Do you believe all people should be treated equally under the law?

Should we all be treated equally under the law?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Do you believe all people should be treated equally under the law? This means if someone does a crime that they deserve the same PUNISHMENT.

If someone assaults someone be it black or white = same punishment
If someone murders someone be it black or white = same punishment

I think this is the way it should be as fairness is a huge step towards being equal.

Last edited:
of course.

What can I say?

By a 'twist of fate' I attended one of the best high schools in my state and I suppose to many we were treated 'specially'. lol--the principal of my elementary school--a dragon--regarded as one of the best ever. We towed the line--oh, yes we did.

All white---or 99%.

When I started teaching I began to understand what an advantage I had received.

Shocked and dismayed at what was reality for others. Really bad things had gone on and continued to go on.

Things like the wearing of dunce caps. That was thankfully not allowed in my system after probably the early 70's--when I started teaching.

I moved to a rural area of the South and guess what--still going on/20 years later--all sorts of things still going on.

Serious discrimination exists--you'll get no argument from me. Intervention of some kind is needed in early years.

Certainly more could and should be done --I usually worked with at risk kids. fwiw.

Sometimes I succeeded and too often couldn't do what was needed.

Attitudes are difficult to change. Many had given up ---retained for years. It is not right.

probably not the sort of response you wanted---seems to be all I've got.

Last edited:
What is wrong with shaming bad behavior in the class room? Talking out or fighting should be seen as bad.

There are other ways--I am not in the mood to have an in depth discussion.

I personally don't care for that style---ok.

One thing that worked fairly well--at the beginning of the year--the class discusses what is needed and determines consequences.

Man---if you are in 5th grade and reading on a first grade level--at some point you lose interest--

I really can't and won't go back through all of that. If you are really curious--teach for a while and then we will talk.

How my career ended up---parents would tell me--'I can't promise she won't cut you--runs the streets at nights...' That sort of thing.

absolutely!
my problem is when people that are wanting equal treatment, get it, then want special treatment.. that is not equal. you see the catch-22 there?
Ialso have a problem when one person views something as equal but it affects a mmajority in a negative way. that's also not equal, but special

trying to regroup--

The Law---how to make it clearer to everyone --starting at the elementary level.

I certainly don't know how this can be done but feel that more efforts should be made--certain that somewhere this is going on.

Morality--I still think Aesop did a fairly good job with that--if a culture free alternative is needed.

'Universal Wisdom'--no shortage of writers---they should be writing definitive books on this.

????

This is a dumb poll, but of course they should. The problem though is what you can afford? A high priced, experienced attorney as opposed to a "public defender". LOL. That shit is a joke.

This is a dumb poll, but of course they should. The problem though is what you can afford? A high priced, experienced attorney as opposed to a "public defender". LOL. That shit is a joke.

Yup this is a stupid ass poll

Only because within your mind certain people should get away with crimes....:eusa_whistle:

Do you believe all people should be treated equally under the law? This means if someone does a crime that they deserve the same PUNISHMENT.

I think this is the way it should be as fairness is a huge step towards being equal.

yes but that isnt happening in our school systems like miami dade

a program the prezbo wants nationalized

a program the hides or lets off criminal behavior of minority minors

as a diversion program

Trayvon was one of those kids

Those that think Zimmerman got off don't. They want special treatment to get him for something he was found not guilty of.

Better if you in the US had a GUN BAN.........on all but the Military,Police and Gun Clubs.....it would stop all these children,nutters and criminals KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE

What is wrong with shaming bad behavior in the class room? Talking out or fighting should be seen as bad.

One thing that worked fairly well--at the beginning of the year--the class discusses what is needed and determines consequences.

Man---if you are in 5th grade and reading on a first grade level--at some point you lose interest--

I really can't and won't go back through all of that. If you are really curious--teach for a while and then we will talk.

How my career ended up---parents would tell me--'I can't promise she won't cut you--runs the streets at nights...' That sort of thing.

Ban Guns Period.

yes but that isnt happening in our school systems like miami dade

a program the prezbo wants nationalized

a program the hides or lets off criminal behavior of minority minors

as a diversion program

Trayvon was one of those kids

Very Apt Avie......berserk indeed:mad:

Ban Guns Period.

???
I'm about 5'3---if fights broke out among students over 6ft tall--I could easily have been injured or killed without any guns. I taught in a trailer behind the main building--by the time any administrator could have gotten to the scene it would have been too late.

Just a 'miracle' that something serious never happened--thinking of the recent incident involving a bus driver in FL.

No, because murder and assault is not black and white.
You can have a totally random murder, and a murder which occurred after an argument. The judge and jury don't impose the same sentence on each accused, do they?

Forum List

Back