Do you Believe Kavanaugh's Rape Accuser?

Do you believe Kavanaughs rape accuser?

• Yes

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • No

Votes: 111 80.4%

• Total voters
81-18%.

The Nays have it.

I didn't answer the poll because I don't know what happened at a high school event 36 years ago. I don't know whether the woman is telling the truth about that event or not, or whether she remembers who was there or what happened clearly. She can't remember where it was or who else was there. Just her and Kavanaugh with whom she had no relationship other than they were both at the party.

This didn't come up through nine background checks the FBI has done on Kavanaugh over the years, and I speak from experience that the FBI is VERY thorough in those background checks. It didn't come up through 30+ hours of questioning Kavanaugh under oath or any any of the MANY other meetings he had with members of the Senate including Feinstein who knew about the letter since July. And she brings it up on the eve of the committee vote? And then leaks the woman's name to the press after assuring the woman she would keep her anonymous?

This whole thing and the way it has gone down and is going down stinks to high heaven. No reasonable person utilizing any amount of intellectual honesty would not see the political motivation behind it. Even if Kavanaugh did something inappropriate as a high school teenager at a party, it was not aggravated battery or rape or attempted vious post rape or anything else even remotely like that. He has obviously lived an acceptably exemplary life for the past 36 years.

The Senate should hold the vote and put him on the Supreme Court next week.
The poll asks what you believe, not what you know. Based on your same sound reasoning, 81% don't believe her.

I realize that. But I long ago took a personal pledge not to unfairly judge people when I don't know what the facts actually are. I don't appreciate those who presume to judge Brett Kavanaugh without knowing the facts, so I won't presume to judge the veracity or lack thereof of a woman I never met who reported an incident I did not witness. I do have reservations that it happened as she recalls it because the only absolute detail she can recall is Kavanaugh and that doesn't really ring authentic.

So I don't KNOW if she is telling the truth as she remembers it, but even if she is, in my opinion, given the circumstances, it would not be disqualifying for a person with a stellar record for the last 36 years.

I do say that the way this whole thing has been handled by her and her Democrat handlers stinks to high heaven as a political smear attack on a very good man.
In your previous post you said you didn't know, then listed several reasons not to believe her.

For these reasons and more, neither do 81% of the people who voted.

I have listed absolutely zero reasons not to believe her. I have listed many reasons for how she is being used for the most reprehensible of political purposes.

81-18%.

The Nays have it.

I didn't answer the poll because I don't know what happened at a high school event 36 years ago. I don't know whether the woman is telling the truth about that event or not, or whether she remembers who was there or what happened clearly. She can't remember where it was or who else was there. Just her and Kavanaugh with whom she had no relationship other than they were both at the party.

This didn't come up through nine background checks the FBI has done on Kavanaugh over the years, and I speak from experience that the FBI is VERY thorough in those background checks. It didn't come up through 30+ hours of questioning Kavanaugh under oath or any any of the MANY other meetings he had with members of the Senate including Feinstein who knew about the letter since July. And she brings it up on the eve of the committee vote? And then leaks the woman's name to the press after assuring the woman she would keep her anonymous?

This whole thing and the way it has gone down and is going down stinks to high heaven. No reasonable person utilizing any amount of intellectual honesty would not see the political motivation behind it. Even if Kavanaugh did something inappropriate as a high school teenager at a party, it was not aggravated battery or rape or attempted rape or anything else even remotely like that. He has obviously lived an acceptably exemplary life for the past 36 years.

The poll asks what you believe, not what you know. Based on your same sound reasoning, 81% don't believe her.

I realize that. But I long ago took a personal pledge not to unfairly judge people when I don't know what the facts actually are. I don't appreciate those who presume to judge Brett Kavanaugh without knowing the facts, so I won't presume to judge the veracity or lack thereof of a woman I never met who reported an incident I did not witness. I do have reservations that it happened as she recalls it because the only absolute detail she can recall is Kavanaugh and that doesn't really ring authentic.

So I don't KNOW if she is telling the truth as she remembers it, but even if she is, in my opinion, given the circumstances, it would not be disqualifying for a person with a stellar record for the last 36 years.

I do say that the way this whole thing has been handled by her and her Democrat handlers stinks to high heaven as a political smear attack on a very good man.

Remember, it all stemmed when "Martha Kavanaugh granted a motion dismissing a 1996 foreclosure action against Ralph and Paula Blasey, according to the records."

So this having to do with "revenge" on Ford's part. And what a better timing to do so on eve of what Kavanaugh was supposed to have been nominated the next day.

Again that is all a stretch. But admittedly, to any interested observer, there are far too many coincidences to think they are all coincidental.

Of coarse Ford is telling the truth.

What person would put themselves through something like this deliberately?

As far as her memory, what woman would forget who held her down and put their hand over her mouth to prevent her from screaming?

And why would she want an FBI investigation, knowing full well that lying to the FBI is a federal crime?

And if Kavanough is innocent, why is he against an FBI investigation?

And if there are other corroborating witnesses relative to the incident, why won't Senate republicans allow their voices to be heard?

And why do people believe Kavanaugh, when he has already lied under oath about emails he received?

And why would anyone let him be confirmed in light of his past judicial judgments against women's rights?​

The majority of the country is against this nomination and pushing him through this fast and shoving him down our throats, is one of the most despicable things republicans have done to this country.

I can't fathom the STUPIDITY of democrats who continue their belief that it happen based on UNSUPPORTED allegation of something that ALL four named people denied it ever took place:

Committee contacts Ford's friend about party; 'she has no recollection' of it, lawyer says

"CNN has learned that the committee has reached out to a longtime friend of Ford named Leland Ingham Keyser.

"I understand that you have been identified as an individual who was in attendance at a party that occurred circa 1982 described in a recent Washington Post article," a committee staffer wrote Keyser earlier this week.
On Saturday night, her lawyer, Howard Walsh, released a statement to CNN and the Senate Judiciary Committee.

"Simply put," Walsh said, "Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."

This coupled with other people named by Ford who also say they were never there:

“I have no memory of this alleged incident,” said (2) Mark Judge in a September 18 letter sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee. He said he did not recall the party and never saw Brett Kavanaugh act in the matter Ford describes.

(3) Patrick J. Smyth issued a statement:

“I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as ‘PJ’ who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post. I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh.

Personally speaking, I have known Brett Kavanaugh since high school and I know him to be a person of great integrity, a great friend, and I have never witnessed any improper conduct by Brett Kavanaugh towards women. To safeguard my own privacy and anonymity, I respectfully request that the Committee accept this statement in response to any inquiry the Committee may have.”

Why continue to believe in something with ZERO evidence behind it?

Then we have this which Ford defenders have already ignored several times I brought it up, that the Statute of Limitations in the State of Maryland NEVER expires over what she alleges, why doesn't she just sue him or the Prosecutor sue him?

Post #883 I quote:

"No it is the STATE of Maryland to do that IF they think there is enough reason do so, the statute of limitations doesn't expire in conjunction to what Ford alleges, thus the State or Ford, can take him to court.

Why don't either one do it?

Criminal Statutes of Limitations
Maryland
"

The women who now has THREE lawyers representing her will not take him to court. :wtf:

Democrats are easy to be lied to apparently, since Ford who NEVER mention Kavanaugh by name until TWO MONTHS ago, when it was learned that Kavanaugh was nominated for the SCOTUS seat. She sends her allegation by a letter to the Minority Chairman of the Senate Judicial committee, while requesting privacy for the obvious purpose of smearing Kavanaugh and hopefully derail the nomination.

She has NO witnesses, no physical evidence, NO video or audio evidence, NO credibility left to offer, along with the absurd negotiations for her "testimony" which now appears to be a stalling tactic on the grounds she needs more time to … he he… ha ha ha... prepare for spending 2 minutes of time spewing out her completely unsupported allegation to the Senators who already read her letter.

Democrats stooping this low indicate how far they are willing to go to defend the indefendable. It is over, she has NOTHING to offer but lies and bullcrap.

Last edited:
Of coarse Ford is telling the truth.

What person would put themselves through something like this deliberately?

As far as her memory, what woman would forget who held her down and put their hand over her mouth to prevent her from screaming?

And why would she want an FBI investigation, knowing full well that lying to the FBI is a federal crime?

And if Kavanough is innocent, why is he against an FBI investigation?

And if there are other corroborating witnesses relative to the incident, why won't Senate republicans allow their voices to be heard?

And why do people believe Kavanaugh, when he has already lied under oath about emails he received?

And why would anyone let him be confirmed in light of his past judicial judgments against women's rights?​

The majority of the country is against this nomination and pushing him through this fast and shoving him down our throats, is one of the most despicable things republicans have done to this country.

What kind of person? A hard core partisan who believes they're sacrificing themselves for the greater good. A person who believes they'll be supported by powerful people in the party if they sacrifice themselves. A person who thinks of themself as a martyr. That kind of person.

What kind of person? A hard core partisan who believes they're sacrificing themselves for the greater good. A person who believes they'll be supported by powerful people in the party if they sacrifice themselves. A person who thinks of themself as a martyr. That kind of person.
This is just more proof the republican right has no connection to reality.

This is just more proof the republican right has no connection to reality.

Perhaps being a hard core partisan has blinded you to how hard core partisans think and behave.

Perhaps being a hard core partisan has blinded you to how hard core partisans think and behave.
I'm the most non-partisan poster at this website. Maybe you should look into your own hardcore self?

It’s a known fact that women have lied about this kind of thing before. Men have gone to prison because of it.

It is in fact plausible that this woman is lying. She keeps naming witnesses who don’t support her claim.

It’s a known fact that women have lied about this kind of thing before. Men have gone to prison because of it.

It is in fact plausible that this woman is lying. She keeps naming witnesses who don’t support her claim.
What woman would deliberately put herself through all this bullshit?

This is just a typical right wing smear campaign they do on everybody that speaks the truth.

81-18%.

The Nays have it.

This whole thing and the way it has gone down and is going down stinks to high heaven. No reasonable person utilizing any amount of intellectual honesty would not see the political motivation behind it. Even if Kavanaugh did something inappropriate as a high school teenager at a party, it was not aggravated battery or rape or attempted vious post rape or anything else even remotely like that. He has obviously lived an acceptably exemplary life for the past 36 years.

In your previous post you said you didn't know, then listed several reasons not to believe her.

For these reasons and more, neither do 81% of the people who voted.

I have listed absolutely zero reasons not to believe her. I have listed many reasons for how she is being used for the most reprehensible of political purposes.
She's a willing participant. She has made accusations that she must now prove.

As you said:

She can't remember where it was or who else was there. Just her and Kavanaugh with whom she had no relationship other than they were both at the party.

What woman would deliberately put herself through all this bullshit?

This is just a typical right wing smear campaign they do on everybody that speaks the truth.
Cool. So I can make accusations that will cost you your job, too.

Well that’s a rather overly dramatic way of stating it. They negotiated a hearing. Ford made some demands, some of a the demands were over the top. Be grown ups, work it out. Properly bet the story and then take a vote. It isn’t hard
No, it’s not an overly dramatic way of stating it at all.
It’s absurd to demand that Kav testifies first, for one example, absolutely absurd.

The accused needs and has the right to hear the accusation in full before he responds. (He also has the right to face his accuser but they’ve agreed that he won’t be present in the same room).

If you don’t find asking the accused to testify before he hears the allegations from his accuser somewhat weird, you’ll need to explain why.

Why do you think that him testifying first is one of their demands?
Agreed. She is the accuser, she should testify first. Asking for other witnesses, separate rooms, and an extra couple days were fair requests. I don’t see why the FBI can’t make a few calls and give an analysis but I guess there are those that don’t care to be thorough
How many times do you have to be told the FBI does not exist to investigate high school kids and what they did or did not do 36 years ago at a party at an unknown location?
Dear God, you really are like a broken record.

Now, since you whine ad infinitum that people don’t answer your questions, I feel obliged to point out that you haven’t answered mine.

However, unlike like you, I’m not gonna hound you and bore you to deat with demands ad nauseum as I don’t see any point in speculating about why they asked for that!
The FBI does exist to do background checks and vetting for Supreme Court nominees and when you have a story and controversy of this magnitude then who better to handle it?

I’ll answer any question you ask. Apologies if I missed one, I’ve been reading fast as my phone time has been limited this weekend.

The FBI has already done several background checks on Kavanaugh. There’s no reason to do another one just because of a fabricated story where named “witnesses” have already denied the story is true or say they have no recollection of the event described.
Well there is a reason for the FBI to investigate because this story has delayed a SCOTUS nomination and consumed the news media for over a week. I can’t think of many issues that have been this controversial and despite your confidence there is no way for you to know that it is a fabricated story. So let’s vet it out make a call on what we believe and then move forward

Well that’s a rather overly dramatic way of stating it. They negotiated a hearing. Ford made some demands, some of a the demands were over the top. Be grown ups, work it out. Properly bet the story and then take a vote. It isn’t hard
It’s absurd to demand that Kav testifies first, for one example, absolutely absurd.

The accused needs and has the right to hear the accusation in full before he responds. (He also has the right to face his accuser but they’ve agreed that he won’t be present in the same room).

If you don’t find asking the accused to testify before he hears the allegations from his accuser somewhat weird, you’ll need to explain why.

Agreed. She is the accuser, she should testify first. Asking for other witnesses, separate rooms, and an extra couple days were fair requests. I don’t see why the FBI can’t make a few calls and give an analysis but I guess there are those that don’t care to be thorough
How many times do you have to be told the FBI does not exist to investigate high school kids and what they did or did not do 36 years ago at a party at an unknown location?

Now, since you whine ad infinitum that people don’t answer your questions, I feel obliged to point out that you haven’t answered mine.

However, unlike like you, I’m not gonna hound you and bore you to deat with demands ad nauseum as I don’t see any point in speculating about why they asked for that!
The FBI does exist to do background checks and vetting for Supreme Court nominees and when you have a story and controversy of this magnitude then who better to handle it?

I’ll answer any question you ask. Apologies if I missed one, I’ve been reading fast as my phone time has been limited this weekend.
They’ve already done 6+ background checks and nada.

In addition, now 3 of the accusers ‘witnesses’ have denied any knowledge of the matter.

And again, no, the FBI does not exist to investigate what high school kids do at parties, not now, nor those that happened in the very distant past.

The question was why on Earth do you think the accusers and her lawyers are making the unprecedented demand that the accused testifies first to answer the allegations before they have even officially been made to him?
They haven’t done a check on this claim which is an issue that has consumed this country for over a week, why wouldn’t they let our best professionals take a look? I haven’t heard of 3 witnesses denying the story. Who are they and what did they say in their denials?

The FBI has already done several background checks on Kavanaugh. There’s no reason to do another one just because of a fabricated story where named “witnesses” have already denied the story is true or say they have no recollection of the event described.
Well there is a reason for the FBI to investigate because this story has delayed a SCOTUS nomination and consumed the news media for over a week. I can’t think of many issues that have been this controversial and despite your confidence there is no way for you to know that it is a fabricated story. So let’s vet it out make a call on what we believe and then move forward

'How many times do you need to IGNORE what the FBI said about it?

There is NOTHING to investigate as shown in my comment YOU and Billo-really have ignored which is just a few comments upthread.

ALL four of the named people deny they were there or that it didn't happen to them, even her long time friend contradicts her claim.

LINK from CNN

STOP EVADING IT!

Last edited:

Why doesn't Mrs. Ford or the state of Maryland just sue him?

It’s becoming increasingly clear that this recent accusation is nothing more than democrats using a movement to further stall a vote they oppose.

'How many times do you need to IGNORE what the FBI said about it?

There is NOTHING to investigate as shown in my comment YOU and Billo-really have ignored which is just a few comments upthread.

ALL four of the named people deny they were there or that it didn't happen to them, even her long time friend contradicts her claim.

LINK from CNN

STOP EVADING IT!
Thanks for the link. I’ve been out of town since Friday and have not been keeping up. In light of the statements by Fords witnesses it is not looking very good for her. My thoughts were that if the two others that Ford identified could have been interviewed and acknowledged that the party occurred then it would help validate Fords claim. I though the FBI would be the best suited to do these interviews.

Ford is now on very thin ice. She should testify and we can see how she handles questions but it doesn’t sound like she has anything solid to back her up and Kav has a strong line up of character witnesses saying that he is a stand up guy

Why doesn't Mrs. Ford or the state of Maryland just sue him?
Probably because she can’t prove anything against him. I think her goal was to block his nomination. That was the intended punishment. It’s gonna be a hard case to prove

Forum List

Back