Do you want a CIC like this.

Air Force chiefs want their new stealth fighters, bad -- so bad, they're willing to scrap some of their best-performing planes early, in order to free up cash for their controversial, next-generation jet.

Inside Defense reports that "nearly half the B-52 bomber force and the full U-2 spy plane and F-117 stealth fighter fleets" will be retired ahead of schedule, under a Pentagon budget plan endorsed by the Air Force. It's part of "a bid to save $16.4 billion and boost spending" for the F-22 Raptor program.

About a year ago, a similar Pentagon "Program Budget Decision," or PBD, cut $10 billion out of the F-22's budget. Originally designed to duel with Soviet fighters, the Raptor seemed to be a plane without a mission; the Air Force touted the F-22 as everything from a cargo lifter to an IED-stopper. A fleet of 277 Raptors was downsized to 179 -- despite a massive PR campaign from the Air Force.

You remember the F-117 the Stealth Fighter made famous during the gulf War , well they are all gone now, guess who is sitting on the Armed Service Committee?

The Air Force retired the F-117 on 22 April 2008,[2] primarily due to the purchasing and eventual deployment of the more effective F-22 Raptor[5][6] and F-35 Lightning II.

Image:F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

No need to feel sorry, It's not the first time I have been disappointed by someone in government far from it. I think it's time those people in Washington started taking that Oath of office a little more seroiusly though.

Why are there a lot of people that are outraged over defense being outsourced but not mad that auto manufacturing went overseas?

Maybe that's why they demonized Michigan unions.

I guess they wanted to see how far they could go.

Ps. Remember we demonized Michael Jordan yrs ago because his shoes were made by child sweatshop labor? You never hear about stories like this anymore. Not since the Free Trade Boys moved in in 2000.

Does anyone think it doesn't still happen? China will poison us with their products to save a buck but they won't exploit kids? Maybe they don't see it as cruel?

f-117_02-front.jpg

I'm sorry the pic of the F117 didnt show up in the last post "Stealth" So I posted it here.

Why are there a lot of people that are outraged over defense being outsourced but not mad that auto manufacturing went overseas?

Maybe that's why they demonized Michigan unions.

I guess they wanted to see how far they could go.

Ps. Remember we demonized Michael Jordan yrs ago because his shoes were made by child sweatshop labor? You never hear about stories like this anymore. Not since the Free Trade Boys moved in in 2000.

Does anyone think it doesn't still happen? China will poison us with their products to save a buck but they won't exploit kids? Maybe they don't see it as cruel?

Do you really want to know whats Ironic? Your aware the presidential helicopter is called Marine One and is made by Sikorsky and has been for years. Well then new one is going to be made in Italy, and that contract was awarded to an Italian Firm. Ironic don't you think?

John McCain IMHO is not qualified to be CIC as stunning as this may seem let me see if I can make it as short as possible. His record on the Armed Service Committed is one of killing DoD programs all in the name of cost cutting, however given his new found love of spending 850 Billion and two wars being fought, does it make sense to anyone that Military purchase of new technology should be cancelled, especially much needed technology to replace in come cases 40 year old aircraft, and worn out equipment? The one thing more to contemplate here too is why would a president allow such technology to be developed and be in the hands of a foreign power at the expense of american jobs? I have listed a little history of John McCains dealings with Boeing on the KC-X tanker program. His new target now is the F-35 JSF,FCS, as well as the LCS.

The last time Sen. John McCain started questioning the cost and structure of a massive Pentagon contract in a Senate hearing, he was initially written off as a grump. But eventually, Boeing lost a $23 billion deal to lease tankers to the Air Force.
The Seattle Times: Business & Technology: McCain tackles Boeing project

As he stumps for President, Senator John McCain likes to brag about how he kept Boeing Inc. (NYSE: BA) from winning a contract to build Tankers -- in-flight refueling aircraft -- for the Air Force in 2004. Last week, the Air Force announced that the winner of the contract was Boeing's arch-rival, EADS, parent of Airbus which is based in Toulouse, France and Northrop Grumman (NYSE: NOC).

That decision is sitting very well with the governor of Alabama, where Northrop Grumman is based. Republic Governor Bob Riley endorsed McCain a mere three days after the Air Force contract was announced. The EADS-Northrop tanker, based on the Airbus A330, will be built in Mobile, AL, where The Associated Press reports it will produce 2,000 new jobs, and support 25,000 jobs at suppliers nationwide.

Is it just a coincidence that Riley endorsed McCain so soon after that contract was awarded? Boeing supporters in Congress may be wondering and they are angry with McCain "for scuttling an earlier deal that would have let Boeing build the next generation of Air Force refueling tankers." AP reports that Boeing now will miss out on a deal that it says would have supported 44,000 new and existing jobs at the company and suppliers in 40 states.

Now the contract has been put off till the next president can make a decision on it. The DoD annouced yesterday after a recommendation from the Armed Service Committiee that they would delay purchase of the F-35 JSF risking member country participation to the tune of 330 billion dollars. Three countries in the programs after the announcement have notified Northrop that they intend to seek other options. The Armed Service Committee also made recommendations that the Litoral Combat Ship be delayed and that units 3 and 4 be cancelled and placed on hold all ships after unit 5. Remember we are fighting wars here with equipment that can and does wear out folks and in some cases especially with the KC-135 Tanker is very old. This is the man you want who not only has a record of killing Military programs but also favors offshore military purchases at the expense of American ones.

Are you becoming more firmly anti-mccain? it sounds this way?

Are you becoming more firmly anti-mccain? it sounds this way?

I'm done with John McCain Cali he has betrayed his principles and a member of the Arizona delegation in the Senate both he and John Kyl both no longer have my support.

Forum List

Back