Do You Believe All ''Men'' Are Created Equal?

Are All Men Created Equal?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • No (please explain)

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
You miss the point of it all. This isn't about how we act..who has more money..etc.
It isn't about what we have done. Or how our lives are.

Do you think there are ones you are better than? Are there ones better than you?

How we act, what we do, is all that matters about power.

Jefferson can pen all men are created equal and still fuck his slave blow up doll because he knew power reality was more important than nice words on a sacred piece of parchment.

And he knew most people would never know that.

Last edited:
Sorry justice has nothing to do with protecting the weak merely punishing the guilty. If you spend too much time protecting the weak they never become strong.

You miss the point of it all. This isn't about how we act..who has more money..etc.
It isn't about what we have done. Or how our lives are.

Do you think there are ones you are better than? Are there ones better than you?

How we act, what we do, is all that matters about power.

Jefferson can pen all men are created equal and still fuck his slave blow up doll because he knew power reality was more important than nice words on a sacred piece of parchment.

And he knew most people would never know that.

Not talking about power hun. As I said, you aren't getting what is meant.

All of us are better at some things than some one else. All of us are also worse at somethings than others are. Whether or not that makes us a better human being is entirely debateable and depends to some extent on what those things are.

You're born to equal rights under the law in relation to others in most places, but no one is born equal. Some are born to a rich family and are pretty much made, some are born with genetic disorders and won't be able to enjoy life the same way a "normal" healthy person would, and some are born in Somalia and in that case you're just fucked, end of story.

What everyone does have is self-determination, and it's through that that we all eventually have opportunity to make our situations better... unless of course, you have some terminal illness at birth, in which case, like most of Somalia, you were pretty much born to be a tragedy for others to cry to.

Last edited:
I attended an education workshop the other day on "Differetiated Instruction" and we were told we need to get away from thinking about "equality" and start designing our curriculum based on "equity" Essentially its a way for teachers to "dumb down" their lesons to the lowest kids in class. Needless to say, there was a wee bit of objection to that. The whole idea of "equity" sounds quite political, dontcha think?

The buzz word when I was getting my education degree was teach at the teachable moment. A great thought if you have a job as a tutor for some rich kid somewhere but almost totally impracticable in a class room of thirty kids in some small town in which you have every IOWA test percentile represented between 05 to 99.

The biggest challenge for any teacher is developing an approach that will simutaneously challenge the geniuses to be all they can be without leaving the other 99% in the dust. Biggest headache I ever had was trying to explain to a bunch of sixth graders that a square is just a rectangle whose sides were all the same length.

Not talking about power hun. As I said, you aren't getting what is meant.

So you are talking about talk.

Sort of like sex with a burlap condum.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Nope. It is just zoomed over your head is all, and btw, why is it you make everything about sex?

You all read too much into this.....this is the reason why this country is so fucked up right now.

"All men are created equal" Let's look at this. The way I read this is that all men have the same opportunity as the person next to them regardless of social standing.

It's up to you to make your own opportunities in life and realize your own interpretation of the American dream.

No two people ever have the same shot at success. NOt everyone has parents that teach them the value of hard work and education. That however is true from top to bottom.

No two people ever have the same shot at success. NOt everyone has parents that teach them the value of hard work and education. That however is true from top to bottom.

But that doesn't make one any less equal as a human being than the other.

Never claimed it did. And the The preamble to the constitution gives you the right to pursue happiness. It does not guarantee that you will ever catch it;)

All men are created equal, not of outcome but of opportunity. They are endowed with the right to Life, not a guaranteed good life, not a guaranteed healthy life, but life with all of its miraculous potential.

Other: Some men are created equal...but those men are identical twins. The rest of us are either better or worse than them. Or similiar, but not equal.

Never claimed it did. And the The preamble to the constitution gives you the right to pursue happiness. It does not guarantee that you will ever catch it;)

Oh I was pretty much agreeing with you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still am not sure if people understand the premise of what I am asking. It is hard to explain...unless we were talking and not typing.

I am not talking about how someone lives. Not talking how someone was raised. None of that. It goes much deeper...from the beginning if time. I am not really even talking about this country only. I am talking the world...human beings being created equal.

For example, many believe that just because a person may have a physical handicap that makes them not an equal as a human being. I do not believe that. I believe we are ALL equal no matter any circumstance. Not one is any better or worse than the other.

Sheesh, did that even make sense? :redface:

Oh I was pretty much agreeing with you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still am not sure if people understand the premise of what I am asking. It is hard to explain...unless we were talking and not typing.

I am not talking about how someone lives. Not talking how someone was raised. None of that. It goes much deeper...from the beginning if time. I am not really even talking about this country only. I am talking the world...human beings being created equal.

For example, many believe that just because a person may have a physical handicap that makes them not an equal as a human being. I do not believe that. I believe we are ALL equal no matter any circumstance. Not one is any better or worse than the other.

Sheesh, did that even make sense? :redface:

no---cuz some were created in test tubes

Forum List

Back