Do you shop at Walmart?

Do you shop at Walmart?

• Yes

Votes: 78 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 38.1%

• Total voters
Such irony from the left...

Wal Mart provides lower prices for the same product and the Left's endless desire to rip them apart is so pathetic...

How do you claim to be a champion of the poor and downtrodden, yet you decry every move Wal Mart makes...

Wait, could it be, no way, never...

Worthless hypocrites...

I agree. Walmart is a smart option when the household budget requires watching every penny. Costco may pay their employees more but their service is just as bad as other big box retailers (worse in fact because you have to pay for membership).

Wal Mart is not that cheap. I go to a place for food that makes Wal-Mart high priced.

Walmart is the absolute lowest in our area. For some items is can be as much as $1 or $2 per item even.

My experience is that Walmart prices on name-brand items are much lower than any of the other chains such as Food Lion, Winn Dixie and Publix. In addition, Walmart will match the advertised price of any other store.

Attachments

• $images.jpeg
    $images.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 57
Such irony from the left...

Wal Mart provides lower prices for the same product and the Left's endless desire to rip them apart is so pathetic...

How do you claim to be a champion of the poor and downtrodden, yet you decry every move Wal Mart makes...

Wait, could it be, no way, never...

Worthless hypocrites...

Hey GW, this is just a shout-out for not putting color into over-sized font. I will actually read your posts, because of that. In fact, I enjoy reading your posts and that is one of the reasons....you don't blind me with bright color. :D

WalMart in and of itself is not the problem.
It is what WalMart represents as the nations largest retailer times 5.
It is ironic that a nation that is so "aware" of its own history of slavery and how terrible it was - is the worlds largest consumer of products made by slavery.
Shopping at WalMart, or anywhere else for that matter, and buying products choosing price as the leading factor of why you buy what you buy - is the core reason slavery not only still exist - but there is more slavery now than perhaps ever before. Thanks to you choosing price over everything else.

Personally I have a problem benefiting off of someone else's misery. I actually care. When buying products I spend a little time choosing a product that I find to be made with the least amount of slave labor...even if it cost $.50 more.

oh please, they pay the going rate of most all grocers, offer roughly the same benefits, etc.
In your mind how much should a stocker or a department straightener make per hour? Or a cashier? Should people be paid on skill set? And what skill set with todays registers does a cashier require? What skill set does it require for someone to straighten up a department, such as putting things back in their place, etc. call for? What skill set is required to actually stock a shelf?

were those jobs ever intended to be primary incomes?

Uh...yes, they are the ONLY incomes they have. Period.
I have a problem with 10 year olds working 14 hour days - obviously you do not.

if they are 10 year olds it is not their primary income

and I wasreall referring to Wal mart employees

WalMart employees are not the reason WalMart is successful.
WalMart is successful because they sell products Americans want at the lowest price possible. Which means 10 year olds working 14 hour days. Which means slave labor, people earning $.12 an hour living on dirt floors...all so you can buy a new Mattell toy for $4 instead of $5.99.

Ruger made this 10/22 specifically for Wal mart

also known as the wally world special

before-2-small.jpg

I did the VQ drop in accurizing kit with buffer, spring, trigger etc

It's a sweet rifle that you could only get at Wally world

now discontinued :D

WalMart is successful because they sell products Americans want at the lowest price possible. Which means 10 year olds working 14 hour days. Which means slave labor, people earning $.12 an hour living on dirt floors...all so you can buy a new Mattell toy for $4 instead of $5.99.

how the fuck do you know any of this?

Remember when WalMart lied, said they carried only "made in the USA" merchandise? THAT was when I decided I would never again shop there. I've never been inside one of their stores since and never will.

If you want to keep China green and shit on your neighbors: shop WalMart.

Shop local, shop small business.

It is ironic that a nation that is so "aware" of its own history of slavery and how terrible it was - is the worlds largest consumer of products made by slavery.
Shopping at WalMart, or anywhere else for that matter, and buying products choosing price as the leading factor of why you buy what you buy - is the core reason slavery not only still exist - but there is more slavery now than perhaps ever before. Thanks to you choosing price over everything else.

Personally I have a problem benefiting off of someone else's misery. I actually care. When buying products I spend a little time choosing a product that I find to be made with the least amount of slave labor...even if it cost $.50 more.

oh please, they pay the going rate of most all grocers, offer roughly the same benefits, etc.
In your mind how much should a stocker or a department straightener make per hour? Or a cashier? Should people be paid on skill set? And what skill set with todays registers does a cashier require? What skill set does it require for someone to straighten up a department, such as putting things back in their place, etc. call for? What skill set is required to actually stock a shelf?

No they don't, well at least not compared to the ones around here.
They never give you raises, it's hard to get benefits, and they treat their employees like crap. Every grocer here for sure pays more than Walmart. Plus most are in a union.
People who defend Walmart are complete morons.

A documentary I saw showed little girls putting together tacky little Barbie doll packages to be sent to WalMart (among others). It pointed out that the child workers did not make enough to actually buy one of the dolls.

When Wal Mart sold only made in the USA products, many more products really were made in the USA. I don't care where you buy your TV, it won't be made in America because we don't make any.

Children who work in countries that permit child labor are far better off than in countries where children do not work. If they work for a bowl of rice a day, that's a bowl of rice they wouldn't otherwise have.

When liberals are successful in closing sweatshops and child labor factories, the children are invariably forced into prostitution. That .12 an hour is damn good money there and some kids support their families with it.

Anti-sweatshop activists have caused an increase in childhood prostitution « Dan from Squirrel Hill's Blog

Take away the jobs and these children still have to live. They aren't going to lay down and die because it makes an american liberal feel good.

They never give you raises, it's hard to get benefits, and they treat their employees like crap. Every grocer here for sure pays more than Walmart. Plus most are in a union.

So tell me, what stores are paying alot more? What county in the US? Let me have some names and I can compare them for you. And you did not answer my question as to what you think someone should make for those positions and what their skill sets are.

So tell me, what stores are paying alot more? What county in the US? Let me have some names and I can compare them for you. And you did not answer my question as to what you think someone should make for those positions and what their skill sets are.

Albertson's, Safeway, Rosaurs, Yokes. Etc.
first off most are unions, which Walmarts prevents their employees from doing in the US. You make a decent income as a checker at all of those places. Checkers at Yokes make more than what my dad does, and have awesome benefits. I have friend who have college degrees but stayed at both Yokes and Albertson's because they could make more as a checker.
And I think people should make a decent living wage. They have to deal with the asshole public all day.
I was a checker at Kmart where I made crap when I was younger. The public are jackasses, especially ones who shop at Walmart or Kmart. Worst job I have ever had.

i guess it also depends on what walmart you go to. Ill agree...some of them are just nasty. Others are pretty darn normal....

Agreed. I've been to some Wal Marts in the country that are like Town and Country
stores and they're the pride of the town. I've been to some suburban Wal Marts that
are sticky and tacky with smelly workers and it's like they've brought the ghetto with them.

Walmart is the downfall of the US. You wanna know what kills small business? Walmart.
You guys bitch about Obama, while shopping at Walmart.

Forum List

Back