Do you believe that aliens have visited Earth?

Do you believe that aliens have visited Earth?

• I think aliens visited Earth long ago, but we haven't had contact with them since

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I think aliens have been coming to Earth for a very long time and have mostly remained undetected

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Not only do I think aliens come to Earth, but I think aliens are living among us, disguised as human

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I do not believe that aliens have ever visited Earth, but I think aliens exist out there in space

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I don't think intelligent life exists anywhere outside of Earth

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other: Explain

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I have always had a weakness for peanuts. Yummy, but I doubt a peanut has self awareness like a cow, pig or a sheep. let alone a tuna or a salmon. I am sure they are self aware as living beings and deserve respect too. Just like your dog, cat or goldfish. But as far as aliens from planet X, I hope they are vegetarians or smarter than humans. We might be just as delicious to them with little or no redeeming features . We might not even make great pets.

Last edited:
I have always had a weakness for peanuts. Yummy, but I doubt a peanut has self awareness like a cow, pig or a sheep. let alone a tuna or a salmon. I am sure they are self aware as living beings and deserve respect too. Just like your dog, cat or goldfish. But as far as aliens from planet X, I hope they are vegetarians or smarter than humans.we might be as delicious to them with them same redeeming values as a cow or a shrimp.
Since we have not been experiencing regular visits from aliens together with regular disappearances of people from Earth it would therefore logically and empirically seem that aliens are not eating us.

Everyone and everything born on Earth has died on Earth.

So I don't believe the Aliens want to eat us.

They probably have gardens of their own with fish ponds in them as well.

One of my favorite late evening snacks is drained canned fruit with mixed nuts mixed-in with the fruit.

This gives me lots of fiber by morning so I can get a good cleaning out about 12 hours after eating it.

Peanuts are a special kind of bush that has the nuts in their roots. Unfortunately you must kill the plant to harvest its nuts.

Fruit trees are different -- they give your their fruit freely in exchange for water and sunlight.

Tomato plants give you their fruit and then they die every year. You need to plant seedlings from their seeds to grow new plants.

The immortality of plants lies within their seeds.

Last edited:

I have a good friend who swears up and down that he was visited by aliens out by the Pacific Ocean in California one night with two friends who reportedly experienced it as well (I haven't had a chance to talk to them about it). This allegedly occurred in the early 2000s, according to my friend. I forgot the exact year.

In full disclosure, my friend did spend a few weeks in a mental hospital once, but he is not an idiot. He has a bachelors degree from Cal Poly, and, whatever mental issues he may have once had, he is fully lucid and coherent today. He also has a good job, which he has had for a long time now.

I'm deeply skeptical about any stories about people who claim to have seen/been visited by aliens. While I think such incidents are possible, I lean towards the "I won't believe it until I see it" camp. I definitely think it's possible that there is intelligent life somewhere out there in space, but I'm very skeptical that any such aliens have ever visited earth if they exist at all.

And yet I do believe my friend that he experienced something, but the skeptical side of me thinks that he experienced some kind of hallucination. I think that he genuinely believes that he was visited by aliens, but I don't believe that he was actually visited by aliens if that makes sense. I don't think my friend is crazy or stupid.

But I still like to research UFO/alien sightings for fun, and there are definitely a lot of crazy stories that aren't easily explained by weather phenomenons, hoaxes, crazy people, etc. Anyway, I'm curious what other people on this site think.

Aliens, like Mexicans?

Mexicans are a mixture of almost everything else.

There is even some Asian in them.

Humans wouldn't make good pets . We would definitely not like being eaten, let alone told we have to go to slaughterhouse 5 to be processed by alien overlord chefs from planet x. It's to much like a Twilight zone episode. Besides, like I said, we already have intelligent creatures here on this planet already, and we aren't treating them very well, either. .

Humans wouldn't make good pets . We would definitely not like being eaten, let alone told we have to go to slaughterhouse 5 to be processed by alien overlord chefs from planet x. It's to much like a Twilight zone episode. Besides, like I said, we already have intelligent creatures here on this planet already, and we aren't treating them very well, either. .

Which is why if we do ever make official contact with aliens, we may not want them to be so smart and advanced lol.

I don't mind eating steer meat since these animals are quite ugly and stupid.

Steers are a byproduct of the dairy industry anyway.

But pigs are quite smart and if bacon did not taste so good I would feel guilty about eating it.

I generally avoid pork anyway.

Which is why if we do ever make official contact with aliens, we may not want them to be so smart and advanced lol.
If we ever made contact with local aliens it would be interesting to learn what their religions were.

So far as we can tell there are no aliens living within a lifetime's journey of ourselves.

The two morons who started-up CISCO Inc have taken all their stock market money and more or less proved this.

The chances of an intelligent race with the capability of reaching Earth existing at the same time as ourselves are astronomically slim.

Based on what mathematical computation? There are literally billions of other planets in the universe of which we know nothing.
In terms of the number of solar systems present in the universe, there are something like 300 billion stars in the Milky Way, so if 10 per cent of them have planets there are around 30 billion planets in our galaxy alone, and there are over 100 billion galaxies in the observable Universe for a total of something in the order of 10^21 (that's 1 then 21 zeros) planets in the observable Universe. There is still quite a bit of uncertainty in that number however, and we don't yet know how many of them would look like our solar system.

And, based on observations your estimate of the number of planets is low. So far virtually every star that we have looked at real hard shows evidence of planets.

Illegal aliens , well, We eat MEXICAN food, not Mexicans. Well, some people think they are disposable and eat them up and exploit them like cheap human garbage and then make exploiting them some sort of saving grace, but that's a different matter.

The chances of an intelligent race with the capability of reaching Earth existing at the same time as ourselves are astronomically slim.

Actually they're not. Stephen Dole wrote a book called "Habitable Planets for Man" which was commissioned by the RAND Corp. It is a very detailed and highly scientific treatise on the factors needed, and the probabilities of finding planets that man could inhabit. Guess what, there's a shitload of them.

"Habitable Planets For Man is a work by Stephen Dole originally published for the US Government contractor RAND Corporation in 1964 with input from Isaac Asimov. It was republished in a posthumous second edition in 2007, as Planets for Man.[1] The 174-page book contains a detailed scientific study on the nature of worlds that may support life in the universe, the probability of their existence, and ways of finding them,[2][3] including assessments of 14 stars within 22 light years with a relatively high probability of having habitable planets (a collective probability of 43%).[4][5] Writing in a Scientific American blog in 2011, Caleb Scharf called it "extraordinarily detailed and prescient".[2]"

Habitable Planets for Man - Wikipedia

Habitable planets? Of that I have no doubt. Development of an alien race with the capability of crossing an ocean of space and time to reach us existing at the same moment in time as ourselves? Slim chance. Very slim.

I'm watching an old How the Universe Works talking about how we need to get off this planet and how we will mine the moon, Mars and meteor belt to build the ships we use to travel from star to star. Possibly mixing matter and anti matter to go 70% the speed of light. IF we could do this, we'd get to Alpha Centauri in 40 years.

11 billion of these estimated planets may be orbiting Sun-like stars. The nearest such planet may be 12 light-years away, according to the scientists. As of June 2021, a total of 59 potentially habitable exoplanets have been found.

A rocket ship, powered by smashing lumps of matter and antimatter together, could zip through space at about 70 percent the speed of light, according to a new study.

Anti-matter propulsion wouldn't be quite as fast as a warp powered Starfleet vessel in the Star Trek universe, but it could speed up the trip to Alpha Centauri: Scientists say this method could power a rocket that could get a probe to Alpha Centauri in 40 years, which is 1000-times faster than the technology we have now.

So if aliens came here, they came during the Pyramids and they ruled, bred with us, which led to us getting smarter. But basically it was a one way trip if aliens came here. They don't zip back and forth like it's no big deal. Do you know what life is like in space for 40 years?

I think we might want to send robots to use frozen sperm and embryos to make babies and raise them once they get to the new planet.

So no I don't think other creatures in the universe have Star Trek capabilities.

Only way to travel the stars is to figure a way to fold space, or use wormholes, or something exotic like that.

Only way to travel the stars is to figure a way to fold space, or use wormholes, or something exotic like that.
There is an episode on How the Universe Works that goes over all the possible ways.

a. What we have now. Take thousands of years to get to the next planet.
b. Smash matter and anti matter together and go 70% the speed of light. Take us 40 years to get to the nearest star.
c. What you said. Like pulling a carpet together then stepping on the other end and boom just like that you are on the other side of the carpet without even moving. They say trying a wormhole is dangerous.

So we could one day master the universe with wormholes. And aliens from other worlds could have mastered them and that's how they come and go. It's possible.

But let's say that's not reality. Even what I am proposing. Smashing matter and anti matter is not something we can currently do. They say maybe we harness it with magnets? All above my pay grade. But if they could, that would be great if we can get to the next closest star in 40 years. We would have to build a ship with parts we mine from the meteor belt, mars and the moon. A planet size ship. They talked about how we might figure out a way to live in space for 40 years.

Forum List

Back