Do you shop at Walmart?

Do you shop at Walmart?

• Yes

Votes: 78 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 38.1%

• Total voters
Walmart pays the same as Target, yet Walmart is always the big bad wolf. Why is that? And since Target's prices are almost always higher, why aren't they paying better wages overall?

I agree. Walmart is a smart option when the household budget requires watching every penny. Costco may pay their employees more but their service is just as bad as other big box retailers (worse in fact because you have to pay for membership).

If the store had the lowest price on something that I wanted yes I would. For those who feel victimized by Walmart's practices I suggest they make themselves better equipped for the job market. Opportunities are plentiful for those who possess the best qualifications, market themselves well and have the wherewithal to commit to what the job market demands.

What dream world do you live in? I'm 51 and have tried to get a job since the economy tanked in '08. Well educated, experienced, but yet never even get in for an interview after submitting enough resumes to wall paper a house.

Walmart pays the same as Target, yet Walmart is always the big bad wolf. Why is that? And since Target's prices are almost always higher, why aren't they paying better wages overall?

I agree. Walmart is a smart option when the household budget requires watching every penny. Costco may pay their employees more but their service is just as bad as other big box retailers (worse in fact because you have to pay for membership).

Wal Mart is not that cheap. I go to a place for food that makes Wal-Mart high priced.

If the store had the lowest price on something that I wanted yes I would. For those who feel victimized by Walmart's practices I suggest they make themselves better equipped for the job market. Opportunities are plentiful for those who possess the best qualifications, market themselves well and have the wherewithal to commit to what the job market demands.

What dream world do you live in? I'm 51 and have tried to get a job since the economy tanked in '08. Well educated, experienced, but yet never even get in for an interview after submitting enough resumes to wall paper a house.

:rolleyes: 'splains a lot

It depends on where the Wal Mart is. The customers who go to the one in North Redondo are disgusting, the Wal Mart in Torrance is very nice. Knowing that Wal Mart is non union is enough to get me through the door.

Just reading this at Huffpo and looking at the comments. Made me wonder if people who disapprove of Walmart still shop there.

Walmart's Internal Compensation Documents Reveal Systematic Limit On Advancement
I read your article at Huffington Post, Amelia. They're redistribution agents, and in their article, they solicit former employees to write them (grievances only will be published). They're digging for dirt to destroy a business that employs two million worldwide and 1.4 million stateside.

All businesses are judged by their performance on the stock market to people who invest money in them to keep their doors open. If you frighten the investors enough, they will take their money out and invest in something even more profitable that is less noticable because of size.

The redistributors have raised prices on groceries and shrunk sizes to conceal most of the inflationary issues. It's in the 40 to 80% higher bracket. It's a cancer, a parasite. Huffington Post wants to just make it worse.

Can you imagine if that bitch destroys Walmart, she will be putting 1.4 million people on these shores out of work, and the jobs will just be put into countries like Kiki described "where people are just happy to have a job."

We'll be supporting 1.4 million more Americans, not to mention WalMart's trade partners losing a sure-thing sales outlet.

This is not good.

Paranoia stikes deep
Into your heart it will creep
It starts when your always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away

I shop Target. Their store is bigger, brighter, more organized and I like the merchandise..I shop Sam's club too for certain items such as K cups, toilet paper and paper towels. books. groceries I buy at Publix. I also do a lot of online shopping.

Wow. Wal mart is the number one killer of small business in America no matter what anyone says. There is no way local small businsess can compete with Wal Marts low prices. We got Wal Mart and within a year main street was 50% vacant. Chineese products killing American small business in the womb. Yet they want us to think it's Obama care. They say that small business needs all the breaks they can get, and the way that the US government backs big business over small business I can agree. Large business, with their bought and paid for politicians, kill off their competition through over regulation every day. Talk about saving American small business than go shop at Wal Mart, it just doesn't sound right. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, our choices our being taken away. No monopolies but how many cable tv options do you have? ever tried to change electric companies?

Do I shop at Wal Mart? yes.
Do I like it? no.
Do I have an economical alternative? no.
When the oportunity arises to shop else where do I take it? absolutely.

Wow. Wal mart is the number one killer of small business in America no matter what anyone says. There is no way local small businsess can compete with Wal Marts low prices. We got Wal Mart and within a year main street was 50% vacant. Chineese products killing American small business in the womb. Yet they want us to think it's Obama care. They say that small business needs all the breaks they can get, and the way that the US government backs big business over small business I can agree. Large business, with their bought and paid for politicians, kill off their competition through over regulation every day. Talk about saving American small business than go shop at Wal Mart, it just doesn't sound right. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, our choices our being taken away. No monopolies but how many cable tv options do you have? ever tried to change electric companies?

Do I like it? no.

why do you blame that on Walmart? The one responsible is the consumer. If they didn't need or want the lower prices, they wouldn't shop there making them obsolete. If you honestly don't think that their lower prices help some families survive, or other families live better, you are absolutely wrong.

Do I like it? no.

Of course small business can compete with a big box store. The small mom and pop junkshop sells exactly the same crap Wal Mart sells, they just charge double the price. That's why they go out of business. The answer isn't to deny the consumer the opportunity to pay a more fair price. Wal Mart like all major stores is an anchor. A dozen or more stores and shops will open next to a Wal Mart. Wal Mart doesn't kill small business, it advances it.

Huh, in which reality do you reside?
The reality where I am responsible for myself and not let people or corporations take advantage of me.

Your self righteous indignation of the 47% is disgusting

Cry me a river.... the people who bemoan their circumstances may be able to help themselves if they stop bitching and start moving their asses.

Wal Mart is not that cheap. I go to a place for food that makes Wal-Mart high priced.

Walmart is the absolute lowest in our area. For some items is can be as much as $1 or $2 per item even.

You are doing something about your plight, I assume. That is not what I am talking about.

However, is there a reason why you are not working in Wal-Mart?

Nope, but when I want inferior products, I surely know where to go.

so campbell's soup is a different campbells soup at walmart? How about gurbers baby food and pampers? Tide detergent and Dawn dishwashing liquid?

the list is endless... National brands are national brand products. The dont come from china either.

Just reading this at Huffpo and looking at the comments. Made me wonder if people who disapprove of Walmart still shop there.

Walmart's Internal Compensation Documents Reveal Systematic Limit On Advancement
I read your article at Huffington Post, Amelia. They're redistribution agents, and in their article, they solicit former employees to write them (grievances only will be published). They're digging for dirt to destroy a business that employs two million worldwide and 1.4 million stateside.

All businesses are judged by their performance on the stock market to people who invest money in them to keep their doors open. If you frighten the investors enough, they will take their money out and invest in something even more profitable that is less noticable because of size.

The redistributors have raised prices on groceries and shrunk sizes to conceal most of the inflationary issues. It's in the 40 to 80% higher bracket. It's a cancer, a parasite. Huffington Post wants to just make it worse.

Can you imagine if that bitch destroys Walmart, she will be putting 1.4 million people on these shores out of work, and the jobs will just be put into countries like Kiki described "where people are just happy to have a job."

We'll be supporting 1.4 million more Americans, not to mention WalMart's trade partners losing a sure-thing sales outlet.

This is not good.

I didnt read it... let me guess... its a union rag?

and if you look.... all of targets stuff comes from china... just like walmart.

It depends on where the Wal Mart is. The customers who go to the one in North Redondo are disgusting, the Wal Mart in Torrance is very nice. Knowing that Wal Mart is non union is enough to get me through the door.

non union... :thup: thats reason enough for me too.

Do I like it? no.

Of course small business can compete with a big box store. The small mom and pop junkshop sells exactly the same crap Wal Mart sells, they just charge double the price. That's why they go out of business. The answer isn't to deny the consumer the opportunity to pay a more fair price. Wal Mart like all major stores is an anchor. A dozen or more stores and shops will open next to a Wal Mart. Wal Mart doesn't kill small business, it advances it.

As is the case with our local hardware store garden supplier and pet store pool supplier etc...

Forum List

Back