Do You Doubt Your Salvation?

Do I doubt my salvation? Yes I do, in fact I am kind of sure that I will end up in hell.

I pray a lot for all things live or inanimate, that they meet their place in God.

But I know how Satan gains ownership over you, and it can easily take your entire life or more to shake that off.

The Word of God says that Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Jesus Christ can break those chains in a split second - less than that actually. Satan has no claim of ownership over you because he didn't die on the cross for your sins. You owe him nothing. Satan was defeated at the cross 2,000 years ago. The demons do not like to be reminded of that. Jesus Christ took the keys to hell and death. He's got those keys. Not Satan.
I would like to see this more often. I think it is prayer to Jesus Christ that keeps the power of your reference running. I don't know whether things that don't belong to hell but get destroyed could actually end up in hell, for example in the story of Job, his destroyed animals, things, and family members, ... didn't they all need prayer to avoid hell before a prayer about Job himself?
Job interceded for his family - in this Job represents a picture of Jesus Christ who is our advocate before the Father in heaven. Jesus is our intercessor. Job had prayed for his children faithfully up until the day they died. Again it is a picture of what Jesus does for his family here on earth.

I have not spent much time on criticism of the Bible, I have concentrated on the Quran. But I know there has been much Bible criticism over many years by scholars, and they have found many faults with it. Both the old and new testament. Not something you would expect from a book supposedly inspired by God.
Criticism and inconsistency is within every ancient text. Can humans think, interpret, and write about anything without inviting criticism? Even nature itself shows inconsistencies within itself, e.g. Wave dynamic and quantum mechanics. The Quran did a huge disservice to itself by destroying all its diverse early versions. Luckily, the conclave of Nicaea was not that successful.

Do I doubt my salvation? No.

Am I going to Heaven? No. I'm going to Nirvana, because Buddha said I can.

However, I might drop by Heaven to visit with Jesus if He's available.

Job is a deep book. Although some text may appear to contradict after more study it is discovered that there is no contradiction. In fact, Kent Hovind does a great teaching on that subject. I recently watched a youtube video about it.

Job is a deep book. Although some text may appear to contradict after more study it is discovered that there is no contradiction. In fact, Kent Hovind does a great teaching on that subject. I recently watched a youtube video about it.
Not only is Job deep, but also is the most relevant in modern times, I think. I don't really see contradictions in that book. It has a very close parallel to many lives in Europe today.

Not only is Job deep, but also is the most relevant in modern times, I think. I don't really see contradictions in that book. It has a very close parallel to many lives in Europe today.
I find it relevant. Yes. When Satan petitioned God it wasn't on the grounds of Job's sins but rather on the grounds of wanting to test his righteousness. The Scriptures tell us that Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Now Satan does not accuse Believers on earth of what they have not done but what they have done. He uses the Word of God like a law book and then reminds God of what His Word says about that particular sin and what the punishments of that sin are. (there are some examples of this in Proverbs - sin and the punishments of sin) Then he petitions God for permission to attack that Believer on those grounds. Once granted that permission he then attacks that believer. The believer has left themselves open to that attack because of the disobedience / unrepented sin in their life. Satan has to have grounds to attack the saints of God or otherwise petition on the grounds of testing our righteousness as I understand it. So this is the blessing of obeying God and living a holy life.
It is written:
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
1 John 5:8

Here we see that whosoever is born of God keeps himself from sin. He keeps himself from it. He disciplines his mind to think on things that are holy and of good report, he lives the Proverbs 1 example of the holy. Then the wicked one (Satan) cannot touch him. It is only when the hedge had been taken down with our own hands that the enemy is able to "touch us." Otherwise? He cannot. We know this because it is written. God's Word will not return back unto Him void. Now what if there is something I have done and Satan has found grounds to attack? Then there is mercy. Here is the Scripture:

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Matthew 5:7

Now I can return back to God and petition God on the grounds of my having been merciful towards my enemies. I can remind God that I have fasted and prayed for my accusers, I have returned good for their evil. Now the Lord considers this and here is the next scripture which rules in my favor......

For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.
James 2:13

And in this, if God agrees that I have been merciful, the case against me is thrown out. Satan still cannot touch me. Why? Because mercy triumphs over judgment! Hallelujah!

So Satan comes at me with accusations before God but I can also go before the Lord and plead my case. This can also be done on the behalf of others, in prayer. It is good to pray for others because it is by prayer that souls are saved, lives are saved, accidents averted, people acquitted, people are healed, righteous judgments delivered and so on... What a privilege it is to pray. People really should consider the honor God has granted His people.

Jeri;

Think back to before you were born.

That is what it will be like after you die.

You can't think back that far. As a matter of fact, you can't remember anything that happened to you before age 2. Why? Simple..............the long term memory portion of your brain doesn't form until then.

Got that little fact off of a PBS program called "9 Months That Made You". It comes in 2 parts, and if you can catch it, I highly recommend it.

Actually, that's kind of my point.

Before birth there was nothing, After death there will be nothing.

On the flip side.

I remember certain things back to about age one.

The brain develops, it isn't an on or off situation.
How do you know? What is your reference? What will happen if you are wrong?

Forum List

Back