Do you drink soda? STOP THAT SHIT AT ONCE!

That crap is in almost everything.
Meant to keep people addicted and craving more.
Been tying to avoid it more, and am amazed by how many products contain it.

Still like Coke with my whiskey.
Hard to find the cane sugar type.

I know it's in many things, which is all the more reason to cut out a good portion of it by avoiding soft drinks. Soft drinks have such gigantic amounts that at the very least, you're cutting a good portion of HFCS from your diet by avoiding them.

Suck it clown

View attachment 219174

Interesting that conservative/ right wingers are the ones who most often ridicule the science and evidence that supports avoiding certain substances - as well as government regulation intended to control them- while calling us liberals science deniers. The only thing that I don't know for sure is why. There are three theories that I can Identify:

1. They are just that stupid and delusional and incapable of understanding the science - that would include many things besides food such as climate change and environmental protection in general\

2. They know that their position is bovine excrement but deny the science in order to bolster the bottom line of industries that poison us with environmental emission, bad food and drugs that do more harm than good. All that matter is short term gain a fuck the long term consequences

3. They are rabidly anti government and believe that anything that government does, says , or tries to regulate is evil. They don't care about the consequences. Oppose government at all costs. These are the same fools who won't use seat belts because " the gubberment" cant tell me what to do!

So which is it?

You suck it too
15382560498152117742057.jpg

clown

Giant amounts of high-fructose corn syrup are proven to have bizarre, long-term health effects on most vital organs, that is a fact. The reason it's harmless when you eat fruit is that the physical structure of fruit fibers actually prevents your intestines from absorbing the majority of the fructose; you taste the fructose in your mouth, but your body absorbs very little of it. When you're thirsty, do what I do: have a massive vessel of condensation-dripping icewater next to you at all times. Very refreshing. And when I'm feeling really bold, I squeeze a tiny spurt of lemon juice into my icy water slush.

Let me tell you a true anecdote: back in 2016 I had a blood test in the Dr. office and most of my cholesterol levels were perfectly normal except my highly elevated triglycerides (which in itself doesn't cause heart disease, but they can cause build up of bad cholesterols that do cause heart disease). It didn't take me much Internet homework to learn that HFCS is the ultimate triglyceride bogeyman villain. So I completely quit soft drinks rights then and there forever. Then only a few months later I had another blood test and my triglyceride levels were cut in HALF, almost back down to a normal level. And my only lifestyle difference was my lack of daily soft drinks. At the very least, it's food for thought.

When thirsty, drink icewater, not soda. I can't stress that enough.
All that info must come from the state of Calif, the land of nuts.
Nuts are healthy Especially almonds.

That's good to hear because I gobble up dry-roasted (or sometimes honey-roasted) peanuts all day every day for as long as I can remember. Dry-roasted peanuts are best when you sprinkle a light layer of garlic salt on them. Yes I know peanuts are not technically a real nut, they're a legume, but the general spirit still stands I think.

I know it's in many things, which is all the more reason to cut out a good portion of it by avoiding soft drinks. Soft drinks have such gigantic amounts that at the very least, you're cutting a good portion of HFCS from your diet by avoiding them.

Suck it clown

View attachment 219174

Interesting that conservative/ right wingers are the ones who most often ridicule the science and evidence that supports avoiding certain substances - as well as government regulation intended to control them- while calling us liberals science deniers. The only thing that I don't know for sure is why. There are three theories that I can Identify:

1. They are just that stupid and delusional and incapable of understanding the science - that would include many things besides food such as climate change and environmental protection in general\

2. They know that their position is bovine excrement but deny the science in order to bolster the bottom line of industries that poison us with environmental emission, bad food and drugs that do more harm than good. All that matter is short term gain a fuck the long term consequences

3. They are rabidly anti government and believe that anything that government does, says , or tries to regulate is evil. They don't care about the consequences. Oppose government at all costs. These are the same fools who won't use seat belts because " the gubberment" cant tell me what to do!

So which is it?

You suck it tooView attachment 219337

clown

Brilliant as always! Just fucking brilliant!! What special ed. academy did you flunk out of?

Giant amounts of high-fructose corn syrup are proven to have bizarre, long-term health effects on most vital organs, that is a fact. The reason it's harmless when you eat fruit is that the physical structure of fruit fibers actually prevents your intestines from absorbing the majority of the fructose; you taste the fructose in your mouth, but your body absorbs very little of it. When you're thirsty, do what I do: have a massive vessel of condensation-dripping icewater next to you at all times. Very refreshing. And when I'm feeling really bold, I squeeze a tiny spurt of lemon juice into my icy water slush.

Let me tell you a true anecdote: back in 2016 I had a blood test in the Dr. office and most of my cholesterol levels were perfectly normal except my highly elevated triglycerides (which in itself doesn't cause heart disease, but they can cause build up of bad cholesterols that do cause heart disease). It didn't take me much Internet homework to learn that HFCS is the ultimate triglyceride bogeyman villain. So I completely quit soft drinks rights then and there forever. Then only a few months later I had another blood test and my triglyceride levels were cut in HALF, almost back down to a normal level. And my only lifestyle difference was my lack of daily soft drinks. At the very least, it's food for thought.

That's good to hear because I gobble up dry-roasted (or sometimes honey-roasted) peanuts all day every day for as long as I can remember. Dry-roasted peanuts are best when you sprinkle a light layer of garlic salt on them. Yes I know peanuts are not technically a real nut, they're a legume, but the general spirit still stands I think.
Garlic! Yes! I put copious amounts of garlic in and on everything starting with eggs in the morning.

Suck it clown

View attachment 219174

So which is it?

You suck it tooView attachment 219337

clown

Not to defend any liberal like ProgressivePatriot, but is your only cognitive mechanism online to tell people, "suck it, clown"? Don't you liberal, erudite, Mensa-member, Ivy-league-graduate trolls have anything better to offer?

Most people dont realize that soda has to be transported as a hazmat danger. That shit will literally kill you regular or diet.
Wtf? lol

Where did you hear that?
From a guy I know that works for Coca Cola.
Works great on car battery corrosion, eats that crap right off the terminals.
Yep. Cleans rust really well.

Years ago one morning I remember some guy standing near my co-worker enjoying his Coke. "I never drink coffee" he said proudly "but I always enjoy my Coke in the morning" .

"You know" said my co-worker without looking up, "if you drop a cockroach in there it dissolves".

The guy put his Coke down and walked away slowly.

Dont know if you guys already know but Tumeric is awesome. I've been taking it for about a year now and can play full court basketball again. Before I started taking it my knee was really painful and I was taking Advil everyday until I found out what it does to you.

Dont know if you guys already know but Tumeric is awesome. I've been taking it for about a year now and can play full court basketball again. Before I started taking it my knee was really painful and I was taking Advil everyday until I found out what it does to you.

Yep, I've heard that. Can't really judge by experiment as I make a lot of curries so I get turmeric regularly, besides what's in the mustard.

I had sore knees a while back. Climbing stairs got painful. Started taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM for a while and that all went away. Hasn't come back.

Yep, I've heard that. Can't really judge by experiment as I make a lot of curries so I get turmeric regularly, besides what's in the mustard.

I had sore knees a while back. Climbing stairs got painful. Started taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM for a while and that all went away. Hasn't come back.
The Tumeric has to have pepper (bioprene) in order for the body to absorb it properly otherwise it literally goes down the toilet. My knee will never come back. Its just about pain management for me. I will check out that stuff though. Is there a brand name as well?

Gee whiz. Why does the best tasting stuff have to be so bad for a person? Cherry Coke is my most favorite. I am drinking it right now.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yup, I take Turmeric gel caps daily. It may well have aided my recovery from back surgery in March,

I've spent much of my adult life working in various medical-paperwork-bureaucrat jobs and two medical absolutes I've noticed A.) Every lung cancer victim has been an 80-something senior who massively smoked their entire life and B.) Senior citizen patients who guzzle Coca-Cola (including a few of my older, late relatives) are always riddled with nagging, chronic, weird health problems throughout their bodies on and on. There is no reason to believe any good can happen to you from drinking a Coke, no matter what anyone here thinks of me.
Some people are just willfully ignorant. You just ignore their idiocy.

Tell people once. After that, let them learn the hard way.

harperlee1.jpg

Only trying to help with general health. I assume there are some smart people out there that will take some common-sense advice.

You will die at 50 meanwhile I am still ticking along at 53...

This reminds me of what always cracked me up of James Fix ( hey I just realized I out lived him)

JAMES F. FIXX DIES JOGGING; AUTHOR ON RUNNING WAS 52

:iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg:I'm 71 and still doing everything that I did at 40! I go to the gym, run, garden, have great sex, and I have not gone near a soda or a cheeseburger in decades.

The main thing is, we need laws telling us what to eat and drink. Otherwise, we'll just get confused and do it wrong.

No, you misunderstand me, I don't want any new laws telling us what to eat and drink. I'm perfectly capable of making those health choices on my own without a governmental babysitter. I'm simply offering some good health advice for anyone who's interested. But if a person wants to drink a case of Coca-cola a day, that's their body, I don't really care. I'm simply about putting some common-sense health advice in this thread. You can take it or leave it, it's your body.

Funny thing is, bad food often comes in at no tax paid, like McDonalds, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Mars, you name it, these giant sugar giants won't be paying much in the way of tax at any level.

Healthy food on the other hand will more often than not be paying the full whack.

There's something wrong with a country that's like that.

Gee whiz. Why does the best tasting stuff have to be so bad for a person? Cherry Coke is my most favorite. I am drinking it right now.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Good! Drink Up ! One less conservative, reactionary voter soon!
Been drinking soda for 50 years still here still kicking still no major diseases. Go figure.

The Tumeric has to have pepper (bioprene) in order for the body to absorb it properly otherwise it literally goes down the toilet. My knee will never come back. Its just about pain management for me. I will check out that stuff though. Is there a brand name as well?

Nope, it's the element Glucosamine, usually paired with Chondroitin and ideally also with MSM under various makers. What it does as I understand is repairs the cartilage in the joints especially in cases of arthritis. You take it with meals for a while (I want to say like several weeks) and when it gets better you can discontinue.

Nope, it's the element Glucosamine, usually paired with Chondroitin and ideally also with MSM under various makers. What it does as I understand is repairs the cartilage in the joints especially in cases of arthritis. You take it with meals for a while (I want to say like several weeks) and when it gets better you can discontinue.

This look like the same stuff?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GVJK3XW/?tag=ff0d01-20

Forum List

Back