Do you want me to turn this car back around and go home?

When I was a kid, and we screwed up, the biggest punishment was to go "pick rocks" out of the hay field. Basically you take the farm truck, "put 'er in low", walk alongside of it, pick up rocks and put them in the bed.

We lived in Southern MO, and when you pull a rock out of the ground, another one pops up in it's place.

I am fairly certain that a similar fate awaits some group of sinners in one of the lesser circles of hell.
Trivia about hell must be your specialty, seeing your fixation with it and all.

It's because I run the joint when the boss it out.

Don't worry, we've got a spot set aside just for you.

It's no big deal when you're wrong once in awhile, but you're making a habit of it. Maybe this shaman thing isn't your line of work.

Perfect!...lol

I have one 19 yr old who that wouldn't make much of a difference, though... The kid is oblivious...

Time for him to get a job where the old timers will give him shit and he risks his life if he gets caught in the machinery.

Don't get me started.... My son is allergic to "seeking employment"....:banghead:

o hell no....dont even let them start that shit...he needs to be in school or at work...simple as that.

Pipe down.

If you were in Vietnam you'd be eating nothing but rice.

This is not a democracy.

I'm in your rooom. (that would be the brothers tormenting me)

Mom, she's breathing. (that would also be the brothers tormenting me)

my grandfather was better at this stuff.

"Why is that light on? Do you have investments in commonwealth edison?"

"Shut that door. I'm not paying to heat the whole town of Aurora."

My mother used to floor the accelerator and scream at the top of her lungs that she was going to hit a tree and kill us both.

I stopped asking her for rides when I was 8

Last edited:
And other nuggets our parents said.

What "Gems" do you use on your kids that your parents used on you?

My mom was (and still is) big on guilt trips. For instance, "do you really want your poor mother to have to pick up your trash and hurt her back?" It was a blessing in disguise, however, because it is virtually impossible to 'guilt' me into doing something.

Time for him to get a job where the old timers will give him shit and he risks his life if he gets caught in the machinery.

Don't get me started.... My son is allergic to "seeking employment"....:banghead:

o hell no....dont even let them start that shit...he needs to be in school or at work...simple as that.

My ex is giving him way too much leeway in this, but she's getting better... Put his car up for sale (can't pay for gas and insurance if you're not working)... He's back in school after labor day, but still needs to work weekends and any day he doesn't have classes...

And other nuggets our parents said.

What "Gems" do you use on your kids that your parents used on you?

When I grow up I'm Never Having kids of my own.

We found you at the Bronx Zoo, We think your real last name was Gates.

My sister's in laws, who were loaded, had only one rule for their kids regarding money....they would pay for everything so long as they were in school. Tuition, clothing, vacations, cars, a healthy allowance, rent, the whole kabang.

The minute they decided not to attend school, all financial assistance stopped. They were nice about it, but the money was shut off completely, and there was no coming home to stay.

I have one boy (saggy pants boy) who is a working fool and has been since he was a baby. He's been a man since he was 8, no kidding. He had his moments, when he'd dig in his heels (think not going to school in walmart clothing) but he wasn't the mouthy one who would stand there and try to argue for hours over nonsense. He was greasing combines at 9 in the summers, and driving wheat truck by 11.

Boy #2, not so much. Love him to death, he's not lazy....he's good about doing his national guard stuff (which is not fun) and had no problem with basic...he gets up every day and has a plan for the day, keeps the house clean, enjoys taking martial arts lessons and practicing....but when it comes to holding down a mindless job he just hasn't hit the place in his life where he understand all work is work, some is more sucky than others, but it still has to be done.

He doesn't have kids, so it's not an issue. He makes enough to squeak by with National Guard, especially now he's gearing up to go to Iraq (spends a lot more time in training) and has a wife who's regular Army and brings in a regular paycheck. So we haven't reached critical mass yet. He wants to go into the medical field right now...but a year ago he was set on getting his pilot's license, and before that, hell, I don't even remember. He hasn't really settled on what he's going to do yet.

But he's only 23. Of course, that sounded different when I said, "Oh, he's only 21," lol. Funniest kid in the world, he sparkles and can do anything. Well, except fix a car...but that doesn't stop him from trying. He doesn't drink or do drugs, and he's not a recluse, so I have faith in him. It takes the men in our family (except my older son, he's an anomoly) a really long time to grow up. They don't even get their full height until they're 30 or so.

It's all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out.

It's all fun and games until someone comments on something you said...

It always confused me...was my Dad actually enjoying my crying and wanted to encourage me to cry more by slapping me?

So that's what happened to you... your dad abused you.

... cause then you have a little whiny, cry baby fit and neg people.

Well I don't know about anybody else here, but I gathered that your dad slapped you around from what you said, and I call that abuse.

So you negged me for making a reasonable observation... what a fucking ass hole.

Last edited:
Trivia about hell must be your specialty, seeing your fixation with it and all.

It's no big deal when you're wrong once in awhile, but you're making a habit of it. Maybe this shaman thing isn't your line of work.

I am beginning to think you have abso-fucking-lutely no sense of humor whatsoever.

I am beginning to think you have abso-fucking-lutely no sense of humor whatsoever.

No... I just like to FUCK with people that feel the need to FUCK with me. Don't like it, don't fuck with me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back