Do you think Clinton should take some responsibility for Oklahoma city bombing.

Gunny, you can use law enforcement, but the tactics used by them were inexcusable.

Law enforcement is responsible for the deaths of those innocent men, women, and children.

This stuff about radio is all bullshit. McVeigh and Nichols made a choice.

If they got ideas from the partisan echo chamber, it was still their choice to seek it out and twist it into their plan. Radios and tvs have a dial. They have off switches. And those voices coming out of them don't force anybody to listen to them or to kill people. I can't stand the whole talk radio thing myself, I think some of it is sickening. But then I choose to locate that dial thingy and use it. Problem solved.

The person who pulls the trigger is the only one to blame. End of story.

I have always found it interesting that talk radio helped start the violence in Rwanda. ;)

Am I the only one who thinks Clinton should take a lot of responsiblity for the Oklahoma city bombing? I know McVeigh was pissed off at the government and he was crazy but what was he pissed off at? He was pissed off at what happen at Waco so should the president take some responsibility for his screw up because if he did not murder all those children then McVeigh would not have flipped out.

He spent his whole fricken life blaming talk radio for making people mad but when you examine the reason why McViegh was mad it seems to point not at talk radio but the incompetene of his administration over the handling of Waco.

Bush Sr is responsible for Ruby Ridge. Clinton is responsible for Waco. I can't think of a single reason they shouldn't have both been impeached and sent to prison for the rest of their lives for allowing the federal government to wage war against the people. If you want a reason McVeigh and Nichols did what they did, that's it.

Clinton now wants to use McVeigh to paint the Tea Party is the worst possible light. But no mention of Ayers and Kaczynski when Bush Jr was called a war criminal? Code Pink not an issue but Tea Parties are? Why the double standard?

It's no coincidence that Clinton wants the Tea Party folks to be careful about what they say. What the left wants today is what they always want...silence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWHgUE9AD4s]YouTube - Klavan On The Culture[/ame]

Randy Weaver is responsible for Ruby Ridge, he should have showed in court, and she should have surrendered. YOu guys are pretty much saying anyone who has warrant for their arrest has the right to not turn themselves in, or be arrested.

Gunny, you can use law enforcement, but the tactics used by them were inexcusable.

Law enforcement is responsible for the deaths of those innocent men, women, and children.

David Koresh is responsible for the deaths of ANYONE in that compound. Law enforcement, by definition, was merely attempting to enforce the law.

This stuff about radio is all bullshit. McVeigh and Nichols made a choice.

If they got ideas from the partisan echo chamber, it was still their choice to seek it out and twist it into their plan. Radios and tvs have a dial. They have off switches. And those voices coming out of them don't force anybody to listen to them or to kill people. I can't stand the whole talk radio thing myself, I think some of it is sickening. But then I choose to locate that dial thingy and use it. Problem solved.

The person who pulls the trigger is the only one to blame. End of story.

I have always found it interesting that talk radio helped start the violence in Rwanda. ;)

Rwanda was a much different situation, Lu. ;)

There it was a political propaganda campaign by the widow of an ex-President and her supporters in the party losing power under the 1993 accords. They chose radio, effectively the only source of information available to most of the country, to play on an already tense relationship between warring tribes in a nation whose culture revolved around tribal identification and occasional warfare in order to try to foment chaos to overturn the Accords and keep the reins.

The Rwandans were also by and large much less sophisticated and educated than the US population. They hadn't been indundated with media for most of a century and weren't as skeptical of its claims. The Hutus were told it was kill or be killed, that the Tutsis were planning to annhilate them. So they took up arms and annihilated the Tutsis instead, most of them believing it was in self-defense rather than fighting to keep the old junta in power.

I see your point, but context matters.

Check this out with some good information on Rwandan media and genocide:

MIGS: Occasional Paper Series: RADIO PROPAGANDA AND GENOCIDE

Am I the only one who thinks Clinton should take a lot of responsiblity for the Oklahoma city bombing? I know McVeigh was pissed off at the government and he was crazy but what was he pissed off at? He was pissed off at what happen at Waco so should the president take some responsibility for his screw up because if he did not murder all those children then McVeigh would not have flipped out.

He spent his whole fricken life blaming talk radio for making people mad but when you examine the reason why McViegh was mad it seems to point not at talk radio but the incompetene of his administration over the handling of Waco.

Why should Clinton take responsibility for the behavior of a militant anarchist with a screw loose?

Janet Reno mishandled Waco. If it was mishandled. You don't get to set up your own little country within a country here in the US, and we KNOW that from childhood. Koresh was as fucked in the head as McVeigh. He left the Feds NO choice.

Law enforcement is internal and falls on the Attorney General.

If you want to blame Clinton for something, please choose something he actually did.
Chatter out in the ether is that Dick Morris rolled over and stated unequivocally that Bubba did order the final invasion that ended up killing dozens of innocents. He further said that the only reason Reno got a second term was to shut her up about his role in the debacle.

In any case, the original raid was nothing more than a grotesque PR show of force stunt for the media, in order to show that the ATF (which was going to get absorbed and rolled into the FBI) really did have a use as a separate federal police squad....Koresh could've been inconspicuously picked at virtually any time by county deputies.

This production is particularly instructive of the Waco travesty:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_6vrep7k9g]YouTube - Waco:Rules of Engagement Part 1[/ame]

Forum List

Back