Do you want me to turn this car back around and go home?

"If you wanna play with the big boys, you're gonna get hurt."

I used it on my kids...and on brats who stupidly tried to start shit with them and then came to my house with their mommies to complain about getting their heads knocked into lightposts when they got off the bus.

And other nuggets our parents said.

What "Gems" do you use on your kids that your parents used on you?

When I was a kid, and we screwed up, the biggest punishment was to go "pick rocks" out of the hay field. Basically you take the farm truck, "put 'er in low", walk alongside of it, pick up rocks and put them in the bed.

We lived in Southern MO, and when you pull a rock out of the ground, another one pops up in it's place.

I am fairly certain that a similar fate awaits some group of sinners in one of the lesser circles of hell.

And of course my favorite of all times, "Go ahead and call the cops. They'll give me a fucking medal."

I shared that one a day or two ago, still cracks me up. I've used it successfully on several bratty adolescent boys.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
All those are mine, though. My folks were oddly gentle. They could be mean as catshit with their words, but they never hit us, never cussed at us, and never raised their voices.

or ...i dont care what other parents do or think....cause of course we were the only parents who cared...if you were drinking....if you were late ...if you were _______________ just fill in the blank.

I used that on my son the other day when he tried to tell me that his friends can stay out as late as they want to.

Guess what... he's still gonna be home when I tell him to have his butt in the house.

My wife likes, "Wait til your father gets home". I hate it, why do I always have to be the bad guy.

I use... "who ever told you life was fair?" In fact, I used it in the conversation with my son about his friends not having curfews.

Immie

To tell you all the truth, after my father died at 13 and had to live with my Full German mother and the things she said to me daily...I couldn't even type here and you all know I can talk like a sailor too.

• Thanks
And then I liked to use my diminished capacity retard-speak for the boys when they were acting like diminished capacity retards. I could always shut my mouthy second son up by saying, "My God, are you listening to yourself? You sound just like >>>>> ."

Of course he knew >>>>>> because we always had the guys out in public. But it was very effective for when he was going off. Which he did fairly regularly between the ages of 12-16.

Actually, the techniques we used for our volatile morons was very effective on the boys...and my ex. Who I think possibly was more diminished than our most insane client. The boys caught on. The ex never did, the reject.

• Thanks
And other nuggets our parents said.

What "Gems" do you use on your kids that your parents used on you?

When I was a kid, and we screwed up, the biggest punishment was to go "pick rocks" out of the hay field. Basically you take the farm truck, "put 'er in low", walk alongside of it, pick up rocks and put them in the bed.

We lived in Southern MO, and when you pull a rock out of the ground, another one pops up in it's place.

I am fairly certain that a similar fate awaits some group of sinners in one of the lesser circles of hell.
Trivia about hell must be your specialty, seeing your fixation with it and all.

Forum List

Back