Do you think your average tea partyer would take a pepper spray to the face-

i don't think Teapartiers would be criminals.

So I guess that's where your comparison kinda breaks down.

I guess you didn't see that the kids who were sprayed with pepper spray by the criminal cops were just sitting quietly.

otherwise i'm sure you wouldn't say anything that silly.

and i'm sure you'll correct your statement once you see the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnR7xET7Uo]Police Pepper Spray Peaceful UC Davis Students - YouTube[/ame]

You call these cops criminals and you call yourself a lawyer? :cuckoo:

Fom a legal standpoint, the cops didn’t do anything wrong.

Pepper spray is perfectly legal, and arguing that the police used excessive force would be difficult. Even for self-proclaimed lawyer such as yourself.

It was poor form Lonestar. The consequences are already raining down heave. The best Law and Order Approach was Incarceration, not unprovoked Violence. Passive Resistance is not Provocation. Even if it was, the amount of Pepper Spray dumped on Each Individual was abuse. It was Sadistic.

Authorities stirred a major hornet's nest when they did that to UC Davis students.

Yes, it's apparent now, the hornets nest has been stirred. Everyone better be careful, this is going to attract another 10 protesters or so to come out and cry for more free stuff.

the tea people were a) older; b) had sporadic rallies; and c) weren't attacked by police like the Occupy people were in Oakland and UC Davis. To be fair, the police then also weren't paid 4.6 million to protect corporate interests like the NYPD were either.

just saying.

They weren't attacked by the police because they violated no laws, caused no riots, seized no property, did not destroy private property, did not block traffic except when issued a permit to do so, followed the cops orders, etc etc. Any more ignorant statements you wanna make?

Yes they such good little citizens, so well behaved and compliant. They showed up to these rallies to find all this stuff already paid for and arranged by the lobbyists and none of them asked "who's paying for all this stuff?"

There is ways in our system to deal with a government that is out of control, the first level is the voting booth, which the tea party made clear in 2010. In 2012 it will be all the more clear that the People will no longer tolerate reckless government.
OWS cannot grasp the concept, they are not waiting for the 2012 voting booth, they want the free stuff now, like a bunch of little cry babies not getting there way. OWS is a threat to American liberty, they are giving the government more reason to strip our liberties every day, which is there goal to begin with.

I guess you didn't see that the kids who were sprayed with pepper spray by the criminal cops were just sitting quietly.

otherwise i'm sure you wouldn't say anything that silly.

and i'm sure you'll correct your statement once you see the video.

Police Pepper Spray Peaceful UC Davis Students - YouTube

Pepper spray is perfectly legal, and arguing that the police used excessive force would be difficult. Even for self-proclaimed lawyer such as yourself.

It was poor form Lonestar. The consequences are already raining down heave. The best Law and Order Approach was Incarceration, not unprovoked Violence. Passive Resistance is not Provocation. Even if it was, the amount of Pepper Spray dumped on Each Individual was abuse. It was Sadistic.

So instead of using pepper spray to gain compliance, you would rather have them use physical force to gain compliance. Police have the right to use any force necessary to gain compliance. The protesters were given many warnings. They failed to heed those warnings.

Teabaggers are older, wealthier folks - many retired, who support the wingnut agenda. Whereas, the OWSers are youth who don't see a future. They can't afford motor homes and Medicare scooters - so they camp out in tents and such.

Anyone see the difference...?

And this is your justification for them breaking the law? There is no excuse for how they behave, they do not have the right to free shit, they do however have the responsibility to earn a living and be productive citizens of this country. And if they dont see a future for themselves they need to go 1600 Pennsylvania avenue and protest, where it needs to be done.
It's not wallstreets fault, the banks could not have done anything without government approval. Protest congress and the white house, not the banks.

Protesting is not a crime,it is a right.

PROTESTING is a right; RIOTING, destruction of property, rape, assault,and attempted insurrection are CRIMES! For those who have grievances, the courts are still open and functioning, the constitution is fully in force, the right of the people to PEACEFULLY assemble and speak has not been abridged, and citizens have the right to vote against any politician they do not approve of; the poor are not starving to death; and there is NO justification for insurrection! And yet, that is what a whining, filthy, cowardly, lawless rabble are threatening, unless they get their way? Nothing more than a pack of whipped, craven fice, baying at the moon!

I don't see these students sitting there raping destroying or otherwise committing anything you have claimed.

I'm going to wait until this investigation is over to form a full opinion on the matter and if the police were correct in this...

action.

I'll wait and see if any video surfaces that shows what both protestors and cops were doing before the pepper spray was used.. All I can tell from what's been shown to this point is that at some point after refusing a police order to disperse, the protestors apparently linked arms to make it virtually impossible for the police to simply drag them away and arrest them, without first using force to separate them. I cannot tell exactly what they were told to do, or what, if anything, they said or did beyond that. That being the case, it LOOKS, on first view, that the police had the following options:(1) physically pull them apart from one another (2) use pepper spray to make them let go of one another or (3) break out the riot batons. In any event considerable force was APPARENTLY needed to clear the area and effect arrests. The cops may well have decided that pepper spray had the least potential for actually injuring the fools the fools (the stuff does nothing more than cause extreme temporary discomfort), and acted accordingly. It may LOOK rough, but I'd hardly call it brutality (unless someone here is going to claim that there is some "right" to resist arrest, which is complete bullshit!). Looks like the mildest level on the force continuum, to me.

So instead of using pepper spray to gain compliance, you would rather have them use physical force to gain compliance. Police have the right to use any force necessary to gain compliance. The protesters were given many warnings. They failed to heed those warnings.

Yes, they should have dragged them off, if necessary and Arrested them. I've been there more than a few times in my Youth. The Right thing would have been to arrest and prosecute. It was the expected thing to do. Force is used where Passive Resistance ends. Had there been Violence on the part of the Protestors, Pepper Spray would have been Justified.

They weren't attacked by the police because they violated no laws, caused no riots, seized no property, did not destroy private property, did not block traffic except when issued a permit to do so, followed the cops orders, etc etc. Any more ignorant statements you wanna make?

Yes they such good little citizens, so well behaved and compliant. They showed up to these rallies to find all this stuff already paid for and arranged by the lobbyists and none of them asked "who's paying for all this stuff?"

You guys sure were singing a different tune a couple of years ago.:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u46QoT_eNQ8]Nancy Pelosi Desperately Attempts to Squeeze Out Some Crocodile Tears - YouTube[/ame]

Everytime I see pelosi it reminds me of a rat looking for cheese. She is a disgusting vile woman, and a fucking liar, which is the worst type of human being in my book.

Do you think that a person should always comply with a police order no matter what? What if they came for your guns?

Let's stay on topic here, because they are not coming for our guns. The protesters are breaking the law, they are being dealt with, that is the point so let's not go into hypotheticals to derail the real topic "That you created I might add".

The Tea Party supports the anti-tax, anti-government agenda of the corporations which own Washington and the media. They are not against the powers which run this country. They represent those powers. The Tea Party is the populist apparachick of the concentrated wealth which funds elections and staffs government

retard.jpg

Look at these images. Does this not remind you of Abu Ghraib and GITMO? This is not what i want from my Police...

Shock OWS video: Cops pepper spray peaceful California students - YouTube

No, it reminds me of the same silly shit that went down at the New York City OWS protests...naive little college kids who aren't even sure what they're protesting FOR...provoking the police into using pepper spray on them and then wailing piteously as the news cameras record the news "event".

It's not shocking...it's not news...and it's becoming stale.

I don't see any provocation. I see some people sitting on the ground. If that's all it takes to "provoke" a violent response from the police - don't you think that's a problem?

Do you not find it odd that the filming either 1) just began when the pepperspraying started or 2) something was purposefully left out, maybe an event leading up to the pepperspraying.?

Yes, they should have dragged them off, if necessary and Arrested them. I've been there more than a few times in my Youth. The Right thing would have been to arrest and prosecute. It was the expected thing to do. Force is used where Passive Resistance ends. Had there been Violence on the part of the Protestors, Pepper Spray would have been Justified.

INtense, had they been sitting there and simply refused to disperse, without linking arms, I'd agree with you. Had they simply gone limp, and made the police drag them off, I'd agree with you; but locking arms like that, to deliberately resist arrest by MAKING the police to use force to separate them, is while relatively passive, STILL "resisting arrest" by group action, and as such, it crosses the line between simple disobedience and actively resisting police. Specifically, it constitutes a separate and distinct offense, namely "resisting arrest", which IS an escalation that by law allows police to use force.

Last edited:
for the cause? They like to talk big but they are telling the OWS protesters to meekly submit to state authority when the state arbitrarily decides their rights have run out. All those who say they would never submit if the government trampled their rights need to look at OWS to see what that looks like.

I have taken pepperspray to the face before, a few times as a matter of fact, it was a requirement for my job when I worked for the state.
You only seen the part of the video that the looney left wanted you to see so you assume it wasn't justified, eventually the rest of the video will come out.

It was a bad move. Just Arrest them. Save the Pepper Spray for when it is justified, like when there is Rioting.

I can tell you from experience, I would rather wrestle with someone who cant see me than with someone who can. And the police where outnumbered which factored into it also. When it comes to a MOB who has proven to be violent, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Pepperspray will knock the fight out of almost anyone.

10 of them were arrested.

Next time they should break out the batons and leave their pepper spray in their cars. :cuckoo:

Exactly, there are levels of force to be used according to the level of resistance.

Look, you, I or anyone else can violate the law, in a non-violent manner, to make a point-PROVIDED that we also peacefully submit to arrest when ordered to. The police have a right to use force to effect any arrest, IF the subject or subjects resist arrest. "Resisting" means anything beyond simple non-compliance., including enabling others to resist. You can simply sit there or go limp, and make them drag you as an individual, off. What you cannot lawfully do, is any physical act intended to make it more difficult for law enforcement to arrest you, or another. When you link arms the police have every right to use force to unlink them, because you are doing a physical act with the specific intent to obstruct the lawful arrest of yourself and/or others.

Last edited:
Probably been said already.....

But...

The average tea partyer will never put themselves in a position to be pepper sprayed.

They show respect to authority.

Look at these images. Does this not remind you of Abu Ghraib and GITMO? This is not what i want from my Police...

Shock OWS video: Cops pepper spray peaceful California students - YouTube

No, it reminds me of the same silly shit that went down at the New York City OWS protests...naive little college kids who aren't even sure what they're protesting FOR...provoking the police into using pepper spray on them and then wailing piteously as the news cameras record the news "event".

It's not shocking...it's not news...and it's becoming stale.

I don't see any provocation. I see some people sitting on the ground. If that's all it takes to "provoke" a violent response from the police - don't you think that's a problem?

You people amuse me. Those OWS protesters were there with the sole purpose of confronting the police and getting a response out of them that can be used to garner media attention. All of their protests are centered around that one central goal.

Show me one demonstration that they have had that eventually didn't escalate into a confrontation with police? You can't because they all have. The reason that they have to provoke the police is that without the confrontations with police the OWS group really don't have ANYTHING to hold anyone's interest. Their original marches in NYC were pathetic. Nobody paid any attention to them until those girls got pepper sprayed for refusing to comply with police. Once they figured out that confrontations with the police was the ticket for getting coverage it became the staple of every protest.

Forum List

Back