Would Trump have won if?

• Trump won anyway, but yes, not question

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
COVID wasn't a national emergency. I know the media likes to pretend it was though.
A new virus that killed half a million people seems to qualify as an emergency to me.
A little over 30,000 died from Covid alone. The survival rate is 99.7%

No asshole - 1.9% have DIED per CDC, Johns Hopkins & every other reliable source.
We have 4% of the world’s population & 20% of the world’s DEATH.
STFU & take your lies & conspiracy theories elsewhere please!
You can't really assume that all of the national numbers are equally accurate in reporting. China has been lying about COVID since the beginning, so they are very likely underreporting deaths by a huge margin, for example.

Taking the states approach was actually the most constitutional route possible. It's a good thing that Trump didn't get more involved, because it is the responsibility of the states to handle things like this.
You have to be kidding? Once something crosses state lines it becomes a federal thing. Think when a hurricane strikes, the government sends in FEMA.
I'm not a fan of FEMA either. States should be responsible for their own disaster funding. Otherwise, you have the current situation where certain states suck up a lot of federal funds for disasters, while others foot the bill. Florida is at least semi-proactive about this, because they have their own state fund for disasters. I'm not sure if it covers their entire disaster costs, but it's a start.

Every state should be more independent about this sort of thing and various other issues.

Kindly define “National Emergency” for the class as a state issue - GO!! :icon_rolleyes:
COVID wasn't a national emergency. I know the media likes to pretend it was though.

Then why did Rump Dumpster declare a national fucking emergency, proclaim himself to be a “War President”, and go on to do absolutely NOTHING about it :confused-84:
Trump wasn't immune to playing politics. Every executive in our system can't resist a power grab. Trump at least showed more restraint with COVID than many governors did.

It's never going to happen, but America needs another Calvin Coolidge as president. He knew the value of small government.
Coolidge brought us the Great Depression
Who needs big Government?
False. Big banking did. And what did we do to "fix" it? Give money to banks. Granted, FDR didn't sell us out as bad as many other presidents have. He at least had some sense of national pride and loyalty.
Big banking allowed to operate without Government regulation.
What could go wrong?
The problem is that when government gets involved now, they subsidize failure. The Great Depression could have been a warning to all future banks that failure is on them.

Instead, we've created a cycle of bailouts. That's what government "regulation" actually does.

A new virus that killed half a million people seems to qualify as an emergency to me.
A little over 30,000 died from Covid alone. The survival rate is 99.7%

Stop with this alt-right bullshit. If these people didn't get the virus, they'd be alive.
Doesn't matter what they suffered as comorbidities.

Trump fucked up the response to the virus. So he lost the election.
Accept it and move on.
In reality most those people would have been dead if they got the flu. They saw you losers coming. You still afraid?

Been out and about since June, 2020, snowflake. Going shopping, the gym, traveling around New England, even going to the occasional restaurant even though that was never my thing.
No fear here. Just a healthy dose of caution and a respect for my fellow citizen.

Trump lost because he fucked up the response to the virus...because he was...(or was supposed to be) the President of the United States..jeez, I can barely get through that without throwing up in my mouth. :)
Trump did not lose. Trump was defrauded and you are siding with America hating criminals. That is on you.

Actually, a better analogy is how people have died in car accidents and have been counted as COVID deaths because they turned out to be positive. Clearly, it wasn't COVID that actually killed them.
Actually an interesting articles about justices of the peace in Texas undercounted COVID as cause of death when people died at home, and they never got them tested. Some didn't even visit the scene. That actually accounts for more undercounts of COVID than all the motor vehicle accident fatalities.
Fair enough, but even if all of the deaths had been from COVID alone, the survival rate is still very high. We could double the current number, and the rate would still be very high.

the deaths were not due to COVID alone -- these were people with pre-existing conditions.
Interesting. Say some lunatic runs over a capitol hills policeman, with high blood pressure.

Blame the pre-existing condition.
Actually, a better analogy is how people have died in car accidents and have been counted as COVID deaths because they turned out to be positive. Clearly, it wasn't COVID that actually killed them.
BS
Again, don't take my word for it.

Dude Dude DUDE. This has been endlessly debunked. ONE death was initially misclassified, then corrected.
Kindly find yourself a new faux outrage, or go play with your original Mr Potato Head! :lol:

the deaths were not due to COVID alone -- these were people with pre-existing conditions.
Interesting. Say some lunatic runs over a capitol hills policeman, with high blood pressure.

BS

Dude Dude DUDE. This has been endlessly debunked. ONE death was initially misclassified, then corrected.
Kindly find yourself a new faux outrage, or go play with your original Mr Potato Head! :lol:
I could find plenty of other examples of questionable filings of "comorbidity" with COVID, but I get the impression you'll just downplay anything I provide.

It's not my aim to distract you from your fixation on COVID. You live in Oregon, and you can support whatever restrictions you like, while we loosen restrictions here. That's the beauty of the state approach. I can't impose on you, and you can't impose on me.

BS

One? Are you serious? The more they said died from Covid the more money they got. Covid has been a plaything for globalists and again they have you completely fooled. Not that is to tough to do.

Even if you extrapolated that to happening in 100% of accident cases, that only accounts for discounting 30,000 out of 550,000

So you're still north of 520,000 deaths from COVID.

Trump could have won easily if he had acted like a leader during COVID.
America would have rallied around him
Yeah. I don't think so. If Trump had been more involved, the media would have turned on him just the same. This is why not getting involved was the best approach. The media had a harder time dividing blame between governors it didn't like.

BS

I could find plenty of other examples of questionable filings of "comorbidity" with COVID, but I get the impression you'll just downplay anything I provide.

It's not my aim to distract you from your fixation on COVID. You live in Oregon, and you can support whatever restrictions you like, while we loosen restrictions here. That's the beauty of the state approach. I can't impose on you, and you can't impose on me.
Except in a Federal election.

Even if you extrapolated that to happening in 100% of accident cases, that only accounts for discounting 30,000 out of 550,000

So you're still north of 520,000 deaths from COVID.
Well, again, auto accidents weren't the only questionable filings.

Trump could have won easily if he had acted like a leader during COVID.
America would have rallied around him
Yeah. I don't think so. If Trump had been more involved, the media would have turned on him just the same. This is why not getting involved was the best approach. The media had a harder time dividing blame between governors it didn't like.

Maybe. But those voters who thought he was a complete douchebag before January 22, 2020 would have seen him as a man who empathized with what was happening and took action.
They would have voted for him. At least enough to make a difference in his re-election.

Fair enough, but even if all of the deaths had been from COVID alone, the survival rate is still very high. We could double the current number, and the rate would still be very high.
Actually COVID has a lower survival rate than WW 2.

More Americans died during a week of COVID than during a week of D-Day.

Think about that.

Except in a Federal election.
True, but that's part of why I want to dismantle most of the federal government. It's become a monster.

Actually COVID has a lower survival rate than WW 2.

More Americans died during a week of COVID than during a week of D-Day.

Think about that.
Well, not all Americans were enlisted. On a given week in many months of last year, we likely had more people exposed to COVID than were present on a battlefield during WW2. It's hard to know exactly how many people were exposed without getting symptoms or getting tested.

Maybe. But those voters who thought he was a complete douchebag before January 22, 2020 would have seen him as a man who empathized with what was happening and took action.
They would have voted for him. At least enough to make a difference in his re-election.
I doubt it. But of course, we'll never know.

And 2024 is a moot point. The only certainty is that a populist isn't going to win.

BS

Cool - shoot dog! Hit me with all the “questionable findings” :icon_rolleyes:
Fact is, nearly all experts in the field of virology estimate COVID mortality in US to be UNDERestimated by minimally 20%
Go lick a few door handles at your local mall and don’t vax to prove to us what a tough guy you are!

Forum List

Back