help those who are very ill. It is unfortunate that he contracted the disease. I do go on to say that once they knew that he was infected they could have treated him there with the help of other foreign countries who volunteer in these efforts instead of bring him back here.

But again what would the ailing doctor have done? Say no to the people ready to transport him back here? Even if he did, do you think they would have listened to him in his debilitated state and just packed up and left him alone there? I don't think so!

And of course I am in agreement with you that we should not be sending our doctors and personnel to foreign countries to be in harm's way where deadly diseases are concerned. But then, do you think they will listen to you or me or any others? Their mind is fully made up already and therein lies the problem.

It has been reported that aside from those two cases the U.S. remains relatively Free from the Ebola virus. As to your trying to place any blame on the refugee children from Central America about possibly carrying the virus, don't even go there! There have been plenty of reports stating that they receive their inoculations early in life in their respective countries, in fact, even at better rates than in our own country, and they have also been examined for any potential threats when they come here and they have found nothing of concern to worry about. Therefore, any previous scares from Central America have also turned out to be negative.

Be SURE to read the following Excellent information from Texas on the subject!

Disease Threat From Immigrant Children Wildly Overstated | The Texas Observer

Neither bedbugs nor louses, nor any other arthropods, have ever been found to host the virus.

Just guessing, heat, other than fire, doesn't destroy Ebola, will cold?

Heat does kill it - boiling for 5 minutes, or heating to 60 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes.

Cold, on the other hand, will keep it alive indefinitely.

Heat does kill it - boiling for 5 minutes, or heating to 60 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes.

Cold, on the other hand, will keep it alive indefinitely.

Thank you, new information is always appreciated.

But there are thousands of disease that could all wipe out humanity. Could we end up with an outbreak in the US? Of course.

There are numerous ways Ebola could get anywhere in the world. I'm more worried about the ways we don't know about, rather than the ways we do.

Bingo! And that's why you err on the side of caution.

We should not be sending anyone to get in the trenches with the ebola virus.

Wow, you really are a pussy, Bruce. Thank goodness there are so many who are so much better than you in every way. Many doctors travel all over the world, to some of the poorest - and often most dangerous - places on the planet to live up to their oath as physicians. We should admire these men and women. Craven cowardly idiots like Bruce deserve nothing but derision at best.

You never told us how that evacuation was going, Bruce.
Hi. You and I don't usually agree on things but in this regard I do agree with you. Physicians do take their Hippocratic Oath and are well intentioned to help aid those who are in medical need. They put their life in danger daily with some of their patients. The only thing I have grave concerns about is their bringing those infected with Ebola into this country. I think rather than just leave that matter to the CDC to decide, the President along with Congress should set certain guidelines into law to be followed explicitly under such circumstances when people are infected in another country with a deadly disease and they are being proposed to be brought back into this country. That needs much more thought and careful planning such as to avoid a potential disaster that could happen. I don't believe there would be too many who would disagree with my train of thought on that.

We should not be sending anyone to get in the trenches with the ebola virus.

Wow, you really are a pussy, Bruce. Thank goodness there are so many who are so much better than you in every way. Many doctors travel all over the world, to some of the poorest - and often most dangerous - places on the planet to live up to their oath as physicians. We should admire these men and women. Craven cowardly idiots like Bruce deserve nothing but derision at best.

Hi. You and I don't usually agree on things but in this regard I do agree with you. Physicians do take their Hippocratic Oath and are well intentioned to help aid those who are in medical need. They put their life in danger daily with some of their patients. The only thing I have grave concerns about is their bringing those infected with Ebola into this country. I think rather than just leave that matter to the CDC to decide, the President along with Congress should set certain guidelines into law to be followed explicitly under such circumstances when people are infected in another country with a deadly disease and they are being proposed to be brought back into this country. That needs much more thought and careful planning such as to avoid a potential disaster that could happen. I don't believe there would be too many who would disagree with my train of thought on that.

I do, unfortunately. I want intensive US study of the strains, not reports from afar.

I do, unfortunately. I want intensive US study of the strains, not reports from afar.
Even if you knew there was great potential risks to American lives in the process?

Here's further evidence that Ebola is very dangerous to human and animal lives once it becomes airborne.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...n-the-big-cover-up-about-the-ebola-virus.html

Last edited:

Even if you knew there was great potential risks to American lives in the process?

Here's further evidence that Ebola is very dangerous to human and animal lives once it becomes airborne.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...n-the-big-cover-up-about-the-ebola-virus.html

It doesn't "become airborne".

Thank you for the information as always, yes, AIDS has not become airborne, thus it seems Ebola is unlikely to, though the more research the better, to me at least.

Hi doctor! Do excuse me for asking but I thought it best to do so especially in light of the following two articles that say just the direct opposite. How will we explain your theory to them?

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/ebola-may-go-airborne

Could Ebola now be airborne? New research shows lethal virus can be spread from pigs to monkeys without contact | Mail Online

Hi doctor! Do excuse me for asking but I thought it best to do so especially in light of the following two articles that say just the direct opposite. How will we explain your theory to them?

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/ebola-may-go-airborne

Could Ebola now be airborne? New research shows lethal virus can be spread from pigs to monkeys without contact | Mail Online

Both of those articles are about the same study, and there are a number of problems with it. It's far from conclusive, and has never been duplicated.

There's a big difference between a virus being "airborne" and a virus carried in exhaled saliva droplets.

Forum List

Back