Do you Believe that there is Extraterrestrial Life?

Do you believe that there is alien life in outer space?

• No, the rest of the universeis void of life

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Yes, but it is not intelligent life

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Yes, there is intelligent life, similar to our own species

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Yes, the smart aliens likely observe us

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Yes, the smart aliens are already in communication with governemnt leaders secretly

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I dunno, whats on American Idol?

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Define life. I don't think we truly understand the extent to which the universe itself is alive. I don't think life is an accident. And I don't think we are the only place in the universe where higher forms of life have formed. Irregardless we have already sent life into space so the question is somewhat moot.

I believe that we will find life on our own solar system, such as on one of Saturn or Jupiter's moons. It will not of course, be sentient life.

I firmly believe two things about extra terrestrials:

1. We have never been visited
2. We are the line sentient beings in this galaxy perhaps even in this universe.

I believe that we will find life on our own solar system, such as on one of Saturn or Jupiter's moons. It will not of course, be sentient life.

2. We are the line sentient beings in this galaxy perhaps even in this universe.

It's awkward how your beliefs become "firm" when they're NECESSARILY speculation, and bad speculation at that based on probabilities and sheer size.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 68

It's awkward how your beliefs become "firm" when they're NECESSARILY speculation, and bad speculation at that based on probabilities and sheer size.

Why is it awkward for you? What do you care? Interesting.

If you think my belief isn't based on probability, then you are lacking facts. Probability is how the scientists who agree with me, developed the Rare Earth Hypoethesis, that is the basis of my belief.

I think you have to be delusional to imagine that ONLY one planet in the universe is the sole place with LIFE on it.

i think there is life all over the place in the universe

Me, too.

I suspect that it's damned hard for the universe to create any environment where something like life won't eventually show up.

What IS life, anyway?

In its most abstract form, its intelligence (a set of instructions) that had found a way to repeat copies of itself, or can create species similar copies of itself.

The smart aliens use Earth as a Reality TV show. Humans are so fucking stupid we're the #1 Comedy in the Cosmos

If you think my belief isn't based on probability, then you are lacking facts. Probability is how the scientists who agree with me, developed the Rare Earth Hypoethesis, that is the basis of my belief.

The rare earth hypothesis has been gone.

We've been finding earth like planets in their goldilock zones' for a few years now.

We've been finding earth like planets in their goldilock zones' for a few years now.

No we have not. If we have, link it.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 67

do your own research before commenting so assertively on a topic, hey?

https://www.google.com/#q=new+planets+found+in+goldilocks+zone

anyone with "firm" belief that we're the only intelligent life doesn't have much of a "firm" grasp on how big of a stretch they need to make for said belief to be "firm."

I suppose that if there is intelligent life in the cosmos, it should be intelligent enough to stay away from us.

You cant link it......Every time I try I get sites from wake job ancient alien blogs....Seems I was wrong about Venus....They say there may have BEEN plant life there. But they did fins bacteria from mars I think.

anyone with "firm" belief that we're the only intelligent life doesn't have much of a "firm" grasp on how big of a stretch they need to make for said belief to be "firm."

I'll let YOU stick to the veiled insults and condescending tones.

These articles are all about the same one planet. If you understood the Rare Earth Hypothesis at all you would know that there is much more to it that finding an earth sized planet the correct distance from its star. I am not impressed by this find at all. Whether it make you feel awkward or not, my belief stands firm. And I am supported by the fact that there have been no contact or any evidence supporting the belief that sentient beings exist at all anywhere.

Hey, someone has to be number one.

These articles are all about the same one planet. If you understood the Rare Earth Hypothesis at all you would know that there is much more to it that finding an earth sized planet the correct distance from its star. I am not impressed by this find at all. Whether it make you feel awkward or not, my belief stands firm. And I am supported by the fact that there have been no contact or any evidence supporting the belief that sentient beings exist at all anywhere.

aliens....to the left of us...aliens to the right of us.....look if they can master space travel etc and so forth...why not just announce that they are here...

Woo. If we're #1 the universe is in deep doo-doo. :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back