Dobbs was the worst thing that could happen to Republicans.

Before Dobbs, the Republicans could placate the Religious Right and Social Conservatives by speaking out against Abortion. This was essentially harmless. With Roe as the law of the land, there was no hope of actually doing anything. And best of all, the Republicans couldn’t be blamed for doing nothing. The Supreme Court had ruled and the poor politicians were powerless to do anything about it.

So some fool in the audience screams that “Abortion is Murder” and the politician could agree and lament about how awful it was and it’s a shame the Supremes gave us this awful ruling.

Then Dobbs came and the Republicans got what they said they wanted. Only, it’s not going the way they wanted.

Abortions have remained the same, and indications are that there has been an increase since Dobbs.

So the stated goal to stop abortions, has failed. They are about the same and even possibly increasing. So the “have to save lives” mentality is taking it right on the nose.

For decades polling indicated that most people supported a woman’s right to choose. The Anti Abortion people swore that these were push polls. They were fiction. These polls were lies. A vast majority wanted to save the unborn babies.

Even when Abortion was an issue in an election, the Republican would win. But nobody stopped to consider it might be because the voters didn’t think the politician could do anything about the issue.

Now of course we are in a post Dobbs world. The problem is that the Republicans don’t know what to do. It turns out the polls were right. The majority of voters actually are pro choice. In the meantime the Republicans have become defined by fierce opposition to Abortion.

It is worse for Trump. He proudly announced he had done this. He had packed the court with anti abortion Judges who overturned Roe.

The Republicans are now demanding that the important issues, the ones that matter are the economy, and immigration, and the deficit. The voters appear to think Abortion is pretty important.
There may some truth to that but wasn't Trump's fault. He appointed justices who believed the Constitution should be their guide and not social engineering. And they rightfully adjudged that Roe was an unconstitutional law and that the matter belonged to the states.

I personally think that those states that passed laws so restrictive that even I, a very passionate pro life person, saw them as draconian were the ones who created the problem. And that did alarm people who would have been happy with just a little more liberty for the mother and doctor to make reasoned choices. A strong majority of Americans do support some limits on abortion.

But when we become too extreme in the other direction, that results in laws like Ohio passed that again leave the issue wide open. It is highly unfortunate. Republican demanding and exercising dictatorship are no more attractive to most Patriots than are Democrats demanding and exercising dictatorship even though Republicans are more likely to be on the preferred side of the issue.

Last edited:
Ain't nobody's bizness, bra.
What isn’t? Are you speaking Walmart, Dollar Tree or ebonics?
But having said that, y'all STILL losing - and screeching bloody Hell every time you do - these battles at the state level.
Losing in shitholes where shit humans reside? Republicans can’t ever win in shitholes.
Costing you big time in so many other areas too.
Costing me? I can afford $6 fuel until the day I die, 8% inflation has no impact on me, I’m self / privately funded, I don’t need bank loans at 7.5%, wetbacks aren’t taking my job or running me from my neighborhood….The ignoarnce is “costing” degenerate bottom feeders, blacks and those you Democrats proclaim to cherish.
Join us in reality any time.
Explain this reality you keep speaking of.

Dobbs allows blue states to murder babies up until the moment of birth and the left wing cult fucks STILL CANNOT SATISFY THIER BLOOD LUST.

What moral stigma....

Abortion is a made up wedge issue, Evangelists didn't care about it for the first 5 years it past, 'It is a Catholic Issue'...

Read about the issue ye all claim to care so much about... Read it and explain it to us...

Even the Catholic Church has been all over the shop about it too..

Abortion his a home grown a wedge issue. That why Jesus never mentioned it but it comes out of politicians mouth everyday.
You are delusional

Abortion was illegal before lib judges said otherwise

The “activists “ were created after roe v wade

What female in a blue state NOW cannot kill her baby?

LIST THEM:
What moral stigma....

Abortion is a made up wedge issue, Evangelists didn't care about it for the first 5 years it past, 'It is a Catholic Issue'...

www.politico.com

The Religious Right and the Abortion Myth

White evangelicals in the 1970s didn’t initially care about abortion. They organized to defend racial segregation in evangelical institutions — and only seized on banning abortion because it was more palatable than their real goal.
www.politico.com

Read about the issue ye all claim to care so much about... Read it and explain it to us...

www.ewtn.com

Modern Look at Abortion Not Same as St. Augustine's | EWTN

EWTN is a global, Catholic Television, Catholic Radio, and Catholic News Network that provides catholic programming and news coverage from around the world.
www.ewtn.com

Abortion his a home grown a wedge issue. That why Jesus never mentioned it but it comes out of politicians mouth everyday.

Dobbs allows blue states to murder babies up until the moment of birth and the left wing cult fucks STILL CANNOT SATISFY THIER BLOOD LUST.
True as that is, the overturning of Roe was just one battle in the overall culture and information war.

Going for full bans when you've just won the battle that it took over 30 years to win is totally overplaying your hand.

What moral stigma....

www.politico.com

The Religious Right and the Abortion Myth

White evangelicals in the 1970s didn’t initially care about abortion. They organized to defend racial segregation in evangelical institutions — and only seized on banning abortion because it was more palatable than their real goal.
www.politico.com

www.ewtn.com

Modern Look at Abortion Not Same as St. Augustine's | EWTN

EWTN is a global, Catholic Television, Catholic Radio, and Catholic News Network that provides catholic programming and news coverage from around the world.
www.ewtn.com

JesusMoonbat.jpg

True as that is, the overturning of Roe was just one battle in the overall culture and information war.

Going for full bans when you've just won the battle that it took over 30 years to win is totally overplaying your hand.

Although the Dems are playing a good game by calling 15 week limits "bans", even if the 15 week limit is just for birth control abortions. That's over 3 months to make up your mind.

The only real control issue most have is with abortion
Well, abortion, books, peaceful protest, partner choices and about 8 thousand other things, yeah.
and that's because to them another life is involved.
They need to learn to mind their own fucking business.
Progressives as collectivists are the real party of control.
Two criminally deranged parties, both conservative, neither remotely collectivist.

Although the Dems are playing a good game by calling 15 week limits "bans", even if the 15 week limit is just for birth control abortions. That's over 3 months to make up your mind.
You have to keep communicating, especially when you know the other side is going to lie out their asses about you.

Rush was right....The republicans have been losers for so long that they don't know how to react when they win.

Well, abortion, books, peaceful protest, partner choices and about 8 thousand other things, yeah.

They need to learn to mind their own fucking business.

Two criminally deranged parties, both conservative, neither remotely collectivist.

Not letting books into grade school libraries isn't banning them.
"peaceful" lol
its not about the partnering, it's about the forced acceptance/celebration of the partnering and the crap SC case.

So you're saying abortion rights should extend to one year after birth?

Before Dobbs, the Republicans could placate the Religious Right and Social Conservatives by speaking out against Abortion. This was essentially harmless. With Roe as the law of the land, there was no hope of actually doing anything. And best of all, the Republicans couldn’t be blamed for doing nothing. The Supreme Court had ruled and the poor politicians were powerless to do anything about it.

So some fool in the audience screams that “Abortion is Murder” and the politician could agree and lament about how awful it was and it’s a shame the Supremes gave us this awful ruling.

Then Dobbs came and the Republicans got what they said they wanted. Only, it’s not going the way they wanted.

Abortions have remained the same, and indications are that there has been an increase since Dobbs.

So the stated goal to stop abortions, has failed. They are about the same and even possibly increasing. So the “have to save lives” mentality is taking it right on the nose.

For decades polling indicated that most people supported a woman’s right to choose. The Anti Abortion people swore that these were push polls. They were fiction. These polls were lies. A vast majority wanted to save the unborn babies.

Even when Abortion was an issue in an election, the Republican would win. But nobody stopped to consider it might be because the voters didn’t think the politician could do anything about the issue.

Now of course we are in a post Dobbs world. The problem is that the Republicans don’t know what to do. It turns out the polls were right. The majority of voters actually are pro choice. In the meantime the Republicans have become defined by fierce opposition to Abortion.

It is worse for Trump. He proudly announced he had done this. He had packed the court with anti abortion Judges who overturned Roe.

The Republicans are now demanding that the important issues, the ones that matter are the economy, and immigration, and the deficit. The voters appear to think Abortion is pretty important.
I agree, it was terrible for the GOP, but what can we do about it? The Supreme Court is not a political organization. They are going to do whatever they do.

Not letting books into grade school libraries isn't banning them.
"peaceful" lol
its not about the partnering, it's about the forced acceptance/celebration of the partnering and the crap SC case.
Sorry - I thought you were being reasonable there for a second.

My bad.

Hope you find a nice cave.

Seriously - no sense in being uncomfortable. :)

I do not disagree.

If one does not like your states abortion policy and that is so important...then one can move.

I love the ocean, so I chose to live in Florida and not Nebraska,

I do not disagree.

If one does not like your states abortion policy and that is so important...then one can move.

I love the ocean, so I chose to live in Florida and not Nebraska,
Not talking about that.

The republicans won at the USSC level, then acted as though the issue was settled when the fight in the states was only beginning.

Did they? The SC was charged with the matter of RvW and simply returned control of it to the states. It was not a Republican issue, but a legal issue not to ban abortions, but to simply de-federalize it and de-centralize the issue. All the rest of it has been nothing but shrill noise by the Left.

It went exactly as intended, control of the decisions moved closer to the actual people.

In other words, all of the panic and hysteria of the Left was once again baseless and unfounded. No women have had their "rights" taken away. All of the abortion rhetoric and panic is once again, nothing but a sheep horn to the bleating idiots on the Left.

If the SC had wanted to write law and end abortions, they could have simply banned them. Once again,the Left have scored a "victory," where no battle was ever waged. Just one more nothingburger to rally the mass legions of idiots in their flock.
Sounds like you missed the point of the OP which laid out the political ramifications of the move. No bueno for Reps

Sounds like you missed the point of the OP which laid out the political ramifications of the move.

IRRELEVANT. The law is the law and should be applied irregardless of the "political ramifications," jackass. No one is losing out on dumping their kids and as the OP says, abortions may even be up, so in that regard, your trailer trash ought to be THANKING the SCOTUS for doing their jobs and applying the law as the Founders intended.

Forum List

Back