Zone1 Christians, Do You Believe That There Is Life Out There?

Do You Believe In Aliens?

• Total voters
In the garden God found Caine had killed Abel. He sent him out 'there". Kid said : If I go out "there' They'll kill me. They WHO ?wasn't it just Adam, Eve and 2 brats ?
No. Them were There.
They still are. Them Ownz you.
Where is them from ? There.
OK> Go study 4-5 hours, preferable in an Aramaic-Gringo tranzducilator book.
Come back and I may need to elaborate a lil bit
My understanding is that Adam and Eve were not the first humans created. They were the first with a soul. There were people living outside of Eden. Cain married a woman from the Land of Nod, east of Eden.

Yes. But perhaps
A different Christian than you are used to.

One of the reasons I asked is because in the book of Proverbs there's quite a bit on wisdom and how that's not always the same thing as our own understanding. A lot of things that I once believed made perfect sense to me at the time... but then years later I realized I was wrong about some things. And I would've called some of those previous views "common sense", or even conventional wisdom.

I still have a ton to learn, don't get me wrong. But something I've concluded is that truth is not always what you'd expect it to be. In fact, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. Anyway, just my 2 ¢.

Pastor Matt Brown has a point, Jesus isn't of this world so He might possibly be considered as extra terrestrial. I also believe that although the Bible never said that there's life on other planets, it never said that there isn't and it would be a waste of space if there wasn't. Sorry, I forgot to rewind it so you'll probably have to as well.

I don't know that I would call Jesus "extra-terrestrial". It's probably not technically wrong---but it feels like "alien", and Jesus was not that. He was human--one of us. But also divine.

At any rate--we don't know if God also created other worlds. To go out on a limb, to me the Bible reads as if He did not, but also does not explicitly say that. So, there is no way to know for sure.

However, just saying "look how big the universe is" is not an argument for "we can't be all that is". Kinda funny though--unbelievers hate that kind of argument when Christians do it. heh

Ephesians 3:10, : His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms.

So, what does that verse have to do with this topic?

I don't know that I would call Jesus "extra-terrestrial". It's probably not technically wrong---but it feels like "alien", and Jesus was not that. He was human--one of us. But also divine.

Yeah, I know, it sounded off to me too. Extra terrestrial only means not of this world though which is confusing in the case of Jesus because like you already said, He was human and of the world and yet at the same time He wasn't because He was and is God and from Heaven which is a whole different dimension.

Other books?

The so-called lost books of the Bible are those documents that are mentioned in the Bible in such a way that it is evident they were considered authentic and valuable but that are not found in the Bible today. Sometimes called missing scripture, they consist of at least the following: book of the Wars of the Lord (Num. 21:14); book of Jasher (Josh. 10:13; 2 Sam. 1:18); book of the acts of Solomon (1 Kgs. 11:41); book of Samuel the seer (1 Chr. 29:29); book of Gad the seer (1 Chr. 29:29); book of Nathan the prophet (1 Chr. 29:29; 2 Chr. 9:29); prophecy of Ahijah (2 Chr. 9:29); visions of Iddo the seer (2 Chr. 9:29; 12:15; 13:22); book of Shemaiah (2 Chr. 12:15); book of Jehu (2 Chr. 20:34); sayings of the seers (2 Chr. 33:19); an epistle of Paul to the Corinthians, earlier than our present 1 Corinthians (1 Cor. 5:9); possibly an earlier epistle to the Ephesians (Eph. 3:3); an epistle to the Church at Laodicea (Col. 4:16); and some prophecies of Enoch, known to Jude (Jude 1:14). To these rather clear references to inspired writings other than our current Bible may be added another list that has allusions to writings that may or may not be contained within our present text but may perhaps be known by a different title; for example, the book of the covenant (Ex. 24:7), which may or may not be included in the current book of Exodus; the manner of the kingdom, written by Samuel (1 Sam. 10:25); the rest of the acts of Uzziah written by Isaiah (2 Chr. 26:22).

The foregoing items attest to the fact that our present Bible does not contain all of the word of the Lord that He gave to His people in former times and remind us that the Bible, in its present form, is rather incomplete.

Matthew’s reference to a prophecy that Jesus would be a Nazarene (2:23) is interesting when it is considered that our present Old Testament seems to have no statement as such. There is a possibility, however, that Matthew alluded to Isa. 11:1, which prophesies of the Messiah as a Branch from the root of Jesse, the father of David. The Hebrew word for branch in this case is netzer, the source word of Nazarene and Nazareth. Additional references to the Branch as the Savior and Messiah are found in Jer. 23:5; 33:15; Zech. 3:8; 6:12; these use a synonymous Hebrew word for branch, tzemakh.

The Book of Mormon makes reference to writings of Old Testament times and connection that are not found in the Bible, the Book of Mormon, or in any other known source. These writings are of Zenock, Zenos, and Neum (1 Ne. 19:10; Alma 33:3–17). An extensive prophecy by Joseph in Egypt (which is not in the Bible) is also apparent from 2 Ne. 3:4–22, and a prophecy of Jacob (not found in the Bible) is given in Alma 46:24–26. These writings were evidently contained on the plates of brass spoken of in the Book of Mormon (1 Ne. 5:10–13).​

Pastor Matt Brown has a point, Jesus isn't of this world so He might possibly be considered as extra terrestrial. I also believe that although the Bible never said that there's life on other planets, it never said that there isn't and it would be a waste of space if there wasn't. Sorry, I forgot to rewind it so you'll probably have to as well.

You are standing on and in God's unabridged word. God's creation aka nature waists nothing. No way a universe that goes on to infinity is devoid of life.

The so-called lost books of the Bible are those documents that are mentioned in the Bible in such a way that it is evident they were considered authentic and valuable but that are not found in the Bible today. Sometimes called missing scripture, they consist of at least the following: book of the Wars of the Lord (Num. 21:14); book of Jasher (Josh. 10:13; 2 Sam. 1:18); book of the acts of Solomon (1 Kgs. 11:41); book of Samuel the seer (1 Chr. 29:29); book of Gad the seer (1 Chr. 29:29); book of Nathan the prophet (1 Chr. 29:29; 2 Chr. 9:29); prophecy of Ahijah (2 Chr. 9:29); visions of Iddo the seer (2 Chr. 9:29; 12:15; 13:22); book of Shemaiah (2 Chr. 12:15); book of Jehu (2 Chr. 20:34); sayings of the seers (2 Chr. 33:19); an epistle of Paul to the Corinthians, earlier than our present 1 Corinthians (1 Cor. 5:9); possibly an earlier epistle to the Ephesians (Eph. 3:3); an epistle to the Church at Laodicea (Col. 4:16); and some prophecies of Enoch, known to Jude (Jude 1:14). To these rather clear references to inspired writings other than our current Bible may be added another list that has allusions to writings that may or may not be contained within our present text but may perhaps be known by a different title; for example, the book of the covenant (Ex. 24:7), which may or may not be included in the current book of Exodus; the manner of the kingdom, written by Samuel (1 Sam. 10:25); the rest of the acts of Uzziah written by Isaiah (2 Chr. 26:22).

The foregoing items attest to the fact that our present Bible does not contain all of the word of the Lord that He gave to His people in former times and remind us that the Bible, in its present form, is rather incomplete.

Matthew’s reference to a prophecy that Jesus would be a Nazarene (2:23) is interesting when it is considered that our present Old Testament seems to have no statement as such. There is a possibility, however, that Matthew alluded to Isa. 11:1, which prophesies of the Messiah as a Branch from the root of Jesse, the father of David. The Hebrew word for branch in this case is netzer, the source word of Nazarene and Nazareth. Additional references to the Branch as the Savior and Messiah are found in Jer. 23:5; 33:15; Zech. 3:8; 6:12; these use a synonymous Hebrew word for branch, tzemakh.

The Book of Mormon makes reference to writings of Old Testament times and connection that are not found in the Bible, the Book of Mormon, or in any other known source. These writings are of Zenock, Zenos, and Neum (1 Ne. 19:10; Alma 33:3–17). An extensive prophecy by Joseph in Egypt (which is not in the Bible) is also apparent from 2 Ne. 3:4–22, and a prophecy of Jacob (not found in the Bible) is given in Alma 46:24–26. These writings were evidently contained on the plates of brass spoken of in the Book of Mormon (1 Ne. 5:10–13).

I am not familiar with any of these books. I'll have to defer to people who are, and people I trust who teach on these things.

So, what does that verse have to do with this topic?

Yeah, I know, it sounded off to me too. Extra terrestrial only means not of this world though which is confusing in the case of Jesus because like you already said, He was human and of the world and yet at the same time He wasn't because He was and is God and from Heaven which is a whole different dimension.

Ephesians 3:10, : His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms.

Who will God's children be manifesting God's word to in Heavenly places? Angel's already manifest His word. We are the ones referred to as the church. So, who are the rulers and authorities to whom we will be manifesting the wisdom of God's word? Who are they ruling over, and who do they have authority over? The Church will help Jesus rule and reign on earth, but that's an earthly place. I can't help but believe that the Creator kept on creating. We are unique in that we were designated His children. He created what we call angels. I just wonder who or what else He created.
And yet:
This universe was created specifically for man, and the time will come when God will burn up this universe and create a new one. So if there are other creations, there may have to be other universes to house them in.
We just aren't privy to that information. All we can do is speculate.

Non believers are itching to have an alien that seeded the earth. Under our defination of alien, we have one. God isn't from here, but He seeded this place with His children. And explained to us that we are merely sojourners here, and that our home is in the same dimension that He is in. He IS one they are looking for.

Jesus became human and was of this earth for just a little while to perform the duty of a kinsman redeemer. He is now a human in a glorified human body, back home where He was, long before He became human or before there was an earth. That is alien to us... He's not from here. He came here.

The poll doesn't have enough options, btw. It's not as simple as yes or no. It depends on how you're defining "aliens." Do otherworldy beings exist? Absolutely. Are they what most on this thread think they are? Nope.

But go ahead and believe what all the most corrupt institutions on this earth are promoting, either subtly or overtly. Good luck with that. :113:

But go ahead and believe what all the most corrupt institutions on this earth are promoting, either subtly or overtly. Good luck with that. :113:

Was that the Christian way for flipping us off? -____-

At any rate--we don't know if God also created other worlds. To go out on a limb, to me the Bible reads as if He did not, but also does not explicitly say that. So, there is no way to know for sure.

However, just saying "look how big the universe is" is not an argument for "we can't be all that is". Kinda funny though--unbelievers hate that kind of argument when Christians do it. heh

I always appreciate your posts. Even if we don't always agree, you're always the voice of reason and sanity in a sea of madness and confusion. lol

Forum List

Back