Some parts of Mexico are becoming first world

Mexico has not really been a Third World country for 30 years, and were it not for the drug lords, would perhaps be a genuine First World country by now.

Although we never really use the term Second World, I think that would be a better label for both Mexico, Brazil, Costa Rica and Panama.

A lot of wealth in a country does not make if First World -it is more to do with where the median income is.

I was look at google earth of the cities within mexico and this place below. Some of them are pretty first world.

Picture of mexico
Photos of Mexico (land, best, area, buildings) - Page 2 - City-Data Forum

I could upload dozens of pictures of Mexico that show the same.

Yes, there are part of Mexico that are poor and as rural as it gets.

But, great strides have been made to upgrade infrastructure and improve things overall. A lot of foreign investment is providing increasing jobs for the population and the current president's efforts to cut waste, corruption, and union influence is moving Mexico further forwards.

But, thanks for the pix. :clap2::clap2:

Mexico has not really been a Third World country for 30 years, and were it not for the drug lords, would perhaps be a genuine First World country by now.

Although we never really use the term Second World, I think that would be a better label for both Mexico, Brazil, Costa Rica and Panama.

A lot of wealth in a country does not make if First World -it is more to do with where the median income is.

I disagree, money does not make a country first world it is the standard of living. Kuwait for example is a very very oil rich nation but they are a third world country because their living standards are not up to par with the West or other first world nations. In Mexico their standard of living is not up to par with the US, but we are going down to meet them.

Not enough of a middle class in Mexico. A small elite class of aristocrats at the top, a vast sea of poor peasants at the bottom, and not much in between. Layer in the systemic corruption at the local, state, and federal levels of government and the deck is thoroughly stacked against the folks at the bottom.

I disagree, money does not make a country first world it is the standard of living. Kuwait for example is a very very oil rich nation but they are a third world country because their living standards are not up to par with the West or other first world nations. In Mexico their standard of living is not up to par with the US, but we are going down to meet them.

I think out points are actually quite similar - Kuwait can be considered Third World because the median income may actually be very low.

It's hard to separate living standard from income, after all.

I think out points are actually quite similar - Kuwait can be considered Third World because the median income may actually be very low.

Kuwait is a third world country because they want to be, the Kuwaitis are filthy rich but they are ok with having third world accomodations for most the country. Alot of the oil rich Arab countries are like this, the Kuwaitis go to their summer homes in Switzerland and the Saudis go to Morocco to the chalets, but their countries remain third world shit holes for the most part.

Kuwait is a third world country because they want to be, the Kuwaitis are filthy rich but they are ok with having third world accomodations for most the country. Alot of the oil rich Arab countries are like this, the Kuwaitis go to their summer homes in Switzerland
and the Saudis go to Morocco to the chalets, but their countries remain third world shit holes for the most part.

I have never been to Kuwait-----or saudi arabia----but my son was in
lots of the very wealthy oil emirates when active in the US
navy. He described what he saw-----there were poor people---
but they were the enslaved southeast asians who were doing
all the work in the country. I know that there are very poor
people in Saudi arabia-----also the enslaved southeast asians---
and the boys and girls purchased in Pakistan and Indonesia
and India for "use" back home----but also ---as far as I could
figure out from saudis I have known in the USA----the bedouins
out in the desert. There are lots of very wealthy people----
generally the VERY VAST ROYAL FAMILY (like thousands
and thousands) and those "connected". I would not describe
places like BAHRAIN as third world---more like slave
societies As far as I know-----impoverished people do not
languish in the gutters over there----as they do in real third
world countries like ----algeria

Kuwait is a third world country because they want to be, the Kuwaitis are filthy rich but they are ok with having third world accomodations for most the country. Alot of the oil rich Arab countries are like this, the Kuwaitis go to their summer homes in Switzerland
and the Saudis go to Morocco to the chalets, but their countries remain third world shit holes for the most part.

I have never been to Kuwait-----or saudi arabia----but my son was in
lots of the very wealthy oil emirates when active in the US
navy. He described what he saw-----there were poor people---
but they were the enslaved southeast asians who were doing
all the work in the country. I know that there are very poor
people in Saudi arabia-----also the enslaved southeast asians---
and the boys and girls purchased in Pakistan and Indonesia
and India for "use" back home----but also ---as far as I could
figure out from saudis I have known in the USA----the bedouins
out in the desert. There are lots of very wealthy people----
generally the VERY VAST ROYAL FAMILY (like thousands
and thousands) and those "connected". I would not describe
places like BAHRAIN as third world---more like slave
societies As far as I know-----impoverished people do not
languish in the gutters over there----as they do in real third
world countries like ----algeria

I agree about Bahrain, its very small but I didn't see anything that would indicate to me that is a third world country.

Forum List

Back