Do you drink soda? STOP THAT SHIT AT ONCE!

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Giant amounts of high-fructose corn syrup are proven to have bizarre, long-term health effects on most vital organs, that is a fact. The reason it's harmless when you eat fruit is that the physical structure of fruit fibers actually prevents your intestines from absorbing the majority of the fructose; you taste the fructose in your mouth, but your body absorbs very little of it. When you're thirsty, do what I do: have a massive vessel of condensation-dripping icewater next to you at all times. Very refreshing. And when I'm feeling really bold, I squeeze a tiny spurt of lemon juice into my icy water slush.

Let me tell you a true anecdote: back in 2016 I had a blood test in the Dr. office and most of my cholesterol levels were perfectly normal except my highly elevated triglycerides (which in itself doesn't cause heart disease, but they can cause build up of bad cholesterols that do cause heart disease). It didn't take me much Internet homework to learn that HFCS is the ultimate triglyceride bogeyman villain. So I completely quit soft drinks rights then and there forever. Then only a few months later I had another blood test and my triglyceride levels were cut in HALF, almost back down to a normal level. And my only lifestyle difference was my lack of daily soft drinks. At the very least, it's food for thought.

When thirsty, drink icewater, not soda. I can't stress that enough.

Giant amounts of high-fructose corn syrup are proven to have bizarre, long-term health effects on most vital organs, that is a fact. The reason it's harmless when you eat fruit is that the physical structure of fruit fibers actually prevents your intestines from absorbing the majority of the fructose; you taste the fructose in your mouth, but your body absorbs very little of it. When you're thirsty, do what I do: have a massive vessel of condensation-dripping icewater next to you at all times. Very refreshing. And when I'm feeling really bold, I squeeze a tiny spurt of lemon juice into my icy water slush.

Let me tell you a true anecdote: back in 2016 I had a blood test in the Dr. office and most of my cholesterol levels were perfectly normal except my highly elevated triglycerides (which in itself doesn't cause heart disease, but they can cause build up of bad cholesterols that do cause heart disease). It didn't take me much Internet homework to learn that HFCS is the ultimate triglyceride bogeyman villain. So I completely quit soft drinks rights then and there forever. Then only a few months later I had another blood test and my triglyceride levels were cut in HALF, almost back down to a normal level. And my only lifestyle difference was my lack of daily soft drinks. At the very least, it's food for thought.

Most people dont realize that soda has to be transported as a hazmat danger. That shit will literally kill you regular or diet.

Most people dont realize that soda has to be transported as a hazmat danger. That shit will literally kill you regular or diet.
Wtf? lol

Where did you hear that?

That crap is in almost everything.
Meant to keep people addicted and craving more.
Been tying to avoid it more, and am amazed by how many products contain it.

Still like Coke with my whiskey.
Hard to find the cane sugar type.

Wtf? lol

Where did you hear that?
From a guy I know that works for Coca Cola.

So have I been informed by my internist and my ear, nose and throat doctor.

I honestly never knew that.

I honestly never knew that.
Yeah that was my last soda about 20 years ago.

Wtf? lol

Where did you hear that?
Works great on car battery corrosion, eats that crap right off the terminals.

That crap is in almost everything.
Meant to keep people addicted and craving more.
Been tying to avoid it more, and am amazed by how many products contain it.

Still like Coke with my whiskey.
Hard to find the cane sugar type.

I know it's in many things, which is all the more reason to cut out a good portion of it by avoiding soft drinks. Soft drinks have such gigantic amounts that at the very least, you're cutting a good portion of HFCS from your diet by avoiding them.

Wtf? lol

Where did you hear that?

Hahaha, I'll just bet it does!

Wtf? lol

Where did you hear that?
Yep. Cleans rust really well.

I occasionally drink ginger ale. Most sodas I find to be too sweet

Usually ice water with lemon

Forum List

Back