Do you like winter?

Do you like winter?

• Total voters
The one thing I like about Winter is that I don't have to feel guilty about not being outside.

I always think the first snow of the season is pretty, and I love snow for Christmas. In fact Christmas just isn't Christmas to me without snow. But, after the long nights and cold days drag out, I get sick of winter real fast. I know... then what the hell am doing up here in Wisconsin if I hate winter? Well, it's a great place to live for the other three seasons. I'm just going to start heading south for a couple months in the winter now.

I sure do. We get those clear, crisp days - perfect for golf. Temperatures drop down into the low 50's, sometimes even into the 40's at night. Occasionally we get some rain but, by in large, the surf's up and it's, well, pretty much the same as just about any other time of the year.

That's why so many folks live here.

I like Fall best then Winter, then Spring then Summer. I really hate Summer in Ohio.

This last one was simply hell!

I like Fall best then Winter, then Spring then Summer. I really hate Summer in Ohio.

This last one was simply hell!

On a more serious note, I agree with you on Fall. Crisp, clear days, trees turning brilliant colors - do you know why sometimes the colors are brighter and more intense than in other Fall seasons and why trees will turn at different times of the Fall season from year to year? Everyone thinks it has to do with the temperature. It doesn't. It is a function of how much rainfall the area got during Spring and Summer.

At least, that's what we were told when we took a Fall foliage tour through New England a number of years ago.

I'm biased.

In Saskatchewan, I've seen snow in June and August. I've been through -130F (with wind chill, air temperature -85F).

If I never see snow again, that's too soon for me.

I like this post better than your first one which was identical.

I always think the first snow of the season is pretty, and I love snow for Christmas. In fact Christmas just isn't Christmas to me without snow. But, after the long nights and cold days drag out, I get sick of winter real fast. I know... then what the hell am doing up here in Wisconsin if I hate winter? Well, it's a great place to live for the other three seasons. I'm just going to start heading south for a couple months in the winter now.

A was in Tortola the week before Christmas back in ought-four. They had a little decorated palm tree and they had a native islander dressed as Santa.

It was great being in Tortola, but it wasn't Christmas at all.

Fall is the best. Light jacket, chilly nights, cool crisp days. Well, except for today. It's 75, muggy as hell and raining.

Winter is good until the last week of February. Then? It seems to just crawllll along till April. March is too indecisive for me.

Mostly, I like seasons that change. How boring to live where it's always nice. The crappy weather makes you appreciate the nice. Hmmm, that's true with a lot of things . . . . .

I like winter...in moderation. Where I grew up, we had four seasons, all equal length. It was great. I've since lived in AK, which had 9 months of winter; GA and SC, which have 1 month of almost-winter; and the Middle East, which has 12 months of summer.

I am a Summer or Spring man, like Richard III with out the humping on my back Winter is my discontent.

Thankfully in WA we really don't have a Winter.

Last edited:
The only time when I don't like winter is when I need to wake up early in the dark and cold and go out an snowblow prior to going to work and end up feeling all hot and tired to start the day.

If it is not a work day, I consider a snowblowing a fine art and the driveway covered with a pristine layer of snow is my canvas.

What is this thing you call "snow"?

The thing that you don't see when you turn on your heated driveway.

What's a shovel?

Forum List

Back