Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

So sorry to hear that you are ignoring god.

I follow the dictates of my God more than you do yours.

Not too surprising as your God wants to be emulated and he is a baby torturer and murderer.

You do not want to face that fact and thus call evil good.

Regards
DL

Wow an internet theist who made up his own God!

Raise your hands all y'all who NEVER EVER saw an internet theist make up his own God and then, for some unknown reason, attempt to pound Christians to dust. (extra points for "baby torturer and murderer").

For some reason these folks never ask themselves why they aren't so eager to confront, say, Islam with the same charge

View attachment 206597

First. What is almost a signature for me these days.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

The Theft of Our Values - Top Documentary Films

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes.

Do you agree?

Second.

Do you really need me to point to all the baby murdering and torturing cases. I easily can.

So tell us what you find so adorable in your genocidal son murderer that has you ignoring all of his crimes against humanity?

Please, as most of you Christians just run away from telling us.

Regards
DL

This is boring. The "genocidal son murderer" does not in the least offend me, I've just read it a thousand times if I've read it once. Insert every single rolled eye GIF you can imagine here; I won't go to the trouble.

Be original. Also, the self-righteousness is quite off-putting. For example, how you sneeringly imagine I've never read the Bible and couldn't POSSIBLY imagine what you mean by God being, you know, God. And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.

God is right, right or wrong, to those whose moral sense has been corrupted.

You are the boring one since you cannot answer simple question.

Tell us what you find so adorable in your genocidal son murderer that has you ignoring all of his crimes against humanity?

Regards
DL

What does typing that out again do for you, or what do you suppose it does for me?

No. Cancers, hunger, child abuse . . . all human acts or causalities of human behavior, not divine ones. Mankind must take responsibility for his own actions, and the subsequent consequences--not blame them on God. Do you blame your parents for the consequences of your own actions?

Then what is the purpose of worshipping God if ain't doing shit for humanity?

Stop worshiping the Gods of smart devices, social media and purely intellectual moral relativism--they are all graven images created by and proselytized to men by men. Stop blaming God for the consequences of human behavior, and submit your outrage over human darkness to the Son who always forgives. God has done much for humanity simply in giving him a place at the starting line of life. What we do after beginning the race is on us. Personal responsibility is the only path to the Logos within and without.

I worship no one or nothing.

What you're saying, goes against religious ideology. According to all three Abrahamic faiths, everything is decreed for us before we're even born, by God. So how can we have personal responsibility for something that was decreed for us already?

You would love to ride that wave of no consequence for action wouldn't you. Why, you could commit any crime against self or society with that philosophy, without tear if guilt. Personal responsibility is all we have. That and the consequences of our own actions. What you're referring to is the recent God of moral relativism. Something entirely different. Try not to be such a nihilist; their lives almost always grind down to a halt . . . like the Tin man run out of oil.

I take full responsibility for my actions. I don't believe in a sky daddy so I believe human beings are 100% responsible for their actions.

But if you believe in a God and faith, you aren't 100% in control of actions. Especially if you believe in one or the Abramhamic fictional trilogy

You must then ask yourself, "from where does my sense of right and wrong derive?"

Do you believe the source of your own most deeply held moral fact/foundation comes from within or without? From parents' example or is just known to you? If the answer is instinct, species programming over eons, and consciousness, then why use those tools of sentience coexist with other human beings and not try to destroy them or yourself? Why continue to exist at all? Can you identify why it is 'good' to love and not 'good' to hate and harm? Do you think 'good' is simply good because you were born knowing what was good? Or because someone taught you the difference between good and bad? But where did the teacher learn the difference? And his teacher and the one before and the one even before him?

Fear of belief in God is self limiting. Why does one feel guilt or fear when doing wrong? What force if not a metaphysical one within you holds you accountable for doing what you perceive as wrong? Personal responsibility? Yes? Now, are you arrogant enough to believe in omnipotent autonomy of your own sense of right and wrong from birth? Or can you yet see a much higher than individual human force at work here?

God bestowed free will. Man created the infrastructure of rite and ritual to venerate and perhaps serve the giver of the free will gift. That is the structure of religion you seem to loathe. The Logos is a as living an organism within us as the cells reproducing in any part of our physical form. Scientists may have explained chemical reactions, but have they explained ideas? Have they physically weighed and measure an idea, a concept, an abstract embodiment of something physical? What about the process by which we humans have an idea and then build its replica in the physical? At what point does clinical psychology meld with the purely inexplicable?

Simply being is knowing. Doing right rather than wrong is worshipping and heeding the part of the Logos within us--a celebration of free will used to good, not for fear of consequence, but because of something higher, out of sight, inherent within us from the beginning. Understanding consequence of misusing free will for acts outside of self is a step toward understanding the Divine. The Divine is the face unseen of something we are aware of from birth, but fear in the way cattle fear the smell of lightning on the wind. All science is at once a grand narrative of disproving that unseen face while at the same time an ages spanning effort to explain it and prove it.

I follow the dictates of my God more than you do yours.

Not too surprising as your God wants to be emulated and he is a baby torturer and murderer.

You do not want to face that fact and thus call evil good.

Regards
DL

Wow an internet theist who made up his own God!

Raise your hands all y'all who NEVER EVER saw an internet theist make up his own God and then, for some unknown reason, attempt to pound Christians to dust. (extra points for "baby torturer and murderer").

For some reason these folks never ask themselves why they aren't so eager to confront, say, Islam with the same charge

View attachment 206597

First. What is almost a signature for me these days.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

The Theft of Our Values - Top Documentary Films

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes.

Do you agree?

Second.

Do you really need me to point to all the baby murdering and torturing cases. I easily can.

So tell us what you find so adorable in your genocidal son murderer that has you ignoring all of his crimes against humanity?

Please, as most of you Christians just run away from telling us.

Regards
DL

This is boring. The "genocidal son murderer" does not in the least offend me, I've just read it a thousand times if I've read it once. Insert every single rolled eye GIF you can imagine here; I won't go to the trouble.

Be original. Also, the self-righteousness is quite off-putting. For example, how you sneeringly imagine I've never read the Bible and couldn't POSSIBLY imagine what you mean by God being, you know, God. And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.

God is right, right or wrong, to those whose moral sense has been corrupted.

You are the boring one since you cannot answer simple question.

Tell us what you find so adorable in your genocidal son murderer that has you ignoring all of his crimes against humanity?

Regards
DL

What does typing that out again do for you, or what do you suppose it does for me?

For you. Nothing. You are too far gone to care about morality.

Lurkers see your replies and that works to show how your religion has corrupted your morals and that does my work of discrediting your religion for me.

The more you say, the more people will see the damage done to you by your right wing fundamental religion.

That is the reason why I bother with your immoral thinking ilk who do not condemn genocide and baby torturing and killing.

Regards
DL

It can find its laws and policies based on whatever the voters decide.
Also 100% wrong, as the legislature passes the laws, the executive branch signs them, and the SCOTUS decides the constitutionality of them.

Yes--the voters choose the legislature, choose the executive branch, and the executive chooses the SCOTUS. Gov't "of the people, by the people and for the people". That's the idea.
But they do not write or choose the laws. And that's tue idea behind a republic. A secular, democtratic republic is what we have. And again...thank goodness.

They choose the representatives however. And if, say, the representatives want to vote with their moral consciences in mind, the Constitution cannot require them to check it at the door. That's the First Amendment right to freedom.
And yet not one shred of their magical beliefs will be codified into those laws, regardless of whether or not they claim their houseplants talk to them.

Therefore, secular laws.

And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.

I started an O.P. on this. Care to try to justify your word to those who will disagree with you?

Is it God’s right to kill us whenever he sees fit?

Here is a copy.

Is it God’s right to kill us whenever he sees fit?

“And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.”

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/do-you-think-it-odd-that-your-god-never-acknowledges-you-is-that-rude.698104/page-17#post-20430365

SweetSue92 gave me this reply but I have hear many Christians echo this thinking which basically says that the law maker does not need to follow the law he dictates for the rest of us. I paraphrase, do as I say and not as I do.

This was in response to our chatting about the many times, as in the genocide of Noah’s day, the murder of Egypt’s first born and the 6 day torture of King David’s baby, all because God was angry with the parents. God kills us when he could just as easily cure us and picks the innocent to kill instead of the guilty.

Is do as I say and not as I do moral or immoral thinking?

Regards
DL

It can find its laws and policies based on whatever the voters decide.
Also 100% wrong, as the legislature passes the laws, the executive branch signs them, and the SCOTUS decides the constitutionality of them.

Yes--the voters choose the legislature, choose the executive branch, and the executive chooses the SCOTUS. Gov't "of the people, by the people and for the people". That's the idea.
But they do not write or choose the laws. And that's tue idea behind a republic. A secular, democtratic republic is what we have. And again...thank goodness.

They choose the representatives however. And if, say, the representatives want to vote with their moral consciences in mind, the Constitution cannot require them to check it at the door. That's the First Amendment right to freedom.
And yet not one shred of their magical beliefs will be codified into those laws, regardless of whether or not they claim their houseplants talk to them.

Therefore, secular laws.

If you mean the gov't cannot force you to pray three times a day, you are exactly right. That inhibits YOUR freedom of religion--the gov't cannot force you to do that. But if you mean than an individual representative cannot vote for any bills which support taxpayers paying for abortions because that violates HIS religious freedom, you are wrong. If his constituents don't like his stance, they have a democratic solution--they can vote him out.

But if you mean than an individual representative cannot vote for any bills which support taxpayers paying for abortions because that violates HIS religious freedom, you are wrong.
Correct t, any person can do that. But if that's the argument given,that person should be shamed out of government. Of course, we live in a world where religious nonsense still permeates nearly everything, so that's far off in the future.

We all have a God. I say that in the broader sense of the word, as God is an ideal you have created for yourself. From atheism to fundamental, you will, in that sense, have a God/Ideal, be God your God natural or supernatural.

God/ideals can only be exhibited or expressed through a person.

We all give plenty to our Gods and their human mouth pieces, --- mostly false prophets if the bible speaks the truth, --- yet God never acknowledges what you do for him or her.

I, as a Gnostic Christian clergy, self-appointed (as is fit), has been acknowledged and do not include myself in the “you” of the opening question.

Why does God not acknowledge all but the few?

Why are you, of the supernatural God type, a cash cow and devoted slave to what amounts to a deadbeat parent and absentee God and his less than moral religion thanks to lying clergy?

You love God but the lack of acknowledgement from God shows that God does not love you back. That means that it is not a true love. This is in accordance to the standard that Jesus set. It is a shame that the Jesus followers, Christians and Muslims, will not do as he bids them do, as was the Jewish tradition of archetypal prophets, and elect a new God that might return your love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YB4J-keW3A

Can you forgive a rude God?

Regards
DL

I was enjoying the read up until the inevitable shot across the bow and following shrapnel with raining seawater.

God, for the truly faithful, acknowledges us daily. What you claim to lack, but also know by virtue of your existence and the sun dally shining on your face, is interpretation of that divine acknowledgement. Come now, fellow poster, you're simply another who asks us, the faithful, to reaffirm your long held belief: that God is there for you and that despite your disillusionment of the moment, always will be.

A nice attempt nonetheless.
Even me, an atheist, sometimes thanks whatever it is that created the multiverses

My God does recognize me. He gave me the opportunity to have immortality and eternal life. He loved me so much that he died for me. He answers many of my prayers. I feel his spirit often in my life. I am very happy with my relationship with my God. My God consists of God the Eternal Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Blessed be the name of my God forever and ever.

We all have a God. I say that in the broader sense of the word, as God is an ideal you have created for yourself. From atheism to fundamental, you will, in that sense, have a God/Ideal, be God your God natural or supernatural.

We all give plenty to our Gods and their human mouth pieces, --- mostly false prophets if the bible speaks the truth, --- yet God never acknowledges what you do for him or her.

I, as a Gnostic Christian clergy, self-appointed (as is fit), has been acknowledged and do not include myself in the “you” of the opening question.

Why are you, of the supernatural God type, a cash cow and devoted slave to what amounts to a deadbeat parent and absentee God and his less than moral religion thanks to lying clergy?

You love God but the lack of acknowledgement from God shows that God does not love you back. That means that it is not a true love. This is in accordance to the standard that Jesus set. It is a shame that the Jesus followers, Christians and Muslims, will not do as he bids them do, as was the Jewish tradition of archetypal prophets, and elect a new God that might return your love.

Regards
DL
Again your premise is flawed.

God reveals Himself to anyone who honestly and sincerely seeks Him. And He blesses those that follow Him.

If you don’t feel acknowledged by God , pay attention and listen

God reveals Himself to anyone who honestly and sincerely seeks Him. And He blesses those that follow Him.

If you don’t feel acknowledged by God , pay attention and listen
So nobody who follows your god ever gets cancer? Or is that a blessing as well?

Regards
DL

You keep saying that like the dimwit you are without showing the flaw.

Are you that hard up for a mail entry? Is that how you measure your worth?

How pitiful.

Regards
DL

My God does recognize me. He gave me the opportunity to have immortality and eternal life. He loved me so much that he died for me. He answers many of my prayers. I feel his spirit often in my life. I am very happy with my relationship with my God. My God consists of God the Eternal Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Blessed be the name of my God forever and ever.

Faith based B.S. from your book of myths.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

How pitiful.

Regards
DL
Your flaw is that you don't believe God exists so you can't believe God is responsible.

Your error is arguing that God is responsible for actions of man. God may have wound the clock up and set the ball in motion but what happened after that is all on man.

You aren't very good at hiding your atheism. Most militant atheists aren't.

Regards
DL

How pitiful.

Regards
DL
Your flaw is that you don't believe God exists so you can't believe God is responsible.

Your error is arguing that God is responsible for actions of man. God may have wound the clock up and set the ball in motion but what happened after that is all on man.

To your first. A logical conclusion is not a flaw. To think so is not too bright. As to a supernatural God existing, to believe in such without evidence is stupid so thanks for recognizing that I am not stupid. Those who believe without evidence, to me, are stupid and possibly delusional. A typical sheeple. As to Gods in general, sure there are Gods. They are human ideals of archetypes such as what some think Jesus was.

Your second. If the Christian God exists and the dogma believed, then of course God id responsible for what his creations do as they can only follow the natures said God put in them.

To your last. Thanks for thinking me brilliant but I am a Gnostic Christian whether you want me to be or not. To mislabel me is uncouth on your part. That is your flaw and not mine.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

How pitiful.

Regards
DL

To your first. A logical conclusion is not a flaw. To think so is not too bright. As to a supernatural God existing, to believe in such without evidence is stupid so thanks for recognizing that I am not stupid. Those who believe without evidence, to me, are stupid and possibly delusional. A typical sheeple. As to Gods in general, sure there are Gods. They are human ideals of archetypes such as what some think Jesus was.

Your second. If the Christian God exists and the dogma believed, then of course God id responsible for what his creations do as they can only follow the natures said God put in them.

To your last. Thanks for thinking me brilliant but I am a Gnostic Christian whether you want me to be or not. To mislabel me is uncouth on your part. That is your flaw and not mine.

Regards
DL
1. But there is tons of evidence. Everything he created and how it evolved is the evidence you are seeking.

2. You just admitted that your argument is a logical fallacy.

3. God does exist. He isn't a Christian God. He is the creator of space, time and existence.

4. Only a person with an external locus of control would blame someone else for their failures. We are all grown ups here who are responsible and accountable for their actions.

5. Instead of seeing the glass as half full try looking at the full glass. Because if you are going to blame God for all of the bad, don't you think you should credit him for all the good. That is if you believed he existed, which you don't.

Regards
DL

How pitiful.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
1. But there is tons of evidence. Everything he created and how it evolved is the evidence you are seeking.

2. You just admitted that your argument is a logical fallacy.

3. God does exist. He isn't a Christian God. He is the creator of space, time and existence.

4. Only a person with an external locus of control would blame someone else for their failures. We are all grown ups here who are responsible and accountable for their actions.

5. Instead of seeing the glass as half full try looking at the full glass. Because if you are going to blame God for all of the bad, don't you think you should credit him for all the good. That is if you believed he existed, which you don't.

I. A faith based belief in a supernatural creator is for dummies and the deluded. Reality is proof of reality and nature. Not of your genocidal prick of a God.

2. B.S. Because you do not understand something does not make it wrong.

3. Liar. get the proof.

4. Christians do not take responsibility for their actions as they plan to ride their scapegoat Jesus who takes their responsibility to his death. Sort of death as he did not stay dead and that means there was really no sacrifice.

5. I do not see the glass you do. My eyes are not on a genocidal son murdering prick that I somehow see as good.

This is likely my last to you unless you wish to try to justify all the murders of the innocent babies and children God is shown to do in scriptures.

Lets get to the bottom line of your morals or thanks for the chat.

Regards
DL

I. A faith based belief in a supernatural creator is for dummies and the deluded. Reality is proof of reality and nature. Not of your genocidal prick of a God.
Wrong. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. Man has always worshiped God because we were made to worship God. Belief in a God offers functional advantages and that is why belief in God has persisted throughout the history of mankind.

You call God a genocidal prick because you lack complete knowledge. Often times ignorance is insolent. This is especially true for ignorance that thinks it knows.

2. B.S. Because you do not understand something does not make it wrong.

It does when you have not made an objective assessment. For example, you blame God - even though you don't really believe he exists which means you know it is not God's fault - for everything which is bad, but you fail to credit God for everything which is good. This means you have never performed an objective assessment. You are literally practicing critical theory which is the cultural marxist practice of criticizing what you don't believe to arrive at what you do believe without ever having to examine what you do believe. You confuse this for critical thinking which is the practice of challenging what you do believe to test its validity. Something you have not done.

3. Liar. get the proof.
The proof that God is the creator of space and time and existence is through logic. The only solution to the first cause is something which is eternal and unchanging. For any given thing there is a final state of fact or objective truth or reality. Once discovered it is known that it was always that way and will always be that way. In other words, the final state of fact or objective truth or reality is eternal and unchanging. This we know as God. Ergo God is existence.

4. Christians do not take responsibility for their actions as they plan to ride their scapegoat Jesus who takes their responsibility to his death. Sort of death as he did not stay dead and that means there was really no sacrifice.
Not true. In fact it is exactly the opposite. Jesus taught that we should not rationalize our bad behaviors. That we should own our bad behaviors. To do that we must die to self to see objective truth about ourselves so that we can change. He taught that change is possible. The Bible is full of words that tell us that change is possible. The point of his teaching is that we need to become the best versions of ourselves that we can be. To do that we must acknowledge our flaws because we can't fix what we don't acknowledge is broken.

See? You don't really understand jack shit about our faith.

5. I do not see the glass you do. My eyes are not on a genocidal son murdering prick that I somehow see as good.
You are not objective because you are on a mission to subordinate religion. You are a marxist.

This is likely my last to you unless you wish to try to justify all the murders of the innocent babies and children God is shown to do in scriptures.

Lets get to the bottom line of your morals or thanks for the chat.

Do what you need to do. I will counter your BS at every opportunity. :smile:

Forum List

Back