Do you still believe FOX NEWS?--in light of the Nunes memo release

Do you still believe Sean Hannity and the other right wing talk show hosts on FOX NEWS

• yes

• no

• sometimes

• all of the time

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
People on Facebook are deleting their Fox News memo hype threads.. question is will the 2nd memo even make the light of day...#Bogus

:dig:

People using Facebook are common variety idiots.

My opinion.

I use it to keep up with old family and friends, I actually have found people that I haven't seen for years.. but you are right it has turned into one big advertisement after another..

The other fake news media are slowly catching up to what happened and they are worried...they know this is really bad...all you hear on CNN is maybe, if, possible, sources, could be, wouldn't be surprised, I hear from, I heard from, if anyone thinks those words add up to news you are a fool...

The establishment of both parties is corrupt to the core

Investigations of Trump for any collusion is an absolute farce

It's time to bring integrity ack

The fact that our intelligence community has been compromised for political gain is alarming

The fact that so many leftists are OK with it as long as it benefits their political goals bodes poorly for our country
The fact that our intelligence committee has been used for partisan politics is what is alarming. If there were real concerns about the FISA warrant, it should have been turned over to the proper authorities for investigation, not to the American people in a media circus.

The guilty players would bury them. Now they have no choice. Memo #2 (related, not the Democrat memo) is forthcoming.
That is a possibility, I agree. The intelligence community has a big advantage with their "invisibility cloak," don't they? However, the I.G. would have gotten to the bottom of it without all the partisan fanfare, I believe.
The Democrat's response will not clear up anything. The underlying information to make an informed decision will never be released. The public has no choice but to choose a side or ignore it all.
Since I don't like choosing political sides for the sheer sake of party politics, I think I'm going to relegate this to the conspiracy theory bin and ignore, at least for now.

One poster kindly suggested that I could get impartial news reporting on the Web.

I am sure that the poster is right.

But there is one problem: I am a (very) senior citizen.

The word "press" (not "media") means only two things to me: PRINT newspapers and TV news shows.

I will never forget a scene in that popular TV crime show "Criminal Minds."

Character No. 1: I am very sorry that many small-town newspapers are out of business..
Character No. 2: They are now online.
Character No. 1: Same thing!

Talk show hosts and partisan pundits have zero credibility, none, nada.

In their own style, they all do the same thing: Concentrate on that which supports their agenda, while ignoring/avoiding/minimizing/distorting that which does not.

Do we not all know this? Really?
People find it helpful when folks who are really informed about a subject can discuss what is going on in the news. What is happening lately, though, is that people are apparently offended that these "experts" have a bias. Everyone has a bias. It's not lying, it's presenting a perspective. Sift through it. Is that really so hard for people to cope with? I'm not sure what all this screeching about "fake news" is about. It seems to me it is mostly complaining that someone who doesn't agree with them is allowed on the airwaves.

One poster kindly suggested that I could get impartial news reporting on the Web.

I am sure that the poster is right.

But there is one problem: I am a (very) senior citizen.

The word "press" (not "media") means only two things to me: PRINT newspapers and TV news shows.

I will never forget a scene in that popular TV crime show "Criminal Minds."

Character No. 1: I am very sorry that many small-town newspapers are out of business..
Character No. 2: They are now online.
Character No. 1: Same thing!
I also get my news mostly in print and on tv. If I want to dig deeper, I turn to Google.
I don't know if I agree that you can get "impartial" news on the Web, though. I'm not sure you can get that anywhere except perhaps the Reuters news feed.

I have NO choice but to watch FOX NEWS.

I cannot bear to turn on CNN or MSNBC because their "dislike" of President Trump has driven them to the edge of insanity -- in my opinion.

Yes, FOX NEWS talking heads are too cocksure about everything, but they are no worse than liberal talking heads.

(P.S. I DO miss watching Ms. Maddow's program. Her voice is unique. And she SEEMS so sincere. And her show IS entertaining! In some strange way that I cannot describe, she does not come across so obnoxious as other MSNBC talking heads.)
I get my news from USMB

The fact that our intelligence community has been compromised for political gain is alarming

The fact that so many leftists are OK with it as long as it benefits their political goals bodes poorly for our country

The fact that our intelligence committee has been used for partisan politics is what is alarming. If there were real concerns about the FISA warrant, it should have been turned over to the proper authorities for investigation, n

I will be pretty surprised if some establishmees type republicans don't get caught up in this as well

I'm glad the info has been made public

You clearly don't know that Nunes Memo release actually DEBUNKED the conspiracy that FOX NEWS has been pushing for the last year--that the Russian investigation is all centered around the DOSSIER file, when it never was.

In the very last line of Nune's memo it states--that the Russian investigation was started in late July, 2016 and was started because of George Papadopolous. Someone who came out of nowhere, and who's name was never mentioned in the Dossier file, and has already plead guilty, and is working with Mueller.
Papadopoulos' guilty plea is much bigger problem for Trump than the Manafort indictment - CNNPolitics

The Devin Nune's memo is like putting an Atom bomb right in the middle of FOX NEWS and setting it off. It completely DEBUNKED their conspiracy surrounding the Dossier file that they have been pushing for the last year.

The difference in reporting: Sean Hannity

Rachel Maddow exposed this conspiracy surrounding the Carter Page FISA warrant last week, realizing what FOX NEWS was up too--- Carter Page had a FISA WARRANT on him since 2013.

Rachel Maddow had this one DEBUNKED last week, releasing what FOX NEWS, Sean Hannity, Devin Nunes was up too. Carter Page has had a FISA warrant on him since 2013. She has the documents in hand to prove it.

Last edited:

The fact that our intelligence committee has been used for partisan politics is what is alarming. If there were real concerns about the FISA warrant, it should have been turned over to the proper authorities for investigation, not to the American people in a media circus.
Other than congress, who are the proper authorities? There has been some talk of another special counsel.

Other than congress, who are the proper authorities? There has been some talk of another special counsel.
What I heard suggested was the Inspector General or the Court. Another special counsel for this alone would be ridiculous. The bullshit going on in Lynch's DOJ during the Hillary campaign was pretty bad smelling. As far as the re-up of Carter Page's FISA warrant? Not so much.

What I heard suggested was the Inspector General or the Court. Another special counsel for this alone would be ridiculous. The bullshit going on in Lynch's DOJ during the Hillary campaign was pretty bad smelling. As far as the re-up of Carter Page's FISA warrant? Not so much.
I have heard the IG also. I don’t know if The Court would be equipped for such an investigation.

The guilty players would bury them. Now they have no choice. Memo #2 (related, not the Democrat memo) is forthcoming.
That is a possibility, I agree. The intelligence community has a big advantage with their "invisibility cloak," don't they? However, the I.G. would have gotten to the bottom of it without all the partisan fanfare, I believe.
The Democrat's response will not clear up anything. The underlying information to make an informed decision will never be released. The public has no choice but to choose a side or ignore it all.
Since I don't like choosing political sides for the sheer sake of party politics, I think I'm going to relegate this to the conspiracy theory bin and ignore, at least for now.

It's no longer a conspiracy theory.

For several days, you couldn't turn on the news anywhere without hearing speculation and opinion about The Memo. Now that it's out, the story is no longer the lead.
No surprise, there is nothing there damaging to Trump

In fact, it tends to exonerate him, so traditional media types will ignore it or attempt to discredit it

Talk show hosts and partisan pundits have zero credibility, none, nada.

In their own style, they all do the same thing: Concentrate on that which supports their agenda, while ignoring/avoiding/minimizing/distorting that which does not.

Do we not all know this? Really?
People find it helpful when folks who are really informed about a subject can discuss what is going on in the news. What is happening lately, though, is that people are apparently offended that these "experts" have a bias. Everyone has a bias. It's not lying, it's presenting a perspective. Sift through it. Is that really so hard for people to cope with? I'm not sure what all this screeching about "fake news" is about. It seems to me it is mostly complaining that someone who doesn't agree with them is allowed on the airwaves.
Well, "fake news" is essentially "stuff I don't like" at this point. And remember, the term actually began as a description of sites like Breitbart and Alex Jones and WND, but it was usurped by Trump and his bully pulpit.

We disagree on the purpose of a newscast. I want to know as much of the story as I can, and I'll develop my own perspective and opinions. I was in the business for 18 years, and I was trained to deliver straight news, to respect the ability of the consumer to draw their own conclusions.

Once news becomes advocacy, it's worthless to me. I don't give a shit about their opinions, or their personal version of The Truth.

I have heard the IG also. I don’t know if The Court would be equipped for such an investigation.
Which Court do they mean? I wondered that.

It's no longer a conspiracy theory.
Doesn't it still hinge on the investigator's "motives" for spying on Page? Isn't the point to show the investigators as biased against Trump and therefore "lied" by omission to get a renewal on their spy warrant? To me that is still a theory. One can also argue that they thought Page was involved in illegal activities. They wanted to continue to spy on him, therefore.
To me, that's what it's about. So I don't think it actually "clears up" anything.

All I know is msnbc wants you all rioting in the streets cause Trump is a dictator....Forward comrades

Which Court do they mean? I wondered that.
I don’t know.

Forum List

Back