Do You Believe All ''Men'' Are Created Equal?

Are All Men Created Equal?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • No (please explain)

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Yes, but I believe some are more equal than others:) But seriously it depends on how you value equal? I really hate the word equal. I also have a problem with fair and greed. See, how can people be equal when we have so many words that cause problems like that. On the most basic level I believe all people are created equal and I believe in the U.S. Constitution which says we all have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. However we are not guaranteed equal results in that pursuit. Some people are intelligent and some are simply dipshits. Some people are born into wealth and power and some are dirt poor. Are they equal? Maybe in gods eye's but are they really equal? Thomas Jefferson used those words in reference to the political climate of the day in reference to being ruled by a King. He wanted a system were all people had a chance and in that respect I believe we are equal, in this country anyway. At least for now. That could "CHANGE"

Lonestar see Luke not around the I think shortly before the crucifixion narative Might be after the resurrection though I'm not sure which and I'm way to tired to look it up now. I ought to go to bed but if I go to sleep this early the arthritis will have me up at 3 AM and I won't be able to get back to sleep before I need to go to work.

Lonestar see Luke not around the I think shortly before the crucifixion narative Might be after the resurrection though I'm not sure which and I'm way to tired to look it up now. I ought to go to bed but if I go to sleep this early the arthritis will have me up at 3 AM and I won't be able to get back to sleep before I need to go to work.

I'm well aquainted with the Bible. Do you know the reason why Jesus inquired about swords? And do you know why it was important that they had swords?

We're all equal in the sense that we are all endowed with a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Mental midgets are free to compete on a level playing field with mental giants. We aren't endowed with the right to BE equal. We're endowed with the right to live with equal independence from government influence.

If this has been posted here, forgive me. If not yft. I have posted this poll other places, and was a bit stunned with the replies.

So, Do you believe all ''men'' are created equal? Whatever your answer, please explain..

For the most part all humans are created equal. Some are born with disabilities both mental and physical so they may not have been created equal. Some are born smarter than others, some are born taller, some stronger but in general we are all made up of the same DNA.
'

Lonestar as two were enough it wasn't for armed insurrection but rather defense against bandits and Brigands.

Lonestar as two were enough it wasn't for armed insurrection but rather defense against bandits and Brigands.

Actually it was to fulfill prophecy, Jesus had to be viewed as a transgressor. He had to at least appear to be a political revolutionary to the Jewish authorities for them to feel justified in arresting him. This is why, in the next verse, when the disciples say they have two swords, Jesus says “That is enough.” (vs. 38). Obviously, if Jesus ever intended for the disciples to use the swords, that wouldn’t be nearly enough. But it’s enough to fulfill the prophecy by making Jesus look like a transgressor.

When Peter used the sword to cut off the guard’s ear, Jesus rebuked him and then demonstrated the kind of power the Kingdom of God uses to advance its cause by healing the guards ear.

And when Jesus later appeared before Pilate and was asked if he was the King of the Jews, Jesus responded that his kingdom is not of this world, and he points to the fact that his followers are not fighting as proof of this fact (Jn. 18:36).

If this has been posted here, forgive me. If not yft. I have posted this poll other places, and was a bit stunned with the replies.

So, Do you believe all ''men'' are created equal? Whatever your answer, please explain..

Created, yes. There is no partiality with God. (I wonder what atheists and agnostics think?)

The fence sitter (deist, agnostic, what you will) says that all people are endowed at birth with every right to life (including societal public goods that ensure that basic right) as every other person. The sexist in me also agrees. They're only men, they aren't that complex, and in order to treat them fairly women really have to lower their expectations.

Created, yes. There is no partiality with God. (I wonder what atheists and agnostics think?)

The fence sitter (deist, agnostic, what you will) says that all people are endowed at birth with every right to life (including societal public goods that ensure that basic right) as every other person. The sexist in me also agrees. They're only men, they aren't that complex, and in order to treat them fairly women really have to lower their expectations.
:wtf:

The fence sitter in me (deist, agnostic, what you will) says that all people are endowed at birth with every right to life (including societal public goods that ensure that basic right) as every other person. The sexist in me also agrees. They're only men, they aren't that complex, and in order to treat them fairly women really have to lower their expectations.

See what I mean? They're clueless.

Last edited:
No, the people in Montana are more equal than the people in Texas.

At least in the U.S. Senate.

That's because senators are not supposed to be representing the people, the representatives are.

I think that all men are created equal in terms of dignity and justice. All should be treated the same in those regards.

But just to say that we are all equal is too broad a term. It needs context, which was not supplied in this instance.

Yup, clueless to your drivel. It's hard to get past the first few words of your drivel, but let's examine it anyway as you've so nicely opened the door to that.

How is it that deists, agnostics, etc. are fence sitters and on what issue are they sitting on a fence?

And what does having a right to life at birth have to do with sitting on a fence (about which issue the fence sitting you need to specify)?

What does your being a sexist have to do with whatever you've tried to say in your first sentence? And, that sexist in you agrees with what in that first sentence?

Women have to lower their expectations about men in what way? And what expectations are you babbling about?

Thank you for the opportunity to highlight your mindless drivel. I look forward to doing it again.

Yup, clueless to your drivel. It's hard to get past the first few words of your drivel, but let's examine it anyway as you've so nicely opened the door to that.

How is it that deists, agnostics, etc. are fence sitters and on what issue are they sitting on a fence?

And what does having a right to life at birth have to do with sitting on a fence (about which issue the fence sitting you need to specify)?

What does your being a sexist have to do with whatever you've tried to say in your first sentence? And, that sexist in you agrees with what in that first sentence?

Women have to lower their expectations about men in what way? And what expectations are you babbling about?

Thank you for the opportunity to highlight your mindless drivel. I look forward to doing it again.

I edited the first sentence in my post for clarification and gave you all props for pointing it out. I was told that as a Deist, I was sitting on the fence.

And, that sexist in you agrees with what in that first sentence?

Maybe you could clarify the above?I thought I made it clear what the sexist in me believed.

Forum List

Back