Do You Talk To Yourself?

I do when I read your posts

View attachment 65574

I'm sorry - I'm so stream of consciousness!

I just started a print job, but, didn't put the cable in my lap top, and I said, out loud (with no one home) - "Stupid Idiot" ...
So I posted it on here....

I never said I was normal....
Thats pretty normal. Most people are trained to use negative self talk from childhood.

I wonder why only negative.
I never say "I rule" - well only when I get the final answer in Jeopardy and no one else does... ;)
Conditioned response. Most of what you hear about yourself is negative from other people. If you do right no one says much but if you do wrong multiple people will let you know about it. I read somewhere you hear the word "no" or "dont" about 4 times more than you hear the word "yes" thousands of times before you can even talk. Some of that cant be avoided for safety reasons but I made an effort to praise my kids for everything they did right no matter how expected it was and even made up situations so they could succeed.

Like most things in life: balance

But it takes concerted effort. i was sure to be honest about both the good and bad with my kids. I don't understand parents that think the have to NEVER be negative with their kids.

Some of the very best conversations I have ever had have been with myself or at least with the other vices in my head

Everyone talks to themselves in their head. But out loud.. probably at times.
I mean, I don't say actual sentences. Mostly just quips. Shut up. Dummy. What A Moron. What's This Doing Here?

I do when I read your posts

View attachment 65574

I'm sorry - I'm so stream of consciousness!

I just started a print job, but, didn't put the cable in my lap top, and I said, out loud (with no one home) - "Stupid Idiot" ...
So I posted it on here....

I never said I was normal....
Thats pretty normal. Most people are trained to use negative self talk from childhood.

I wonder why only negative.
I never say "I rule" - well only when I get the final answer in Jeopardy and no one else does... ;)
Conditioned response. Most of what you hear about yourself is negative from other people. If you do right no one says much but if you do wrong multiple people will let you know about it. I read somewhere you hear the word "no" or "dont" about 4 times more than you hear the word "yes" thousands of times before you can even talk. Some of that cant be avoided for safety reasons but I made an effort to praise my kids for everything they did right no matter how expected it was and even made up situations so they could succeed.

Like most things in life: balance

But it takes concerted effort. i was sure to be honest about both the good and bad with my kids. I don't understand parents that think the have to NEVER be negative with their kids.
Yeah. I dont get that either. I guess its better always being positive than always being negative. I think you can set kids up for massive failure if there is absolutely no negative though. You have to set boundaries.

I keep forgetting, awesome selfie there Bonzi.

yeah I like it. May keep this one for a while.... Thank you!
Is that you standing?

No, but the size is about right
Mmmm. Not bad. :wink_2:

I didn't choose that pic for that reason though, it was more like she's kinda teasing the guy - or at least that is how I view it....
I bet that guy is just full of positive self talk while she is teasing him. :laugh:

yeah I like it. May keep this one for a while.... Thank you!
Is that you standing?

No, but the size is about right
Mmmm. Not bad. :wink_2:

I didn't choose that pic for that reason though, it was more like she's kinda teasing the guy - or at least that is how I view it....
I bet that guy is just full of positive self talk while she is teasing him. :laugh:

more like please oh please oh please....

I talk to myself. Sometimes it is awkward, though, as I am prone to getting sexually aggressive with my comments.

The bigger question is do you answer yourself!

Forum List

Back