Why I don't have high hopes for Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ilia25, Nov 21, 2012.

1. ilia25

ilia25 I can do math

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Obama is simply not a very bright person. He is unable to tell bad economic advice from a good one, much less to come up with good ideas on his own. He is in permanent state of confusion about the policy issues and that makes him overly cautious.

And that is a problem, because with Republican party so far in the la-la land, there is no one who can tell the truth to Americans.

The truth is that if we want to keep Social Security and Medicare afloat we have to rise taxes. The population is aging and new medical treatments and drugs are being invented that can prolong people lives -- but at a cost. So if we want our seniors to live in dignity and have access to modern healthcare, we have to spend a bigger share of our income to finance the social programs.

Another truth is that the advances in technology increase the inequality. The economy was growing in the past 30 years, but the middle class living standards stagnated because all additional economic output is being sent to the top earners. The rich see their living standards rising fast at the expense of the rest. That calls for more wealth redistribution, not less.

After all, the US economy was growing faster in 50s, when the top marginal taxes were at 91%.

Somebody has to tell this to American people, somebody has to challenge the voodoo orthodoxy that has been guiding the US economic policy since Reagan times. I may be wrong, but I have little hopes that Obama will ever become that person. He is just too slow and too timid.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. BallsBrunswick

BallsBrunswick Fair and Balanced

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    I retract my statement.

3. OKTexas

OKTexas New Life Member of the NRA 12/15 Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,280
    Tell me what the reasons are for the stagnation of middle class living standards? Your answer will tell me if your just ignorant or intellectually dishonest.

4. ilia25

ilia25 I can do math

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Income inequality reflects the current level of technological and social development. Market always rewards valuable skills -- sometimes much more, sometimes only slightly more. We happen to live in times when market pays CEO 300 times the average salary. That calls for more income redistribution.

5. GeoLaureate8

GeoLaureate8 Nobody

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Did you say raise taxes to provide funds for Social Security?

Get out. You don't understand what the Federal Reserve did to us. They robbed us and youre saying we should give them more tax dollars to blow off?

6. tyroneweaver

tyroneweaver Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,872
    obama doesn't care about economics or the overall good for America.
    He's an ideologue, and has an agenda to make us like Indonesia.

I bet he makes Jack Taylor forfeit his bball game cause it us just to unfair to score that many points.

7. ilia25

ilia25 I can do math

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Life is not a baseball game. A game is played to separate winners from losers.

But we live life for happiness.

8. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    How many times have we heard THAT, before??!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnoPpWdlG3A]Rachel Maddow (1) 111th Congress put policy before politics - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBHK7zsz7xU]Rachel Maddow (2) 111th Congress put policy before politics - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG]

[​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG]

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,745
    Oh for fucks sake picklehead, americans knew obama was a liar and voted him into a second term americans deserve to be lied to so sit back and watch them get what's coming their way. and laugh right out loud.

10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    In the last 25 years the standard of living has been raised for EVERYONE. No one has seen their standard of living reduced. They have color tvs, air conditioning, microwaves, game consoles and at least one car. As far as standard of living goes, it might never have reached this level of equality of standards between rich and poor before. Now we're talking about degrees. It's the difference between a Chevy and a Ferrari, or an air conditioned, central heated, one bedroom apartment and a 27 room mansion. What we have is not an inequality over standards but envy over the 27 room mansion.

Poverty today is synonymous with squalor and filth which is entirely under the control of the person making the complaint.