Do you believe/appreciate ...

Obamionation rambling on...."Well, according to the Q'uran uh I mean the uh Bible........I believe the world is uh very old.

No matter your religion, all religions are uh equal in my eyes. I like me a little bit uh of that and uh a little of uh that. Give me some Muhammed, give me a little bit of that spanish dude Jesus, a little bit of Hitler, some uh Marx, that Chinese dude Mao and uh even Bin Laden had some points I agree with."

you do realize that NO WHERE in the Holy Bible does it state that the Earth/man is only 6000 years old and that this estimate came from a Pastor in the 1800's making his best guess, NOT from God?

What I realize is that instead of firmly embracing science, Obama carefully threaded that needle. He gave his usual pandering, noncommittal present-voting, danger-dodging politician's answer.
IF THAT'S what you WANT to call it....

but I and my husband would have given the same answer...would have answered it the same way....and we have no one to pander to nor do we have political aspirations....and I can assure you that there are millions if not billions of believing Christians that view it the same way

As long as you wouldn't make fun of a conservative for giving a similar answer, then that's cool.

What I realize is that instead of firmly embracing science, Obama carefully threaded that needle. He gave his usual pandering, noncommittal present-voting, danger-dodging politician's answer.

but I and my husband would have given the same answer...would have answered it the same way....and we have no one to pander to nor do we have political aspirations....and I can assure you that there are millions if not billions of believing Christians that view it the same way

As long as you wouldn't make fun of a conservative for giving a similar answer, then that's cool.
do you have a quote where Obama made fun of Rubio?

Yanno...................I have a firm and strong belief in God. I also have a strong and firm belief that Yeshua (Jesus) walked the earth.

However..................................

I also most emphatically DO NOT believe that dinosaurs and mankind existed at the same time, nor do I believe that the earth was created in 6 days as we currently measure days.

do you have a quote where Obama made fun of Rubio?

No. However, I have examples of Obama supporters scoffing at Rubio.

.... Obama on creation:

I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and that I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live -- that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible. That, I don't presume to know.

Meh... I honestly hope he's just pandering.

I'm not sure why it is so difficult for a politician to say, "The Bible was written by Bronze Age people who didn't have science, and they repeated myths which they tried to respin within the context of their own philosophy. There are some good moral lessons that are the basis of religion today, and a lot of stuff in there that is reflective of the time that we ignore for good reason."

i don't believe science and God have to be at odds

It isn't. What is at odds with God are the pseudo-science whores who pretend any theory cannot be disproven at a later date.

Stand by for something idiotic from joe.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if Science and God have to be at odds.

But Biblical Literalism and Science must be by definition.

Science is about collecting evidence, coming up with a theory, testing the theory, revising the theory based on new evidence.

Biblical literalism is EXACTLY the oppossite of that. The Bible says so. End of discussion. Unless you have a different intepretation or are working from a different translation, in which case, you are a BLASPHEMER...

Seriously, people used to kill each other over whether Wafer really changed into Jesus, or just metaphorically became Jesus.

Obama is the Messiah... Who better than he to interpret creation?

You are right. Obama considers himself the Messiah and acts as one. He is not a politician, which is why his self-impression is so dangerous for America.

Thank you, joe. You always have nothing to add to the convo...but on the other hand, we'd need so much less bandwidth if you abstained...

It isn't. What is at odds with God are the pseudo-science whores who pretend any theory cannot be disproven at a later date.

Stand by for something idiotic from joe.

Wow you don't know anything about scientific theory apparently.

The Funditards have learned that if they embroider their mythology and fairy stories with science-y sounding words, they have some kind of special legitimacy...

I find that a lot more believable than anything that has ever issued from you, joe.

You only think that because you stopped growing intellectually at 11.

The rest of us got past that difficult phase, and look back on it with embarassment.

Forum List

Back