Do You Believe All ''Men'' Are Created Equal?

Are All Men Created Equal?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • No (please explain)

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
are all men created equal? no,some are gifted with talents unattainable by others, some are born with advantages others are not, a person may love basketball and put their whole heart and effort into the game but if they are only 4 foot 8 they have not been created equal to the task as a 6 foot 9 guy would be.

interesting thing about the founders and the all men are created equal thing, many of the founders who put forth that sentiment were slave owners, so it looks like they didnt exactly buy into that idea.

So we bring the Imperial FED in to make them all 'Equal',at the point of LAW and the GUN, eh noosey? Because we don't like it?

Interesting that you don't understand that the ONLY way the Founders could get this passed was to bow down to SLAVE OWNERS, lest the suppoort would be lost to beat King George, and Great Britian?

And it did go on 7 years AFTER we nailed the Brits on the battlefield before the Constitution was ratified.

I'll BET that bit of history is lost upon you, isn't it?

tommy, tommy, tommy, your reply has nothing to do with what i wrote.:lol::lol::lol:

It has Everything to do with what you wrote, sport. I highlighted it so you wouldn't scramble to find it. Good God...You really ARE dense, are you not?

I think that most Republicans feel they are a little "more" equal.

You realize that so far in this thread you are the only person to inject their partisan hackery into the discussion?

Kinda weakens you as a poster in the eyes of the whole board. Not that you could get much lower.

All men are not created equal. I figured that out in the shower room after gym class in high school.

are all men created equal? no,some are gifted with talents unattainable by others, some are born with advantages others are not, a person may love basketball and put their whole heart and effort into the game but if they are only 4 foot 8 they have not been created equal to the task as a 6 foot 9 guy would be.

interesting thing about the founders and the all men are created equal thing, many of the founders who put forth that sentiment were slave owners, so it looks like they didnt exactly buy into that idea.

Talents and gifts have NOTHING to do with it noose. You miss it too.

So we bring the Imperial FED in to make them all 'Equal',at the point of LAW and the GUN, eh noosey? Because we don't like it?

Interesting that you don't understand that the ONLY way the Founders could get this passed was to bow down to SLAVE OWNERS, lest the suppoort would be lost to beat King George, and Great Britian?

And it did go on 7 years AFTER we nailed the Brits on the battlefield before the Constitution was ratified.

I'll BET that bit of history is lost upon you, isn't it?

tommy, tommy, tommy, your reply has nothing to do with what i wrote.:lol::lol::lol:

It has Everything to do with what you wrote, sport. I highlighted it so you wouldn't scramble to find it. Good God...You really ARE dense, are you not?

and you are dumber than a bag of rocks, posting while drunk again?:lol::lol:

that would depend on what you mean by equal.

I'm beginning to hate picking through our founding documents like they were the Bible. I'ts an all emcompassing document written to convey an idea and based on the facts of the time. There are a lot of ways to make that idea real and i don't think re re re re re hashing words will get us there.

Well, the OP certainly didn't say ''can all men do things equal''. It didn't say ''do all men think equal''. It didn't say ''do all men act equal''.
It said created.

Well, the OP certainly didn't say ''can all men do things equal''. It didn't say ''do all men think equal''. It didn't say ''do all men act equal''.
It said created.

in my opinion that statement is nothing more than flowery feel good poetry, if there is a creator those who are made with handicaps or health issues were not created equal to those born healthy. if you are going by the idea that everyone has an equal chance in life well that's just not true either, some are born with silver spoons in mouth while others are born into poverty, and life is much more equal for you when you are born with that silver spoon.

It said created.

in my opinion that statement is nothing more than flowery feel good poetry, if there is a creator those who are made with handicaps or health issues were not created equal to those born healthy. if you are going by the idea that everyone has an equal chance in life well that's just not true either, some are born with silver spoons in mouth while others are born into poverty, and life is much more equal for you when you are born with that silver spoon.

Flowery feel good poetry which is in our Constitution, and in the Bible? mmmkay..you are free to think as you wish. We all are, as we were created to be that way...equally.

I know you aren't ''religious'', but I also know you are Catholic, and I have seen you defend certain things from that POV with a vengence.

Then let me ask you. Are there people which you consider yourself better than? Are there people which you consider better than you?

It said created.

Flowery feel good poetry which is in our Constitution, and in the Bible? mmmkay..you are free to think as you wish. We all are, as we were created to be that way...equally.

I know you aren't ''religious'', but I also know you are Catholic, and I have seen you defend certain things from that POV with a vengence.

Then let me ask you. Are there people which you consider yourself better than? Are there people which you consider better than you?

not better than but also not equal to, I am not equal to a rockefeller or any other wealthy type person, they have doors open to them that are simply not open to me, and the bible and the constitution may state all men are created equal but both condoned slavery at the time they were written so the statement in both were hypocritical at best.

Seriously Kat, what does "created equal" mean ? Brains? Money? Physically? Opportunity ?

not better than but also not equal to, I am not equal to a rockefeller or any other wealthy type person, they have doors open to them that are simply not open to me, and the bible and the constitution may state all men are created equal but both condoned slavery at the time they were written so the statement in both were hypocritical at best.

LOL

There has been slavery since the beginning of man. Is it wrong? Of course. But that has NOTHING to do with this thread.
Strawman at best.

LOL

There has been slavery since the beginning of man. Is it wrong? Of course. But that has NOTHING to do with this thread.
Strawman at best.

Cmon, Bubble shoes. The whole thread is based on defintions you won't provide.

LOL

Strawman at best.

how is it a straw man?, and how can people that condoned slavery make a statement stating all men are created equal? were'nt slaves also part of mankind?

LOL

Strawman at best.

how is it a straw man?, and how can people that condoned slavery make a statement stating all men are created equal? were'nt slaves also part of mankind?

I guess we could asssume they meant "equal" in some other sense of the word, huh?

Seriously Kat, what does "created equal" mean ? Brains? Money? Physically? Opportunity ?

I am doing a lousy job conveying what I mean. My apologies.

To simplify...I will just say that I do not believe that any one person is better than another due to being smarter, wealthier, etc.
We are all different, but as humans equal.

I am doing a lousy job conveying what I mean. My apologies.

To simplify...I will just say that I do not believe that any one person is better than another due to being smarter, wealthier, etc.
We are all different, but as humans equal.

in that sense i guess i would agree.

LOL

Strawman at best.

From the very beginning of mankind. There have always been slaves of some sort, and always will be.
Do I think it is wrong? Yes. THAT is one reason I believe all are created equal.

Forum List

Back