CDZ Do you Believe Americans Would ever Turn in Our Guns?

Maybe the lesson they need to learn is that if they want to protect the country from tyranny, armed insurrection is not the best way. I'm hoping they will engage in the democratic process and take it back from the special interests and return it to the people of America.

I think they'll find that if no one has an assault rife, no one needs an assault rife.

The Democratic process has become so broken thst we are rapidly reaching the bullets over ballots tippong point.

American gun owners don't have assault weapons (unfortunatrly). We have semi-automatic copies of assault weapons. Our potential enemies (the US Military and Law Enforcement) do have real assault weapons.

Last edited:
America would rather see it's children dying in a pool of blood than to ever give up it's guns

Rightfully so.

Someone once asked me if I'd choose my guns over a child of my own. My response: Every single time. Guns are an investment and kids are an expense.

Considering the horrible event in Florida this week, we've again heard all about the idea of banning some or all type of firearms from private ownership by private citizens. We've heard anecdotes about Scotland, England and Australia doing such things.

It's been talked about on tv, radio, and from the mouths of parents who have lost children, among many others. My wuedtion is this...

Do you really believe that the vast majority of American gun owners would turn in their guns if rewuired to?

I dont believe thst the majority of American gun owners would. Here's why...

Three different rdgistratoon/ban attempts gave been made here in the US in the last five years or so. All have fsiled miserably in their attempts.

1. The NY SAFE Act passed in 2013 required gun owners to register "assault weapons" already in their possession by January 1, 2014 or face confiscation.
RESILT: Only a few thousand "assault weapons" registrations were ever filed. Even as of 2018, the number I've heard is less thsn 50,000 guns (A minimal number considering the NYS definition of an assault weapon)

2. At the same time the Stste of Connecticut demanded the registration of all "assault weapons" AND all high capacity magazines by January 1, 2014.
RESULTS: Less thsn 5,000 rifles and less than 3,000 high capacity magazine.registrstion forms filed.

3. After the Las Vegas shooting in the fall of 2017, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts banned bump stocks and trigger cranks, effective February 1, 2018. Owners of such devises were not allowed to sell or transfer them, but expected to turn them in to the Police (without compensation).
RESULT: As of the last report I heard on the radio only one bump stock and three trigger cranks had been turned in.

So, whst does this mean?... If the gun owners in some of the most Liberal areas of the country will not comply with these orders, why would anyone expect other gun owners to do so? Especially when the Governors of all three states hsve failed to impose any form of punishment for the defiance?

I don't know if Americans will turn them in, but if they don't, they damn well better figure on using them.

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: If we don't stick together, we will all hang separately.

What guns are you talking about officer ... no guns here ... :flirtysmile4:

Easy enough
Your neighbors will turn you in
But once you get caught, you get sent to a FEMA Death Camp never to be heard of.

Easy enough
But once you get caught, you get sent to a FEMA Death Camp never to be heard of.

So, some people are planning on lying to the cops. That will give them yet another felony to defend themselves against. If the guns are not used to turn back tyrants and oppression, they are absolutely worthless.

Having a firearm that you cannot legally use is about as useful as using a condom while having sex with a pregnant woman.

Your neighbors will turn you in; your family members may turn against you; a stupid relative may bring the cops to your home on an unrelated issue (domestic violence, your teen does drugs, some nosy neighbor calls DFACS on you.) In any event, the LEOs show up when you least expect it and you are history.

Either draw a line in the sand, begin uniting OR plan on standing in line and giving up your gun and the high cap magazines. The pro-gunners are NOT going to take proactive measures now to reduce firearm deaths, so they will ultimately lose in the political arena AND the government WILL take your guns.

Easy enough

You are out of your mind.

If law enforcement here was ever asked to confiscate firearms ...
The only reason they would come to my house would be if they ran out of ammo shooting at the feds.

My neighbors and I are on the same page.

If it becomes law that you can't own certain guns then people will turn in their illegal weapons for the most part. The rest will be criminals.

And be clear, all these same people have no problem with gun control on fully automatic machine guns and the rest of the spectrum of weapons that civilians are PROHIBITED BY GOVERNMENT from owning. You never hear them bitch about all that. Why? Because gun manufacturers and the NRA know those are losing arguments.

All these people that have this snowflake belief that they're 'packing jus' in case the gubmint comes fer our guns' already fully accept and have no problem with massive gun control. They just get uptight about assault rifles now because they think every deer they see is 'Charlie' coming over the wire and needs to be stopped.

If it becomes law that you can't own certain guns then people will turn in their illegal weapons for the most part. The rest will be criminals.

As long as the Second Amendment remains in effect, the true criminals will be those in government who refuse to obey it; who act in any manner to violate the people's right to keep and bear arms.

With 300 million guns, it is unlikely

Best we can hope for is limiting access to some guns and accessories and moving away from a gun culture
I agree. There is no practical ban solution for the hundreds of millions of guns and the 15,000,000 AR-15s that are already owned. There just is not. As for moving away from gun culture that is also tough since it is glorified in video shooter games, movies, TV and the internet. Guns are a power symbol that is attractive to disturbed young men. As I've posted before it has to a multi-front approach. Mental health and family counseling, better "red flag response", armed staff in the schools during school hours, Single point of entry and exit at the schools when feasible.

Because of our sense of individual liberty, our need for self-sufficiency, our need for protection, as well as our deep-seated mistrust of government are reasons why the majority of Americans will never give up their right to own guns.

I hope you're not right. If so, then American gun owners will only haveoirsekves to blame for failing to teach our children the need for private firearms in this country.
Maybe the lesson they need to learn is that if they want to protect the country from tyranny, armed insurrection is not the best way. I'm hoping they will engage in the democratic process and take it back from the special interests and return it to the people of America.

I think they'll find that if no one has an assault rife, no one needs an assault rife.
Almost no one owns an assault rifle now. That requires a special license and you can probably count the owners of assault rifles in the low 3,000's.

As long as freedom loving people live and teach their children that the government has no right to take away their right to self defense, they'll never get rid of people who own weapons.

As long as the Second Amendment remains in effect, the true criminals will be those in government who refuse to obey it; who act in any manner to violate the people's right to keep and bear arms.

Riiiight. Well regulated, it's right in there. Cons have come to really love ignoring the parts they don't like, and elevating the parts they do like to myth like status.

Like the bible.

The Democratic process has become so broken thst we are rapidly reaching the bullets over ballots tippong point.

American gun owners don't have assault weapons (unfortunatrly). We have semi-automatic copies of assault weapons. Our potential enemies (the US Military and Law Enforcement) do have real assault weapons.
Sadly; it does appear that we are marching ever closer toward a less peaceful resolution of our differences.

And be clear, all these same people have no problem with gun control on fully automatic machine guns and the rest of the spectrum of weapons that civilians are PROHIBITED BY GOVERNMENT from owning. You never hear them bitch about all that. Why? Because gun manufacturers and the NRA know those are losing arguments.

All these people that have this snowflake belief that they're 'packing jus' in case the gubmint comes fer our guns' already fully accept and have no problem with massive gun control. They just get uptight about assault rifles now because they think every deer they see is 'Charlie' coming over the wire and needs to be stopped.
Actually many of us do have a problem with these infringements on the second amendment. Don’t confuse tolerance for acceptance. That could be a dangerous mistake.

Sadly; it does appear that we are marching ever closer toward a less peaceful resolution of our differences.

It was really always going to have to come down to this.

The People beat the Government (albeit British) in the Revolutionary War. The Government defeated the People in he American Civil War. Eventually a deciding, winner-take-all rematch was inevitable.

Forum List

Back