Do you want me to turn this car back around and go home?

"My house - my rules."

Hey, used that one in that conversation too.

Damn, now that I think about it, that conversation had a hell of a lot of cliches being thrown about. Maybe I need some new material.

Immie

One thing I tell my boys now that my parents didn't back then: "Pull up your damn pants!"

I never told them that. If they were sagging, I'd wait till they walked by and yank their pants including their boxers down to their knees. Regardless of where we were.

They learned to wear fucking belts and not let their asses hang out.

I also asked them how far did they think they could run before they tripped and I caught up with them, if they wore their pants like that. I think that was even more convincing than de-pantsing them in public.

Oddly enough, my kids never lied to me, they still don't. Have no idea why not. They never took money from my purse, either, nor did they lift it from wherever it was lying around. I never even had to tell them not to.

One thing I tell my boys now that my parents didn't back then: "Pull up your damn pants!"

I never told them that. If they were sagging, I'd wait till they walked by and yank their pants including their boxers down to their knees. Regardless of where we were.

I also asked them how far did they think they could run before they tripped and I caught up with them, if they wore their pants like that. I think that was even more convincing than de-pantsing them in public.

Perfect!...lol

I have one 19 yr old who that wouldn't make much of a difference, though... The kid is oblivious...

Mine would threaten to call the "child a buse people" I'd say go ahead do it when they get here I'll tell em I abused you and soon as they leave I'm gonna abuse you again then they have to take you away! Cone on in I'll help you pack :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

Perfect!...lol

I have one 19 yr old who that wouldn't make much of a difference, though... The kid is oblivious...

Time for him to get a job where the old timers will give him shit and he risks his life if he gets caught in the machinery.

Perfect!...lol

Time for him to get a job where the old timers will give him shit and he risks his life if he gets caught in the machinery.

Don't get me started.... My son is allergic to "seeking employment"....:banghead:

And other nuggets our parents said.

What "Gems" do you use on your kids that your parents used on you?

When I was a kid, and we screwed up, the biggest punishment was to go "pick rocks" out of the hay field. Basically you take the farm truck, "put 'er in low", walk alongside of it, pick up rocks and put them in the bed.

We lived in Southern MO, and when you pull a rock out of the ground, another one pops up in it's place.

I am fairly certain that a similar fate awaits some group of sinners in one of the lesser circles of hell.
Trivia about hell must be your specialty, seeing your fixation with it and all.

It's because I run the joint when the boss it out.

Don't worry, we've got a spot set aside just for you.

Forum List

Back