Do you still believe FOX NEWS?--in light of the Nunes memo release

Do you still believe Sean Hannity and the other right wing talk show hosts on FOX NEWS

• yes

• no

• sometimes

• all of the time

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you still believe Sean Hannity
"Still?" I don't think I've ever, at his word, believed him.

As go matters I've researched rigorously/objectively and it happens that he's uttered remarks that coincide with what my research has revealed and for which there is no positive refutation of it, I agree with his specific remarks on those matters. For me, Hannity, along with the Fox and Friends crew and Donald Trump, is one of the individuals for whom the saying "trust, but verify" is tailor made.

One poster kindly suggested that I could get impartial news reporting on the Web.

I am sure that the poster is right.

But there is one problem: I am a (very) senior citizen.

The word "press" (not "media") means only two things to me: PRINT newspapers and TV news shows.

I will never forget a scene in that popular TV crime show "Criminal Minds."

Character No. 1: I am very sorry that many small-town newspapers are out of business..
Character No. 2: They are now online.
Character No. 1: Same thing!

i still subscribe to my local printed newspaper. i suggest subscribing to & having delivered (if you can afford it) either the NYT or the WSJ. There is no difference between the two as far as factual news. it's the opinion page that either leans left (NYT) or right (WSJ)

Rachel Maddow had this one DEBUNKED last week, releasing what FOX NEWS, Sean Hannity, Devin Nunes was up too. Carter Page has had a FISA warrant on him since 2013. She has the documents in hand to prove it.

have you ever noticed that trump will go after network news or their stations & reporters/anchors EXCEPT for rachel maddow? has he ever brought her name up & 'fake news' in the same sentence? i can't ever recall that. that makes me think that her & the team of reporters she has are factually accurate.

Talk show hosts and partisan pundits have zero credibility, none, nada.

In their own style, they all do the same thing: Concentrate on that which supports their agenda, while ignoring/avoiding/minimizing/distorting that which does not.

Do we not all know this? Really?
People find it helpful when folks who are really informed about a subject can discuss what is going on in the news. What is happening lately, though, is that people are apparently offended that these "experts" have a bias. Everyone has a bias. It's not lying, it's presenting a perspective. Sift through it. Is that really so hard for people to cope with? I'm not sure what all this screeching about "fake news" is about. It seems to me it is mostly complaining that someone who doesn't agree with them is allowed on the airwaves.
Well, "fake news" is essentially "stuff I don't like" at this point. And remember, the term actually began as a description of sites like Breitbart and Alex Jones and WND, but it was usurped by Trump and his bully pulpit.

We disagree on the purpose of a newscast. I want to know as much of the story as I can, and I'll develop my own perspective and opinions. I was in the business for 18 years, and I was trained to deliver straight news, to respect the ability of the consumer to draw their own conclusions.

Once news becomes advocacy, it's worthless to me. I don't give a shit about their opinions, or their personal version of The Truth.

back in the day, a station's news dept was a separate entity with its own budget not coming from advertising revenue. now it's all tied up together & why certain stories aren't reported or gone into depth because of who is signing the check.

Thanks for the Cheeseburger video - Absolutely PRICELESS :D

I watch Shep Smith and Chris Wallace on Fox .. that's the beginning and the end of it.

The rest of 'em suck donkey dong

Fox does have real news but the massive amounts of propaganda is off-putting.

FOX NEWS lines their network with political soap box opera's. Sean Hannity, the Five, Fox & Friends, and 2 or 3 other right wing talk show programs, that overwhelm the REAL news reported there.

As we can see the right wingers on this board don't know a lot about anything, because they skip over the journalists on that network, to watch the cough--cough (news that they want to hear.)

Even after the Nune's memo blew up in their faces--Sean Hannity stated it was the worst encrochment of the Justice Department & FBI---:badgrin: And that's what they'll be talking about until they can manufacture another one.

The post doesn't make sense unless you consider Alinsky's "rules for radicals". A glance at Fox ratings will tell you that the MSNBC clowns and angry CNN are so far down in the ratings that it seems that only the crazy and the angry and the border line psychotics watch them.

FOX NEWS lines their network with political soap box opera's. Sean Hannity, the Five, Fox & Friends, and 2 or 3 other right wing talk show programs, that overwhelm the REAL news reported there.

As we can see the right wingers on this board don't know a lot about anything, because they skip over the journalists on that network, to watch the cough--cough (news that they want to hear.)

Even after the Nune's memo blew up in their faces--Sean Hannity stated it was the worst encrochment of the Justice Department & FBI---:badgrin: And that's what they'll be talking about until they can manufacture another one.
I don't agree with putting The Five in the same basket with Sean Hannity. Juan Williams gives the "left's" (moderate) opinion and Dana Perino brings them all back to earth with her common sense/ignore the partisan stuff perspective. Gutfeld is a guy who thinks he's funny. Kim is vying to be Trump's Press Secretary, her mouth is so full of his praise. Jessie is a smart ass conservative who will follow his party no matter what. It makes for an interesting discussion, in my mind. Hannity is not only one-sided, the reality is sometimes totally twisted. I don't think the two shows should be lumped together.

People on Facebook are deleting their Fox News memo hype threads.. question is will the 2nd memo even make the light of day...#Bogus

:dig:

People using Facebook are common variety idiots.

My opinion.
I still use it. And I believe everything on it too.;)
My daughter who loves Trump is on it, my son who loves Bernie Sanders is on it and my son who loves Trump is on it.

I don't agree with putting The Five in the same basket with Sean Hannity. Juan Williams gives the "left's" (moderate) opinion and Dana Perino brings them all back to earth with her common sense/ignore the partisan stuff perspective. Gutfeld is a guy who thinks he's funny. Kim is vying to be Trump's Press Secretary, her mouth is so full of his praise. Jessie is a smart ass conservative who will follow his party no matter what. It makes for an interesting discussion, in my mind. Hannity is not only one-sided, the reality is sometimes totally twisted. I don't think the two shows should be lumped together.

It's very clear that FOX NEWS--is just an arm of the Trump administration. In fact, journalists have often accused Trump and his press secretaries of quoting Sean Hannity. Hannity goes out to dinner with Trump a lot--and he is one of his top political advisers.

FOX NEWS leads with a story and Trump follows. According to Michael Wolff's "fire & fury" Trump has set up 4 televisions in his bedroom in the White House to see what is being said about him each day.

conservative-media-cover-edit.png

Here is a great article that everyone should spend 20 minutes reading, so they never make the same mistake again.
Donald Trump broke the conservative media

FOX NEWS has brainwashed their audience into believing that all other media sources are FAKE. So they basically have their audience in LOCK DOWN, and are now taking advantage. In essense, by insulting their intelligence on a daily basis with all of these conspiracy theories--that have been DEBUNKED. Their audience continually comes back for more, and FOX NEWS knows they'll be back for more. They can manufacture anything they want to, and spout it off for a few weeks, when that one gets trashed, they're going to fabricate another one, etc. etc.

Last edited:

It's very clear that FOX NEWS--is just an arm of the Trump administration. In fact, journalists have often accused Trump and his press secretaries of quoting Sean Hannity. Hannity goes out to dinner with Trump a lot--and he is one of his top political advisers.

FOX NEWS leads with a story and Trump follows. According to Michael Wolff's "fire & fury" Trump has set up 4 televisions in his bedroom in the White House to see what is being said about him each day.

Here is a great article that everyone should spend 20 minutes reading, so they never make the same mistake again.

FOX NEWS has brainwashed their audience into believing that all other media sources are FAKE. So they basically have their audience in LOCK DOWN, and are now taking advantage. In essense, by insulting their intelligence on a daily basis with all of these conspiracy theories--that have been DEBUNKED. Their audience continually comes back for more, and FOX NEWS knows they'll be back for more. They can manufacture anything they want to, and spout it off for a few weeks, when that one gets trashed, they're going to fabricate another one, etc. etc.
Other media has done a pretty good job of brainwashing folks that Trump can do nothing right and that Fox is pure lying propaganda. I find it helpful to listen to some Fox now and then (never Hannity or O'Reilly or Carlson or Judge Piro or any of that ilk) because I want to understand both perspectives. Yes, it's laughable how much they champion the Pres, but they are a conservative news organization and that is what they believe.

Other media has done a pretty good job of brainwashing folks that Trump can do nothing right and that Fox is pure lying propaganda. I find it helpful to listen to some Fox now and then (never Hannity or O'Reilly or Carlson or Judge Piro or any of that ilk) because I want to understand both perspectives. Yes, it's laughable how much they champion the Pres, but they are a conservative news organization and that is what they believe.

Every channel has there own bias--that's true. The only network news that doesn't is The nightly news hour on PBS--and I like Vice News on HBO.

But I would have never believed that a major cable news network, FOX NEWS would have promoted so many lies and distortions to keep their right wing audience's intact.

Again it's because they have their audience in LOCK DOWN--with them brainwashing their audience into believing that all other news sources are FAKE news.

At this point in time they are able to concoct any conspiracy they want too, knowing that they have a loyal base that will put up with it, and not even fact check their information. They are basically insulting the integrity and intelligence of their audience on a daily basis, and their viewers don't even realise it.

ows_142188602557175.jpg

Last edited:
FOX NEWS has been loaded to the gills with conspiracy theories throughout the last 1-1/2 years. Everything from--it wasn't Russia that hacked into DNC databases--it was some DNC staffer Seth Rich that did that. That then went into promoting a known intelligence enemy of this nation (Julian Assange) Wikileaks founder. That then went into Uranium One which was also completely debunked--to we need to get rid of "corrupt Robert Mueller" even after the Nune's memo release--that was a yuuuuuge flop.

I am not bashing their real journalists like Shep Smith, Brit Hume, Chris Wallace on this network, but they are completely surrounded by these political soap box operas--that most Republicans watch.

This recent incident over Nune's memo's was supposed to be it. This would be the end of the Russian investigation, showing corruption all the way through the FBI and the Justice Department--Rod Rosenstein would be fired, and along with him, Robert Mueller. It did the exact opposite.

This was FOX NEWS reporting on the placement of cheese on cheeseburgers--the very moment that every other network was reporting on 2 Federal Grand Jury indictments and 1 guilty plea.

FOX NEWS journalists threatened to quit over that.

Uranium One being completely DEBUNKED by Shep Smith.

One correction...

Brit Hume isn't a journalist. At least not as it pertains to his current position at the network.

He's a hack and a shill for the Republican party.

I have NO choice but to watch FOX NEWS.

I cannot bear to turn on CNN or MSNBC because their "dislike" of President Trump has driven them to the edge of insanity -- in my opinion.

Yes, FOX NEWS talking heads are too cocksure about everything, but they are no worse than liberal talking heads.

(P.S. I DO miss watching Ms. Maddow's program. Her voice is unique. And she SEEMS so sincere. And her show IS entertaining! In some strange way that I cannot describe, she does not come across so obnoxious as other MSNBC talking heads.)
For a while I've suspected that Maddow is perhaps watched by as many self-proclaimed conservatives as liberals, if not by more.

I don't watch her. Not that I dislike her, but I prefer many of the other hosts to her. I used to back in the day, but I outgrown her. Every now and then I tune in for 5 minutes if she's really uncovering an important topic, but that's about it.

I respect her journalism though, she was trained by one of the best.

FOX NEWS has been loaded to the gills with conspiracy theories throughout the last 1-1/2 years. Everything from--it wasn't Russia that hacked into DNC databases--it was some DNC staffer Seth Rich that did that. That then went into promoting a known intelligence enemy of this nation (Julian Assange) Wikileaks founder. That then went into Uranium One which was also completely debunked--to we need to get rid of "corrupt Robert Mueller" even after the Nune's memo release--that was a yuuuuuge flop.

I am not bashing their real journalists like Shep Smith, Brit Hume, Chris Wallace on this network, but they are completely surrounded by these political soap box operas--that most Republicans watch.

This recent incident over Nune's memo's was supposed to be it. This would be the end of the Russian investigation, showing corruption all the way through the FBI and the Justice Department--Rod Rosenstein would be fired, and along with him, Robert Mueller. It did the exact opposite.

This was FOX NEWS reporting on the placement of cheese on cheeseburgers--the very moment that every other network was reporting on 2 Federal Grand Jury indictments and 1 guilty plea.

FOX NEWS journalists threatened to quit over that.

Uranium One being completely DEBUNKED by Shep Smith.

One correction...

Brit Hume isn't a journalist. At least not as it pertains to his current position at the network.

He's a hack and a shill for the Republican party.

It's been a couple of years since I was on FOX NEWS. I turned them off as soon as they turned into the Trump media network. It looks like they're running the show now.

FOX NEWS leads--Trump follows. The White House press secretaries have often been caught quoting Sean Hannity--:auiqs.jpg:

The establishment of both parties is corrupt to the core

Investigations of Trump for any collusion is an absolute farce

It's time to bring integrity ack

The fact that our intelligence community has been compromised for political gain is alarming

The fact that so many leftists are OK with it as long as it benefits their political goals bodes poorly for our country
Hmmm. Another kool-aid drinker vomiting.

I have NO choice but to watch FOX NEWS.

I cannot bear to turn on CNN or MSNBC because their "dislike" of President Trump has driven them to the edge of insanity -- in my opinion.

Yes, FOX NEWS talking heads are too cocksure about everything, but they are no worse than liberal talking heads.

(P.S. I DO miss watching Ms. Maddow's program. Her voice is unique. And she SEEMS so sincere. And her show IS entertaining! In some strange way that I cannot describe, she does not come across so obnoxious as other MSNBC talking heads.)

What did you watch when Fixed Fox News was constantly berating then president Obams?

When CNN gets into one of its obsessive "follow one story for three days" mode, I sometimes find Fox much more likely to be reporting the news of the day. It doesn't last long before they're back worrying their bone about librul college students or some rah-rah military story, but at least they report it in the first five minutes.

Yes, I agree.. I get so sick of it that I just shut it down and stop watching the news.. At times I do flip through all of the stations and online to try and get to the truth, even then these partisan hacks have brought up reputable news companies online .

If you want the truth watch BBC or use the net to get European news.

There is a name for the phenomenon of which you speak...it's called. kool-aid making and distribution.

Forum List

Back