Do you shop at Walmart?

Do you shop at Walmart?

• Yes

Votes: 78 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 38.1%

• Total voters
Nope, but when I want inferior products, I surely know where to go.

so campbell's soup is a different campbells soup at walmart? How about gurbers baby food and pampers? Tide detergent and Dawn dishwashing liquid?

the list is endless... National brands are national brand products. The dont come from china either.

Can get any and all of that stuff at my local grocery store or even Kroger if I want to shop more upscale. I'm talking about crappy Wal-Mart brands like Mainstays and the like.

I only concern myself for getting the quality that I pay for, the rest is irrelevant. Based on what I've bought from Wal-Mart in the past, this has not been the case by and large.

How is a GE light bulb sold at Walmart inferior to a GE light bulb sold at Walgreen's?
How is a bottle of Ecco Domani wine sold at Walmart inferior to a bottle of Ecco Domani wine sold at your local liquor store?
How is a Sony TV sold at Walmart inferior to a Sony TV sold at any other electronics store?

Be specific.

Wow. Wal mart is the number one killer of small business in America no matter what anyone says. There is no way local small businsess can compete with Wal Marts low prices. We got Wal Mart and within a year main street was 50% vacant. Chineese products killing American small business in the womb. Yet they want us to think it's Obama care. They say that small business needs all the breaks they can get, and the way that the US government backs big business over small business I can agree. Large business, with their bought and paid for politicians, kill off their competition through over regulation every day. Talk about saving American small business than go shop at Wal Mart, it just doesn't sound right. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, our choices our being taken away. No monopolies but how many cable tv options do you have? ever tried to change electric companies?

Do I shop at Wal Mart? yes.
Do I like it? no.
Do I have an economical alternative? no.
When the oportunity arises to shop else where do I take it? absolutely.

Of course small business can compete with a big box store. The small mom and pop junkshop sells exactly the same crap Wal Mart sells, they just charge double the price. That's why they go out of business. The answer isn't to deny the consumer the opportunity to pay a more fair price. Wal Mart like all major stores is an anchor. A dozen or more stores and shops will open next to a Wal Mart. Wal Mart doesn't kill small business, it advances it.
So much for defending small business. So it is just a republican talking point.

so campbell's soup is a different campbells soup at walmart? How about gurbers baby food and pampers? Tide detergent and Dawn dishwashing liquid?

the list is endless... National brands are national brand products. The dont come from china either.

Can get any and all of that stuff at my local grocery store or even Kroger if I want to shop more upscale. I'm talking about crappy Wal-Mart brands like Mainstays and the like.

I only concern myself for getting the quality that I pay for, the rest is irrelevant. Based on what I've bought from Wal-Mart in the past, this has not been the case by and large.

Walmart does not just offer crappy walmart brands. I am not talking about that stuff

I make my comparisons with the exact same thing i get at lucky, safeway, wall greens, target ect. You cant beat walmart prices on national brand stuff.

I too purchase for quality... and can afford anything i want. And still shop at walmart. Why... becasue its the same thing at a better price.

WalMart in and of itself is not the problem.
It is what WalMart represents as the nations largest retailer times 5.
It is ironic that a nation that is so "aware" of its own history of slavery and how terrible it was - is the worlds largest consumer of products made by slavery.
Shopping at WalMart, or anywhere else for that matter, and buying products choosing price as the leading factor of why you buy what you buy - is the core reason slavery not only still exist - but there is more slavery now than perhaps ever before. Thanks to you choosing price over everything else.

Personally I have a problem benefiting off of someone else's misery. I actually care. When buying products I spend a little time choosing a product that I find to be made with the least amount of slave labor...even if it cost $.50 more.

Last edited:

How is a GE light bulb sold at Walmart inferior to a GE light bulb sold at Walgreen's?
How is a bottle of Ecco Domani wine sold at Walmart inferior to a bottle of Ecco Domani wine sold at your local liquor store?
How is a Sony TV sold at Walmart inferior to a Sony TV sold at any other electronics store?

Be specific.

that was my point as well...

a national brand is a national brand. The list is endless.

It is ironic that a nation that is so "aware" of its own history of slavery and how terrible it was - is the worlds largest consumer of products made by slavery.
Shopping at WalMart, or anywhere else for that matter, and buying products choosing price as the leading factor of why you buy what you buy - is the core reason slavery not only still exist - but there is more slavery now than perhaps ever before. Thanks to you choosing price over everything else.

Personally I have a problem benefiting off of someone else's misery. I actually care. When buying products I spend a little time choosing a product that I find to be made with the least amount of slave labor...even if it cost $.50 more.

I am sure all of the apple loving liberals agree with you.

Yup, and I don't feel bad about it either :D

I am proud to shop at Walmart. I generally shop early in the mornings when the store, with the exception of employees, is not busy and I feel I have the place to myself.

The employees at our beautiful store are happy, and laughing and grateful to have their jobs and don't want to go union. The Photo employee has worked there for 12 years, makes $20.00 an hour and loves her health benefits. Or she did as of three months ago. I don't what if anything has changed since.

I am proud of Walmart, for it offers great pricing as well as jobs to others who might be considered unemployable in other stores.

The store manager is good to the employees and that is reflected in the attitudes of the latter, at our local, clean and spiffy, Walmart.

I like to save money and be made to feel as an important customer. I like to support Walmart but I don't expect perfection; just great prices and friendly attitudes. :)

I used to shop Walmart...they opened in my town and suddenly not only could women with no education get jobs, they could afford clothing and toys for their kids, and pay their rent.

Now I don't have one close enough so I shop at Fred Meyer's...there's not as much choice, it's more expensive, and most of the employees work 20 hours a week and live with their mothers.

Yup, and I don't feel bad about it either :D

I am proud to shop at Walmart. I generally shop early in the mornings when the store, with the exception of employees, is not busy and I feel I have the place to myself.

The employees at our beautiful store are happy, and laughing and grateful to have their jobs and don't want to go union. The Photo employee has worked there for 12 years, makes $20.00 an hour and loves her health benefits. Or she did as of three months ago. I don't what if anything has changed since.

I am proud of Walmart, for it offers great pricing as well as jobs to others who might be considered unemployable in other stores.

The store manager is good to the employees and that is reflected in the attitudes of the latter, at our local, clean and spiffy, Walmart.

I like to save money and be made to feel as an important customer. I like to support Walmart but I don't expect perfection; just great prices and friendly attitudes. :)

:thup: I agree.

and ....oh no AA..... dont tell them the truth about good wages, benefits and clean well stocked stores. It will ruin the bbbaaaadddd walmart image.

Walmart does not just offer crappy walmart brands. I am not talking about that stuff

I make my comparisons with the exact same thing i get at lucky, safeway, wall greens, target ect. You cant beat walmart prices on national brand stuff.

I too purchase for quality... and can afford anything i want. And still shop at walmart. Why... becasue its the same thing at a better price.

They have national brands cheaper...and many of their house brands are perfectly fine. I have bought oil-change supplies there for years. By lab analysis, their house brand oil (Super Tech) is very good, as good as any brand-name oil and better than many! The Purolator filters they sell for $3.27 are the exact same ones that cost $8 at NAPA, and are BETTER than the STP filters for $6 at Auto Zone.

Be specific.

Maybe not....For example, John Deere makes ride on mowers for Lowes and Home Depot and makes ride on mowers to be sold by Deere stores those sold in Lowes and HD are of poor quality compared to those sold by Deere stores. The price reflects the difference as well.

Same thing with clothes....Designers create special lines of clothing made specifically for outlets. Are you getting a good deal or getting duped? Designer clothes at discount prices. That is what Outlet Malls promise and that's making them one of the fastest growing segments of American retail. But before you think you're getting a bargain on the best of the best, we have some of the secrets behind outlet clothing.

They aren't defective, they aren't overstock. They are "made for outlet" clothes, a trend designers are jumping onto to attract the more budget-conscious shopper.
'Quality issues do come down to the quality of the fabric," says Beard. Buttons, zippers and other fashionings used in "made for outlet" clothing are a little cheaper. When it comes to construction, outlet production may only measure the garment for fit once or twice, while regular brand will have more stringent tailoring."
'Made for Outlet' clothing: Bargain or bust? | wkyc.com

I am sure all of the apple loving liberals agree with you.

Apple? I don't have a single Apple product in my home.
Liberal? What the f*ck are you talking about? They don't come anymore fiscal conservative than me. So only a "liberal" in your book cares about the plight of others suffering for their benefit? F*ck that.
WalMart, Target, Cosco etc. etc. - they are a reflection of our society, They couldn't exist if it wasn't for mindless consumerism hellbent on getting the most stuff possible.
Cheap products can ONLY exist if the cost of production is as low as possible. Which means slave labor. WHich means people born with no other choice than to work their entire lives in a kind of poverty than we can't even comprehend so we can have a new toaster for $10 instead of $12.

Be specific.

Also note: my mother's "Durabrand" (Wal-Mart) television has now outlasted not one, but THREE "brand name" televisions!

I used to shop Walmart...they opened in my town and suddenly not only could women with no education get jobs, they could afford clothing and toys for their kids, and pay their rent.

Now I don't have one close enough so I shop at Fred Meyer's...there's not as much choice, it's more expensive, and most of the employees work 20 hours a week and live with their mothers.

I love and shop at Fred Meyer, too. Most of the employees at our store are adults and many are in their 60's and say they are working for health insurance, only.

Fred Meyer, is owned by Kroger, and cannot quite match the pricing of Walmart, because they can't buy in the quantities that Walmart can.

I shop at both stores. I like Freddy's brand products better than Walmart's.

FM is also is a beautiful store with more upscale inventory; grocery selection, housing, clothes, etc., and customer service is as awesome as Walmart's.

I am glad we have a Fred Meyer in the Pacific Northwest.

Oh I agree, it is a very NICE store, I'm glad we have it.

But if there was a freddy's and a walmart side by side, I'd go to walmart. Particularly for food.

My wife's friend (who is an AF Dependent Wife and Japanese) worked at a WalMart for a year or so when her husband was stationed at nearby Andrews AFB. They promoted her real quick and wanted to put her into Management but she turned it down.

She said working for WalMart was ok it's just the workers there are just too lazy and stupid (Well, she used Polite Japanese to describe them but that's basically what she said) . She said that she was called upon to finish up what the workers couldn't do (which was often) and apparently was fast tracked for management because of that.

She was real happy to leave.

I try not to shop at WalMart so we go to Giant and Wegmans instead but we do occasionally stop in for one or two items on the way home from somewhere.

My impression of WalMart is that it's a filthy, Illegal Alien magnet. Whenever I'm in there I just wanna' get the f*ck out as soon as possible.
\

in your area , sure it's an illegal alien magnet.

About 40 miles west of you, not so bad.

more like trailer trash :D

but seriosly.

There are some products there you can not get anywhere else
for that cheap.

One stop shopping
a bad job is better than no job. the local Wal-mart has employees that have been there 15 years

Forum List

Back