Do you do sports?

Here's a weird thing about the term "sports".

Yesterday I was going to a baseball field, so I asked my GPS to look for 'sports venues'. It gave me yoga centers, fitness centers, stuff like that, no listing for a fricking BASEBALL FIELD. And prior to that I was in a doctor's waiting room where one of the magazines referred to "sportsmen" meaning a man with a gun.

It's as if words have no meaning. Fortunately I knew the name of the baseball field and got it that way.

I have a black belt in cane pole fishing and a brown belt in drinking beer.

I am a couple months shy of 70. I golf, bowl, and bicycle regularly. I recently stopped playing tennis due to a serious hamstring injury. Honestly don't know whether I will ever be able to play tennis again without re-injuring myself.

I exercise at a gym three days a week (weight lifting, stretching, body-weight exercises, cardio...total one hour).

Martial arts are a legitimate sport and an excellent form of exercise.

Absolutely. Bowling, bocce, craps are all great sports for guys in the 60's or even older.

martial arts like Karate or Kick Boxing?
Any kind of activity is good, especially if you work in an office, then you need to do at least a walk. I train in the gym several times a week, I feel very good from this, sometimes (rarely) I do cardio workouts, and sometimes a crossfit.

Depends on the sport ...

ad_124768450-640x275.jpg

I think dancing or kickboxing is a great way to keep fit, but if you want to lose weight by more than 15 pounds, then you need to work harder and pay more attention to cardio exercises. The most budgetary cardio workout is running. I run every morning for 20-40 minutes. But before you start jogging, you need to read more on the Internet about how not to harm your health. For example, on this portal waterbladderbag.com the article describes how to deal with dehydration after a quick run. You really lose a lot of salt and water with sweat and this should be replenished in your body. You also need special running shoes that will remove the load from your knees and distribute the load correctly across your body.

I coach basketball so sometimes i jump in and play. I play pickleball, have just started playing that a bout a year ago and a group of us play at the Y or on the outdoor courts. We have a great time. I like to hike and bicycle. For exercise, i do the treadmill usually.

Yesterday I was going to a baseball field, so I asked my GPS to look for 'sports venues'. It gave me yoga centers, fitness centers, stuff like that, no listing for a fricking BASEBALL FIELD. And prior to that I was in a doctor's waiting room where one of the magazines referred to "sportsmen" meaning a man with a gun.

It's as if words have no meaning. Fortunately I knew the name of the baseball field and got it that way.

I play mean hand of Mahjong...

Forum List

Back