Do you Favor Increasing the Topical Content of Threads? (Read OP 1st)

Would You Support a Requirement for MORE Topical Content in Every Post ?

• Yes -- Sign Me Up --- I Hate Trolls

• No Way -- It Would Stunt My Trolling Style

• I Plead the 5th -- Not gonna get me to incriminate myself

• It's Fine the Way It Is.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J
According to common courteousy we rely on your reports to help us. We aren't paid, we are volunteers. If your preference is to whine rather than fix it is your choice.
I did not whine in my initial post. One of my suggestions was misinterpreted as a foot "stamping".
Mods ask a question.
Some posters have the courtesy to try to discuss some of the issues - and then the mods TROLL the respondents :wtf:
Pointless.

I suggest that you go back and read the question that was asked in this thread. You seem to be a little confused as to what this thread is meant to discuss.
No I’m not confused. Even if you think people are going off on a tangent there’s no need to TROLL them in a thread that is about the TROLL problem!

No one is being "trolled" in this thread.
Honestly...Sassy, Tilly, and As running around tacking smilies on everything isn't stamping feet? It is pretty childish. What do you expect to accomplish with that?
Maybe the same thing you expect to accomplish when you do it to my posts and to other peoples posts?
But in this case it’s because (as is usual here) when posters are asked for their input they get treated like shit and TROLLED by some of the mods.
I find that sad and ridiculous but also rather FUNNY :funnyface:

I did not whine in my initial post. One of my suggestions was misinterpreted as a foot "stamping".
Mods ask a question.
Some posters have the courtesy to try to discuss some of the issues - and then the mods TROLL the respondents :wtf:
Pointless.

I suggest that you go back and read the question that was asked in this thread. You seem to be a little confused as to what this thread is meant to discuss.
No I’m not confused. Even if you think people are going off on a tangent there’s no need to TROLL them in a thread that is about the TROLL problem!

Maybe you're not, though from the snotty way you reply to the member's concerns, it's easy to see how people can come to that conclusion.

Your replies have all amounted to some level of mocking, statements that nothing will change, and claims that others are off-topic.

Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot

Looking over your posts, I'm starting to wonder if the staff sent you into the thread to get a rise out of the more easily bothered members, so the thread would have a reason to be closed.

Of course, to come to that conclusion, I'd have to completely ignore that this is how you always act.

It is true that I don't mince words. If that offends you, I apologize.

But you are misinterpreting the purpose of this thread. If you read the OP, it is discussing a very specific theoretical policy change. As flacaltenn noted in the OP, this thread is not meant for any and all "suggestions" or complaints - it is only to discuss changing the "content" requirements for posting.

All of the "snotty" responses of mine that you have posted were in response to suggestions outside of the topic of this thread.

Honestly...Sassy, Tilly, and As running around tacking smilies on everything isn't stamping feet? It is pretty childish. What do you expect to accomplish with that?

My post in this thread....number 31. Is that you? Sit down please

clear.png
Funny x 2
bodecea Coyote
clear.png
Thank You! x 1
jon_berzerk
clear.png
Winner x 1
miketx

And count your funnies Sassy? What is the tally? I am fully aware you are doing it to annoy and for no other reason so why? What does it accomplish Sassy?

You remind me of Stat when he would breeze back through just to troll after he left (the leftist rebellion).

Mods ask a question.
Pointless.

Maybe you're not, though from the snotty way you reply to the member's concerns, it's easy to see how people can come to that conclusion.

Your replies have all amounted to some level of mocking, statements that nothing will change, and claims that others are off-topic.

Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot

Looking over your posts, I'm starting to wonder if the staff sent you into the thread to get a rise out of the more easily bothered members, so the thread would have a reason to be closed.

Of course, to come to that conclusion, I'd have to completely ignore that this is how you always act.
It's called TROLLING!

Mods ask a question.
Pointless.

Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot

It's called TROLLING!

No, it's not.

clear.png
Funny x 2
bodecea Coyote
clear.png
Thank You! x 1
jon_berzerk
clear.png
Winner x 1
miketx

And count your funnies Sassy? What is the tally? I am fully aware you are doing it to annoy and for no other reason so why? What does it accomplish Sassy?

You remind me of Stat when he would breeze back through just to troll after he left (the leftist rebellion).
Tagging a post with a "funny" is just a simple way to reply without posting....same as "thank you", "agree", "funny and agree", "winner", "informative", and STFU.

Last edited:

clear.png
Funny x 2
bodecea Coyote
clear.png
Thank You! x 1
jon_berzerk
clear.png
Winner x 1
miketx

Because I can. Is it against the "rules"? Thinking...thinking some more...annnnnnd nope.

But if using funny is trolling have I got a list for you :rolleyes:

Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot

It's called TROLLING!

No, it's not.
Trolling refers to any Internet user behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else in order to provoke a response.

Your accusation of "foot stamping" fits the bill.

Mods ask a question.
Pointless.

Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot

It is true that I don't mince words. If that offends you, I apologize.

But you are misinterpreting the purpose of this thread. If you read the OP, it is discussing a very specific theoretical policy change. As flacaltenn noted in the OP, this thread is not meant for any and all "suggestions" or complaints - it is only to discuss changing the "content" requirements for posting.

All of the "snotty" responses of mine that you have posted were in response to suggestions outside of the topic of this thread.
I don't see mocking people as "not mincing words", I also highly doubt anyone else does, aside from the people who use it as an excuse to completely drop manners and let out their inner first grader. Of course, I wasn't saying you're not allowed to treat members like garbage, only pointing out that it's what you're doing, so claiming that nobody is trolling is completely false. So, by all means, keep doing what you're doing. I'm sure you won't annoy anyone and cause them to derail the thread. It certainly doesn't happen anytime you enter a thread and do the same thing.

I'm not misinterpreting anything, other suggestions come up as a result of discussing the first. It's called a segue, and they tend to happen in conversation. Feel free to steer the topic back in the right direction in a professional manner instead.

That being said, they were on the topic of increasing topical content, and a few of the subjects that came up were regarding staff handling of non-topical content, which is something that was mentioned in the OP in the first place, so some or all of those were on topic.

If you don't want to discuss that, I totally get it, it's fine, I just don't think you should attempt to halt discussion entirely, you can just let other staff reply.

29 to 12 - game over.
Most likely. There is not much point to this is there?

I dont think some folks are interested in fixing anything. So I am not any longer.
Clearly there were people interested in contributing to discussing the troll problem. They were then treated like garbage, told they are ‘whiners’ etc and were trolled.
Maybe that wasn’t the most respectful nor most useful response to people trying to discuss the issue, but it’s par for the course with some of you.
Then YOU whine that no one wants to solve the problem. Lol.

clear.png
Funny x 2
bodecea Coyote
clear.png
Thank You! x 1
jon_berzerk
clear.png
Winner x 1
miketx

Oh lord I could write a book with the number of Rightwingers and conspiracy theorists on this forum that make that same passive-aggressive move.

clear.png
Funny x 2
bodecea Coyote
clear.png
Thank You! x 1
jon_berzerk
clear.png
Winner x 1
miketx

Tagging a post with a "funny" is just a simple way to reply without posting....same "thank you", "agree", "funny and agree", "winner", "informative", and STFU.
No, funnies on a serious post are meant to demean the idea and insult the poster. No other reason.
It is misused so much, we should have a thumbs down button so people can stop with that mocking bullshit.
Sorry, that was off topic and would be DELETED with the new rules.

29 to 12 - game over.
Most likely. There is not much point to this is there?

I dont think some folks are interested in fixing anything. So I am not any longer.
I'd say so. The votes are in, so IMO, I think we should leave it alone with the only change implemented being allowing invitation only moderated groups.

I think it's time to either close this experiment or get back to the question of whether the MEMBERS would prefer to discourage trolling by having us raise the standard we use for post TOPICAL CONTENT. That's the TOPIC of this thread. Not general mod whipping..

I have seen some of the regular trolls here write 500 word essays in an OP.

The amount of content in the OP may help reduce lazy trolls ...
Or it may just encourage more wasted bandwidth ... When they can say the same stupid shit in less words.

Again, what folks what to discuss or the level at which they choose to discuss -- does not EVER make them trolls.

But yeah.. Similar to this "thought experiment" --- you could raise the standards for Opening Posts and require more personal input or to put tighter boundaries around what is to be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back