Do you Believe Kavanaugh's Rape Accuser?

Do you believe Kavanaughs rape accuser?

• Yes

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • No

Votes: 111 80.4%

• Total voters
Umm...it happened 36 years ago
It doesn't matter, it is a known fact that those abused, like the boys and girls by the Catholic Priests, hold in their trauma, for decades.... this is why the statute of limitations for felony sexual abuse of 5 to 10 years, are being removed by the States or are in the process of doing such.

But no one is asking for criminal charges, just the truth and what facts can be gathered to make an INFORMED decision on whether he should be seated as a SC Justice, for a lifetime, when they vote...

Which one of the democrats who stated that they would oppose ANYONE Trump nominated needs more information to make an informed decision?

Correct me if I am wrong...but how about Senator Cory Booker (D) and Senator Kalma Harris (D)? They both tried (and failed) to derail Kavanaugh.

These days, if you are a Republican politician, it's almost a requirement to be some kind of pervert.
Someone who assaults women, someone who attempts rape, a pedophile,
In fact, those may be a plus to the GOP.
They think it makes them look "manly".

The Reps are now playing the political games too
How so?
They can’t take a couple of days to accommodate a lady whom is under death threats? They can’t ask the FBI to conduct a couple interviews/background checks? They won’t supenia other witnesses? Come on there are all kinds of games being played
They have already postponed the vote for more than a couple of days and have bent over backwards to accommodate the accuser.
The FBI do not investigate what teens get up to at high school parties, they have met with her regarding the alleged threats.
Come on, there are certainly all kinds of games being played, but not by the republicans as you claim.
Yeah they have really bent over backwards, I’m surprise the poor fellows can still stand! Haha

You are totally dishonest to deny that they really have been very accommodating, particularly when the allegations are close to 40 years old, there is absolutley no evidence to support her claim, and that the only witnesses she cites have said they have no knowledge whatsoever of her accusation. You are now embarrassing yourself, imho.

We are committed to providing a secure and respectful setting for her testimony. The Chairman fully agrees with Dr. Ford that we cannot have another “media circus.” The Chairman has offered the ability for Dr. Ford to testify in an open session, a closed session, a public staff interview, and a private staff interview. The Chairman is even willing to fly female staff investigators to meet Dr. Ford and you in California, or anywhere else, to obtain Dr. Ford’s testimony.

Judiciary Committee Continues Effort to Accommodate Testimony from Dr. Ford Next Week | United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary
They’ve been fine until the point where they said Monday and the girl asked for a few days and they said no, votes gonna be Monday. The rest is all talk

They can’t take a couple of days to accommodate a lady whom is under death threats? They can’t ask the FBI to conduct a couple interviews/background checks? They won’t supenia other witnesses? Come on there are all kinds of games being played
They have already postponed the vote for more than a couple of days and have bent over backwards to accommodate the accuser.
The FBI do not investigate what teens get up to at high school parties, they have met with her regarding the alleged threats.
Come on, there are certainly all kinds of games being played, but not by the republicans as you claim.
Yeah they have really bent over backwards, I’m surprise the poor fellows can still stand! Haha
Lame, even for you, Slade.
He's pissed because he's getting his ass kicked all over this thread.
Not in my view. I’ve asked pretty straight forward questions, most of which people dodge, and the others like you say things that just make me laugh. I think you sound like a fool about this matter and I’m sure you think I do too. So to each their own.

The Reps are now playing the political games too
How so?

They have bent over backwards to accommodate her. They have even offered more than once to travel to her for her testimony since it now appears she doesn’t like to fly.

They have given her five extensions, delayed the whole nomination process, agreed to her demands over the number of cameras and to keep Kav out of the room so he is denied the right to even face his accuser. They’ve even demanded that he, the accused, testify first, ie before the accuser, which is utterly ludicrous!

There certainly are people playing games, but it isn’t republicans. You really are full of crap.

...Grassley wrote on Twitter that he had "just granted another extension to Dr Ford to decide if she wants to proceed [with] the statement she made last week to testify to the senate."

The GOP chairman didn't specify how long of an extension he is giving Ford, but his announcement kicks the negotiations over a public hearing into at least Saturday.

Grassley wrote on Twitter that Ford "[should] decide so we can move on," adding, "I want to hear her."

He noted the Judiciary Committee had given Ford five extensions to decide if she wanted to meet with the Senate panel. ...

Dr Ford if u changed ur mind say so so we can move on I want to hear ur testimony. Come to us or we to u," Grassley added in a tweet....

Grassley extends deadline for Kavanaugh accuser to decide on testifying
Well that’s a rather overly dramatic way of stating it. They negotiated a hearing. Ford made some demands, some of a the demands were over the top. Be grown ups, work it out. Properly bet the story and then take a vote. It isn’t hard
No, it’s not an overly dramatic way of stating it at all.
It’s absurd to demand that Kav testifies first, for one example, absolutely absurd.

The accused needs and has the right to hear the accusation in full before he responds. (He also has the right to face his accuser but they’ve agreed that he won’t be present in the same room).

If you don’t find asking the accused to testify before he hears the allegations from his accuser somewhat weird, you’ll need to explain why.

Why do you think that him testifying first is one of their demands?
Agreed. She is the accuser, she should testify first. Asking for other witnesses, separate rooms, and an extra couple days were fair requests. I don’t see why the FBI can’t make a few calls and give an analysis but I guess there are those that don’t care to be thorough

They have bent over backwards to accommodate her. They have even offered more than once to travel to her for her testimony since it now appears she doesn’t like to fly.

They have given her five extensions, delayed the whole nomination process, agreed to her demands over the number of cameras and to keep Kav out of the room so he is denied the right to even face his accuser. They’ve even demanded that he, the accused, testify first, ie before the accuser, which is utterly ludicrous!

There certainly are people playing games, but it isn’t republicans. You really are full of crap.

...Grassley wrote on Twitter that he had "just granted another extension to Dr Ford to decide if she wants to proceed [with] the statement she made last week to testify to the senate."

The GOP chairman didn't specify how long of an extension he is giving Ford, but his announcement kicks the negotiations over a public hearing into at least Saturday.

Grassley wrote on Twitter that Ford "[should] decide so we can move on," adding, "I want to hear her."

He noted the Judiciary Committee had given Ford five extensions to decide if she wanted to meet with the Senate panel. ...

Dr Ford if u changed ur mind say so so we can move on I want to hear ur testimony. Come to us or we to u," Grassley added in a tweet....

Well that’s a rather overly dramatic way of stating it. They negotiated a hearing. Ford made some demands, some of a the demands were over the top. Be grown ups, work it out. Properly bet the story and then take a vote. It isn’t hard
It’s absurd to demand that Kav testifies first, for one example, absolutely absurd.

The accused needs and has the right to hear the accusation in full before he responds. (He also has the right to face his accuser but they’ve agreed that he won’t be present in the same room).

If you don’t find asking the accused to testify before he hears the allegations from his accuser somewhat weird, you’ll need to explain why.

Agreed. She is the accuser, she should testify first. Asking for other witnesses, separate rooms, and an extra couple days were fair requests. I don’t see why the FBI can’t make a few calls and give an analysis but I guess there are those that don’t care to be thorough
How many times do you have to be told the FBI does not exist to investigate high school kids and what they did or did not do 36 years ago at a party at an unknown location?
Dear God, you really are like a broken record.

Now, since you whine ad infinitum that people don’t answer your questions, I feel obliged to point out that you haven’t answered mine.

However, unlike like you, I’m not gonna hound you and bore you to deat with demands ad nauseum as I don’t see any point in speculating about why they asked for that!

Ford ‘accepts’ request to tell her side of alleged Kavanaugh assault; lawyers request Thursday hearing

The Demo-frauds are in the works of trying to impeach Kavanaugh and Trump; if he (Kavanaugh) is nominated. My question would be: on what bases do they have to even on Kavanaugh? Maybe, they should be asking Dr Ford if her story is even credible first. They would make a total ass of themselves if they find out if her story was all a "lie". And nothing but a witch hunt to sabotage Kavanaugh's confirmation.

When it comes to November..there will be more Republicans taking both the House and Senate. Just in time for Trump second term.

81-18%.

The Nays have it.

I didn't answer the poll because I don't know what happened at a high school event 36 years ago. I don't know whether the woman is telling the truth about that event or not, or whether she remembers who was there or what happened clearly. She can't remember where it was or who else was there. Just her and Kavanaugh with whom she had no relationship other than they were both at the party.

This didn't come up through nine background checks the FBI has done on Kavanaugh over the years, and I speak from experience that the FBI is VERY thorough in those background checks. It didn't come up through 30+ hours of questioning Kavanaugh under oath or any any of the MANY other meetings he had with members of the Senate including Feinstein who knew about the letter since July. And she brings it up on the eve of the committee vote? And then leaks the woman's name to the press after assuring the woman she would keep her anonymous?

This whole thing and the way it has gone down and is going down stinks to high heaven. No reasonable person utilizing any amount of intellectual honesty would not see the political motivation behind it. Even if Kavanaugh did something inappropriate as a high school teenager at a party, it was not aggravated battery or rape or attempted rape or anything else even remotely like that. He has obviously lived an acceptably exemplary life for the past 36 years.

The Senate should hold the vote and put him on the Supreme Court next week.

81-18%.

The Nays have it.

I didn't answer the poll because I don't know what happened at a high school event 36 years ago. I don't know whether the woman is telling the truth about that event or not, or whether she remembers who was there or what happened clearly. She can't remember where it was or who else was there. Just her and Kavanaugh with whom she had no relationship other than they were both at the party.

This didn't come up through nine background checks the FBI has done on Kavanaugh over the years, and I speak from experience that the FBI is VERY thorough in those background checks. It didn't come up through 30+ hours of questioning Kavanaugh under oath or any any of the MANY other meetings he had with members of the Senate including Feinstein who knew about the letter since July. And she brings it up on the eve of the committee vote? And then leaks the woman's name to the press after assuring the woman she would keep her anonymous?

This whole thing and the way it has gone down and is going down stinks to high heaven. No reasonable person utilizing any amount of intellectual honesty would not see the political motivation behind it. Even if Kavanaugh did something inappropriate as a high school teenager at a party, it was not aggravated battery or rape or attempted rape or anything else even remotely like that. He has obviously lived an acceptably exemplary life for the past 36 years.

The poll asks what you believe, not what you know. Based on your same sound reasoning, 81% don't believe her.

81-18%.

The Nays have it.

The poll asks what you believe, not what you know. Based on your same sound reasoning, 81% don't believe her.

I realize that. But I long ago took a personal pledge not to unfairly judge people when I don't know what the facts actually are. I don't appreciate those who presume to judge Brett Kavanaugh without knowing the facts, so I won't presume to judge the veracity or lack thereof of a woman I never met who reported an incident I did not witness. I do have reservations that it happened as she recalls it because the only absolute detail she can recall is Kavanaugh and that doesn't really ring authentic.

So I don't KNOW if she is telling the truth as she remembers it, but even if she is, in my opinion, given the circumstances, it would not be disqualifying for a person she accuses who has demonstrated a stellar record for the last 36 years.

I do say that the way this whole thing has been handled by her and her Democrat handlers stinks to high heaven as a political smear attack on a very good man.

81-18%.

The Nays have it.

This whole thing and the way it has gone down and is going down stinks to high heaven. No reasonable person utilizing any amount of intellectual honesty would not see the political motivation behind it. Even if Kavanaugh did something inappropriate as a high school teenager at a party, it was not aggravated battery or rape or attempted vious post rape or anything else even remotely like that. He has obviously lived an acceptably exemplary life for the past 36 years.

I realize that. But I long ago took a personal pledge not to unfairly judge people when I don't know what the facts actually are. I don't appreciate those who presume to judge Brett Kavanaugh without knowing the facts, so I won't presume to judge the veracity or lack thereof of a woman I never met who reported an incident I did not witness. I do have reservations that it happened as she recalls it because the only absolute detail she can recall is Kavanaugh and that doesn't really ring authentic.

So I don't KNOW if she is telling the truth as she remembers it, but even if she is, in my opinion, given the circumstances, it would not be disqualifying for a person with a stellar record for the last 36 years.

I do say that the way this whole thing has been handled by her and her Democrat handlers stinks to high heaven as a political smear attack on a very good man.
In your previous post you said you didn't know, then listed several reasons not to believe her.

For these reasons and more, neither do 81% of the people who voted.

81-18%.

The Nays have it.

So I don't KNOW if she is telling the truth as she remembers it, but even if she is, in my opinion, given the circumstances, it would not be disqualifying for a person with a stellar record for the last 36 years.

Remember, it all stemmed when "Martha Kavanaugh granted a motion dismissing a 1996 foreclosure action against Ralph and Paula Blasey, according to the records."

So this having to do with "revenge" on Ford's part. And what a better timing to do so on eve of what Kavanaugh was supposed to have been nominated the next day.

How many times do you have to be told the FBI does not exist to investigate high school kids and what they did or did not do 36 years ago at a party at an unknown location?

Now, since you whine ad infinitum that people don’t answer your questions, I feel obliged to point out that you haven’t answered mine.

However, unlike like you, I’m not gonna hound you and bore you to deat with demands ad nauseum as I don’t see any point in speculating about why they asked for that!
The FBI does exist to do background checks and vetting for Supreme Court nominees and when you have a story and controversy of this magnitude then who better to handle it?

I’ll answer any question you ask. Apologies if I missed one, I’ve been reading fast as my phone time has been limited this weekend.

The FBI does exist to do background checks and vetting for Supreme Court nominees and when you have a story and controversy of this magnitude then who better to handle it?

I’ll answer any question you ask. Apologies if I missed one, I’ve been reading fast as my phone time has been limited this weekend.

The FBI has already done several background checks on Kavanaugh. There’s no reason to do another one just because of a fabricated story where named “witnesses” have already denied the story is true or say they have no recollection of the event described.

They’ve already done 6+ background checks and nada.

In addition, now 3 of the accusers ‘witnesses’ have denied any knowledge of the matter.

And again, no, the FBI does not exist to investigate what high school kids do at parties, not now, nor those that happened in the very distant past.

The question was why on Earth do you think the accusers and her lawyers are making the unprecedented demand that the accused testifies first to answer the allegations before they have even officially been made to him?

Last edited:
One stall tactic after the other. They need more time to dig up another "victim" so they can say "Well well well, looks like Ford isn't the only victim". Watch and see.

Another last minute accuser? Nah, democrats wouldn't do that, would they?
It'll either be another accuser or they'll dig up another "witness" (who will be a millionaire a few days later).

One stall tactic after the other. They need more time to dig up another "victim" so they can say "Well well well, looks like Ford isn't the only victim". Watch and see.

Another last minute accuser? Nah, democrats wouldn't do that, would they?
It'll either be another accuser or they'll dig up another "witness" (who will be a millionaire a few days later).

Hollywood is full of actors that can jump in for a small fee.

upload_2018-9-23_1-27-18.png

Forum List

Back