Do you believe Malcolm X's comments about White Liberals have merit today?

Sarge--

We disagree on this topic of imperialism--passionately. I respect you and appreciate our differences.

"What has happened to our Constitution? I live in a country that uses secret prisons and torture chambers, a country run by a government that never stops lying, spies on its citizens, and spits not only on the Geneva convention accords, but on our Constitution— a country with five percent of the world’s population and twenty-two percent of the world’s incarcerated population. What happened to habeas corpus? What is the definition of tyranny? What is the definition of fascism? The Corporate State. This president tells Congress and the American people that he is doing away with secrets prisons and torture while at the very same time planning new secret prisons and more advanced torture. He invaded and destroyed a country that had done nothing to us, a country run by a tyrant we armed and encouraged to wage war against Iran, Saddam being our “ally” in the Eighties; and now, in the midst of a tribal civil war, we contribute, day after monstrous bloody day, to the slaughter of innocent people.

When I was in Marine Corps boot camp, the first thing I learned was that my paramount duty was to “become a killing machine.” When we send “killing machines” into other countries, it would serve us well to understand that these men and women are not only killing machines, but young, often naïve people who return home with deep psychic as well as physical wounds, each agony in its own way unique. Mercenaries, on the other hand, represent a Republican ideal— privatization of war. They are paid five or ten times what our “service” men and women are paid and are regulated (as far as anyone can tell) by no one other than corporate bosses. These are the twenty-first century incarnation of the mine-owners’ thugs who beat up union organizers a hundred years ago—in Virginia… and in Brazil and in Peru and…"
Poets Against War Newsletter Autumn 2007

Absolute hogwash, but then to be expected from you. Go ahead name someone denied their rights. I keep hearing who our rights have been taken from us yet no one can actually provide any evidence of it. Meanwhile people like Editec want to let the Government ignore the law and the Constitution for something he likes.

Absolute hogwash, but then to be expected from you. Go ahead name someone denied their rights. I keep hearing who our rights have been taken from us yet no one can actually provide any evidence of it. Meanwhile people like Editec want to let the Government ignore the law and the Constitution for something he likes.
Really?

It's not hogwash. There is plenty of evidence in Bush admininstration policies and practices that Bush behaved not like a President but like an Emperor--and one who does wear clothes, at that.

You are firm in your point of view. You are entitled to that, however misguided your opinion is to me.

In the Congressional authorization for force that Bush used to launch the invasion of Iraq, if you read Section 3, paragraph B, Bush was required to prove to the Congress that Iraq was in violation of UN Resolutions by still being in possession of weapons of mass destruction, and secondly, that Iraq was behind 9-11. Both claims have since been disproved and discredited. They were created by the Pentagon Office at the heart of the latest Israeli spy scandal.

Therefore, under United States law, the war in Iraq is illegal. The Iraq War is Illegal

In the Congressional authorization for force that Bush used to launch the invasion of Iraq, if you read Section 3, paragraph B, Bush was required to prove to the Congress that Iraq was in violation of UN Resolutions by still being in possession of weapons of mass destruction, and secondly, that Iraq was behind 9-11. Both claims have since been disproved and discredited. They were created by the Pentagon Office at the heart of the latest Israeli spy scandal.

Therefore, under United States law, the war in Iraq is illegal. The Iraq War is Illegal
your reading of that is FLAWED

(2) acting pursuant to this joint resolution is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorist and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001.

You are aware Malcolm X was killed by the religious group he left after embarressing its leader for his stupidity and hypocrisy? As for Martin Luther King, there is no compelling evidence the Government had him killed, though I do not doubt some rogue element may have.

I'm more prone to think that government involvement was a must in MLK's death. Question is though, how would you define "the government had him killed"? LBJ wouldn't of done it.

J. Edgar Hoover on the other hand is much more likely. The man who illegally wiretapped MLK. Jr and blackmailed him to quit the civil rights movement or he'd be embarassed with the details of his affair with another woman being revealed.

Hoover also sent anonymous threatening letters urging MLK Jr to commit suicide.

"King," read one of them, "there is only one thing left for you to do. You know what it is...You better take it before your filthy, abnormal fraudulent self is bared to the nation."

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back