Do you believe that aliens have visited Earth?

Do you believe that aliens have visited Earth?

• I think aliens visited Earth long ago, but we haven't had contact with them since

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I think aliens have been coming to Earth for a very long time and have mostly remained undetected

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Not only do I think aliens come to Earth, but I think aliens are living among us, disguised as human

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I do not believe that aliens have ever visited Earth, but I think aliens exist out there in space

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I don't think intelligent life exists anywhere outside of Earth

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other: Explain

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
The chances of an intelligent race with the capability of reaching Earth existing at the same time as ourselves are astronomically slim.

Based on what mathematical computation? There are literally billions of other planets in the universe of which we know nothing.
In terms of the number of solar systems present in the universe, there are something like 300 billion stars in the Milky Way, so if 10 per cent of them have planets there are around 30 billion planets in our galaxy alone, and there are over 100 billion galaxies in the observable Universe for a total of something in the order of 10^21 (that's 1 then 21 zeros) planets in the observable Universe. There is still quite a bit of uncertainty in that number however, and we don't yet know how many of them would look like our solar system.
"Sextillions" Beavis, not "Billions".

:D

God is an Alien.

He/They (Elohim is a plural word ergo "they") planted a garden in Eden.

They put 2 of their kids in it.

Their job was to name all the other animals and plants and to take care of the Earth.

We also know that God visited Moses around 1400 BCE.

We know also that God visited Peter, James, and John around 30 A.D.

That's at least three times that we know of.

I've thought about this as well even though I'm not really religious. What if religion was just aliens' way of dividing and controlling people long ago, and it just persisted to this day. It'd be kind of funny lol.
Religion probably went all to crap when the pharaohs, popes, and kings got a hold of it.

Henry the 8th Comes to mind.

So do the Louis' of France.

Oh, I definitely think that as well. Maybe the original versions of religious texts were inspired by deity/deities or aliens, but you give them to government churches when the vast majority of people were illiterate back in the day, and anything can happen over time.

Allah is my left butt cheek, cute as it may be, There may not be a Allah, religion could just be wishful thinking. But I will always think life on other planets is far far more likely that Zeus, Allah or Jesus.

Allah is my left butt cheek, cute as it may be, There may not be a Allah, religion could just be wishful thinking. But I will always think life on other planets is far far more likely that Zeus, Allah or Jesus.
Zeus is the Greek word for God.

It is derived from the Sanskrit Deva meaning shining like the Sun.

In ancient history peoples thought that the Sun was a God and that the Moon was his female consort.

This evolved into pantheons everywhere most notably in Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, and India.

But what about that flying spaghetti monster, he's is looking pretty tasty, I am thinking with some garlic/onion sauce.

The ancient Mesopotamians then noted that besides the Sun and Moon there were 5 other "wandering stars" which the Greeks named "planets" and these 7 Gods were each given a day of the week, resulting in the western calendars of 7 days per week.

365.25 which is a solar year when divided by 7 gives 52.2 weeks per year.

365.25 / 7 = 52.2 which is convenient.

Then you just need to divide these up into full moons and the picture is complete.

The lunar cycle is 29.5 days.

So the months need to alternate between 29 and 30 days for an almost perfect calendar.

The Romans messed this up however, as did the Egyptians.

But what about that flying spaghetti monster, he's is looking pretty tasty, I am thinking with some garlic/onion sauce.
I rarely make spaghetti.

If the fraternal lodge that I sometimes cook banquets for wants it then I will make it with meatballs and homemade sauce. I have cooked for up to 150 people at once.

But not at home.

All sarcasm aside. We are here now, we all exist. We share the planet with other beings, and if they don't deserve awe and respect in and itself, what difference does it make if they are from another planet and what their IQ is?

All sarcasm aside. We are here now, we all exist. We share the planet with other beings, and if they don't deserve awe and respect in and itself, what difference does it make if they are from another planet and what their IQ is?
"Awe and respect" sounds like narcissism somewhat.

All life deserves its own awe and respect.

Plants, animals, protists, etc.

Vertebrates and invertebrates.

Mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fishes, worms, etc.

Trees and grasses.

The Aliens who visited here and planted us here must have had a good reason for doing so.

My own Philosophy about that is that this is like an NFL training camp.

And if we do well they will draft us.

If not they will cast us into Hell where we will burn forever.

I was not kidding about the spaghetti.

If that's what people want then that's what I can make for them.

Also pizza, roast beef, roast chicken or turkey, pork chops, chili, bbq steak, hamburgers and hotdogs, etc.

There are dozens of foods that go good at a banquet.

It'd be funny if the biblical "Rapture" was all those alien abductions we keep hearing about. If you get selected, you get to go live on alien utopia. If you don't get selected, you get to stay on earth with SJW's and communists.

OK let's go the other way. life is meaningless. Which begs the question, is life inherently meaningless? Is it just about survivial? Suppose that's something you have to ask your self. You, or your children or your pet or that rich thick juicy piece of beef you had for dinner. I am a vegetarian, but and we come back full circle. You can split enough hairs and we come back full circle.We live with other less sentient beings and we slay them and eat them.

OK let's go the other way. life is meaningless. Which begs the question, is life inherently meaningless? Is it just about survivial? Suppose that's something you have to ask your self. You, or your children or your pet or that rich thick juicy piece of beef you had for dinner. I am a vegetarian, but and we come back full circle. You can split enough hairs and we come back full circle.We live with other less sentient beings and we slay them and eat them.
"Life Is meaningless" is a flawed philosophy.

The complexity of life alone justifies it and legitimizes it.

The 5 proofs of God from Aquinas philosophically justifies both life and God.

The existence of God thus ontologically requires a Lucifer too -- a fallen angel who perverts goodness and godliness.

Ergo this is like an NFL training camp.

No pain no gain.

You snooze you lose.

Trees and grasses.

The Aliens who visited here and planted us here must have had a good reason for doing so.

Ok ,I ask you this same question, same one I asked my old Sunday school teacher : Where did God/aliens come from? They came out of nothing? I get rhetoric instead, I don't want to hear that same old same ol' rhetotic. Aliens aren't any more real than Santa Clause.

It's too bad that biological creatures must obtain protein by eating other beings.

I like fish the most, and also seafood, since they complain the least about being caught and killed. They also taste the best.

Mammals and birds cry when you slaughter them. Very sad.

Trees and grasses.

Ok ,I ask you this same question, same one I asked my old Sunday school teacher : Where did God/aliens come from? They came out of nothing? I get rhetoric instead, I don't want to hear that same old same ol' rhetotic. Aliens aren't any more real that Santa Clause.
Well philosophically speaking there must be one God who always existed or else a First Cause God who created Him/Her/It-self.

The point is that we are here and therefore Something created us since we cannot create ourselves and are very hard pressed even to do just surgery let alone full blown creation.

A paradox does not a proof make -- either way.

Religious answer -- God always existed.

Philosophical answer -- Some God must have always existed.

Scientific answer -- we can only see the background radiation 13.8 billion light years away from us therefore backtracking we calculate that the Universe is 13.8 billion years old and 13.8 billion light years across.

Ergo something big happened 13.8 billion years ago and in the meantime 100 to 200 billion galaxies were formed in the meantime.

Our Earth is 4.5 billion years old -- fairly young at only 1/3rd the age of the rest of the Universe.

I'm not really religious, but I'm not a nihilist. I'm more agnostic/empiricist than anything. I do think there is probably something after death, but I don't believe anyone who claims to know what that something is.

Forum List

Back