Why Women Shrug Off Lousy Sex

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Here are their reasons, what are yours?

"Women might be having sex for a dozen different reasons, only one of which might be that it feels good and is satisfying," Derogatis told LiveScience. "It's a path to intimacy, it's a path to fulfilling a role of the woman or wife, it's a means to keeping her partner happy, and on and on."

That context is what Stephenson and his co-author and adviser, UT Austin psychologist Cindy Meston, were interested in investigating. They asked 200 heterosexual undergraduate women to complete questionnaires about their relationship quality and sexual satisfaction. The results, published in August in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, suggest a woman's approach to relationships, as well as her level of intimacy with her partner, influence how distressing she'll find sexual problems.

The researchers went into the study predicting that in intimate relationships marked by trust and openness, sexual problems would be less distressing. That turned out to be true only to a point, Stephenson said. Only women who were anxious about their attachment to their partners found intimacy soothing in the face of sexual dysfunction. In women with secure attitudes about their relationships, extra intimacy didn't help.

It may be that women who are anxious about their relationship are so relieved to have intimacy, they ignore problems in bed, Stephenson said. The women who are secure, on the other hand, might put a higher priority on sex.

Naked Truth: Why Women Shrug Off Lousy Sex - Yahoo! News

So I guess the lesson here fellas is if you are having problems escaping the surely bonds of a limp dick just blame your partner's appearance and then give her a big, naked hug.

But if you feel desire falling into love, you will fuck her and then hold your naked bodies like a wedding.

*Inspired by a special woman.

Because sex is like pizza?

---

Lily Allen doesn't shrug off bad sex...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUYaosyR4bE"]It's Not Fair[/ame]

So then what turns a woman into a nymphomaniac?
Around here 10 ozs of shine and 4 or 5 bong hits does the trick :booze:

That just makes them easy, and that's not the same.

Believe me, there are women that just simply want a dick in them whenever it's possible. I had one in Tampa like that. Can't say as though I disliked it totally, she was a real babe, but sex becomes mechanical at some point. You're just doing it to do it. There's no passion. It's like a job... "oh well, here we go again." The fun of it is gone. But I'd rather be getting laid three or four times a day than three or four times a month, or not at all.

Last edited:
Here are their reasons, what are yours?

"Women might be having sex for a dozen different reasons, only one of which might be that it feels good and is satisfying," Derogatis told LiveScience. "It's a path to intimacy, it's a path to fulfilling a role of the woman or wife, it's a means to keeping her partner happy, and on and on."

That context is what Stephenson and his co-author and adviser, UT Austin psychologist Cindy Meston, were interested in investigating. They asked 200 heterosexual undergraduate women to complete questionnaires about their relationship quality and sexual satisfaction. The results, published in August in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, suggest a woman's approach to relationships, as well as her level of intimacy with her partner, influence how distressing she'll find sexual problems.

The researchers went into the study predicting that in intimate relationships marked by trust and openness, sexual problems would be less distressing. That turned out to be true only to a point, Stephenson said. Only women who were anxious about their attachment to their partners found intimacy soothing in the face of sexual dysfunction. In women with secure attitudes about their relationships, extra intimacy didn't help.

It may be that women who are anxious about their relationship are so relieved to have intimacy, they ignore problems in bed, Stephenson said. The women who are secure, on the other hand, might put a higher priority on sex.

Naked Truth: Why Women Shrug Off Lousy Sex - Yahoo! News

If I cannot be made to feel ravished, then I would just as soon forego sex. :death:

So then what turns a woman into a nymphomaniac?

Do you have a few hours to spare? Is there a limit on characters within one post?

It's that in depth? I would have thought "born that way" might be the reason.

Speaking for myself only and looking back over my life .... I can't say I was born that way. I've developed into something quite special in the eyes of my man and I'm thrilled with the results. Yet it has it's downside as well.

Environment, experience and age play a role as well ... IMHO.
When I was raising my babies, thoughts and desires for sex took a back seat. Feeling comfortable with yourself and with your partner, knowing you can speak openly and freely about your sexual desires is a gift I have been blessed with.

Do you have a few hours to spare? Is there a limit on characters within one post?

It's that in depth? I would have thought "born that way" might be the reason.

Speaking for myself only and looking back over my life .... I can't say I was born that way. I've developed into something quite special in the eyes of my man and I'm thrilled with the results. Yet it has it's downside as well.

Environment, experience and age play a role as well ... IMHO.
When I was raising my babies, thoughts and desires for sex took a back seat. Feeling comfortable with yourself and with your partner, knowing you can speak openly and freely about your sexual desires is a gift I have been blessed with.

But do you consider yourself a "nymphomaniac?" Are you insatiable with a never ending desire for sex?

Wow... well, that's my old girl friend from Tampa too. Some of our sessions between the kissing, the fondling, the fingering, the fucking and the experimenting would last hours, and then she'd be in the bathroom in the tub under the spout with heavy drip going on her clit. I was blown away when we first started having sex. I couldn't believe anybody could want it that frequently and non stop. I learned to just go with the flow and do what was humanly possible of me. I never heard her complain... :tongue:

But since her, I've never met another woman in my life that had even HALF of the sex drive that she did. I always thought that she was born that way.

Last edited:

Wow... well, that's my old girl friend from Tampa too. Some of our sessions between the kissing, the fondling, the fingering, the fucking and the experimenting would last hours, and then she'd be in the bathroom in the tub under the spout with heavy drip going on her clit. I was blown away when we first started having sex. I couldn't believe anybody could want it that frequently and non stop. I learned to just go with the flow and do what was humanly possible of me. I never heard her complain... :tongue:

But since her, I've never another woman in my life that had even HALF of the sex drive that she did. I always thought that she was born that way.

I do find time to think about school, homework, meals, housecleaning and laundry. Oh, and my career. :lol:

I hope you cum across another fine lady similar to your old girl in Tampa!

Sorry, I'm outta rep to send you Pale Rider!

Forum List

Back