Do you believe that aliens have visited Earth?

Do you believe that aliens have visited Earth?

• I think aliens visited Earth long ago, but we haven't had contact with them since

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I think aliens have been coming to Earth for a very long time and have mostly remained undetected

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Not only do I think aliens come to Earth, but I think aliens are living among us, disguised as human

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I do not believe that aliens have ever visited Earth, but I think aliens exist out there in space

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I don't think intelligent life exists anywhere outside of Earth

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other: Explain

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie

I have a good friend who swears up and down that he was visited by aliens out by the Pacific Ocean in California one night with two friends who reportedly experienced it as well (I haven't had a chance to talk to them about it). This allegedly occurred in the early 2000s, according to my friend. I forgot the exact year.

In full disclosure, my friend did spend a few weeks in a mental hospital once, but he is not an idiot. He has a bachelors degree from Cal Poly, and, whatever mental issues he may have once had, he is fully lucid and coherent today. He also has a good job, which he has had for a long time now.

I'm deeply skeptical about any stories about people who claim to have seen/been visited by aliens. While I think such incidents are possible, I lean towards the "I won't believe it until I see it" camp. I definitely think it's possible that there is intelligent life somewhere out there in space, but I'm very skeptical that any such aliens have ever visited earth if they exist at all.

And yet I do believe my friend that he experienced something, but the skeptical side of me thinks that he experienced some kind of hallucination. I think that he genuinely believes that he was visited by aliens, but I don't believe that he was actually visited by aliens if that makes sense. I don't think my friend is crazy or stupid.

But I still like to research UFO/alien sightings for fun, and there are definitely a lot of crazy stories that aren't easily explained by weather phenomenons, hoaxes, crazy people, etc. Anyway, I'm curious what other people on this site think.

The chances of an intelligent race with the capability of reaching Earth existing at the same time as ourselves are astronomically slim.

As infinite as the universe is I think it's POSSIBLE for there to be living beings with a more advanced civilization SOMEWHERE out there.

I believe it's utterly impossible for any tangible life form that is programmed genetically to wear out and die at some point. ANY POINT, even millions of years of age to travel through endless space across billions of light years and end up here and end up looking like skinny grey "people" with big heads.

Therefore I don't think there is intelligent life on any other rock revolving around any other star that is anywhere close enough for there to be any sort of interaction or even awareness of them. By the time either beings managed to see "the lights on" from across space that light would be billions of years old and the star at the center of their planetary (or our) system would have exploded long before either being noticed.

It would serve science far better to study things within our own immediate surrounding than worry about things so far away the sun will explode before we actually see it.

As infinite as the universe is I think it's POSSIBLE for there to be living beings with a more advanced civilization SOMEWHERE out there.

I believe it's utterly impossible for any tangible life form that is programmed genetically to wear out and die at some point. ANY POINT, even millions of years of age to travel through endless space across billions of light years and end up here and end up looking like skinny grey "people" with big heads.

Therefore I don't think there is intelligent life on any other rock revolving around any other star that is anywhere close enough for there to be any sort of interaction or even awareness of them. By the time either beings managed to see "the lights on" from across space that light would be billions of years old and the star at the center of their planetary (or our) system would have exploded long before either being noticed.

It would serve science far better to study things within our own immediate surrounding than worry about things so far away the sun will explode before we actually see it.

Yeah, I think when we think of aliens, we generally picture a species far more advanced and intelligent than us. But what if there was intelligent life far away from us, and they were no more capable of reaching us than we are of reaching them. Maybe we're even slightly more advanced than they are lol. It's fun to think about it.

Yeah, I think when we think of aliens, we generally picture a species far more advanced and intelligent than us. But what if there was intelligent life far away from us, and they were no more capable of reaching us than we are of reaching them. Maybe we're even slightly more advanced than they are lol. It's fun to think about it.

The universe seems immeasurable, just like the imagination.

There might be a place where communism works....

Oh wait...

There is...

It's called an ant colony.

The universe seems immeasurable, just like the imagination.

There might be a place where communism works....

Oh wait...

There is...

It's called an ant colony.

And on Star Trek.

More than likely there is a warning beacon outside our solar system diverting others away from the primate zoo called Earth.

Aliens haven't visited earth in recent times. If they had, humans would either be exterminated, enslaved or dinner.

Aliens haven't visited earth in recent times. If they had, humans would either be exterminated, enslaved or dinner.
13_x_19_the_twilight_zone_to_serve_man_motivational_typeer_bb2cc43e.jpg

Classic episode.
It is in our interest that nothing arrives here. Even Hawking warned of putting an invite and map on the Voyager craft. We need about another 1000 years before we are ready for any contact without complete disruption to earthly affairs.

Classic episode.
It is in our interest that nothing arrives here. Even Hawking warned of putting an invite and map on the Voyager craft. We need about another 1000 years before we are ready for any contact without complete disruption to earthly affairs.

Indeed. There is a quite good science fiction novel called "The Forge of God" which shows the danger of sentient being shouting "we are here" to an unknown and likely hostile interstellar neighbors.

It's not only highly likely but possible that another means of travel BESIDES relativistic exists.

An interesting book and movie dealing with past visitors to earth.
images (5).jpg
Turns out the benevolent peaceful visitor interfering in human affairs is this fellow
images (6).jpg
Think humanity could handle that?

Forum List

Back