Do we need a constitutional convention to remove the second Amendment?

Nope. We don't need that and we don't need one to outlaw abortions or same sex marriage. Each would create a greater divide in an already divided country. What we need are rational and pragmatic laws, regulations and policies and a Congress willing to compromise for the good of the entire country.

Let's see, it's already illegal to steal weapons and murder people.

You saying the laws against theft and murder aren't rational and pragmatic? And that criminals will start obeying laws that are rational and pragmatic?

No moron, I did not 'say' or even write that. I said we need rational and pragmatic laws, regulations and policies...
If you say we need rational and pragmatic laws, regulations and policies, that obviously means you don't believe the laws, regulations and policies we have now are neither rational nor pragmatic.

But it's always fun when leftists say "I didn't say what I said!!"
...you're the moron who supports murder (Stand Your Ground Laws) which is as far from rational and pragmatic as I can imagine. I'm not suggesting one does not fight back and use reasonable force to protect themeselves, others or property, so don't go there. The common law already recognizes a self defense.
I don't care what you can imagine. Your imagination, like your intellect, is limited.

But again, you contradict yourself. It's because you're stupid, mostly.

A stand-your-ground law states that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an unlawful threat, without an obligation to retreat first.​
That's perfectly reasonable, so you can have no rational objection to it...unless you're lying about your support the right to self-defense -- which is a reasonable conclusion, since you label SYG "murder".

Are you lying about it?

Not remove but modify.

Personally..I have no problem with people owning guns to protect their homes or businesses.

No citizen should be allowed to carry guns in the streets.
Again -- how are you going to get criminals to obey that law?

No one expects criminals to obey the law. The whole point of such a law would be to increase the number of possible prey. It is to turn the whole nation into a Connecticut school room.

Your inability to distinguish between what is actually IN the Constitution, and what has been "recently" discovered is not my problem Carb.

Stupid on it's face, one is an enumerated right while the other is a relatively "new" right suddenly discovered.

That makes no sense. The 2nd Amendment is not an enumerated right. It's an amendment to the original Constitution.

What was originally in the Constitution has no special significance. If it did we'd still have slaves and women couldn't vote.

LMAO, yes Virginia, Carb is an idiot.
You come try and take my guns, mmmkay?

Your inability to distinguish between what is actually IN the Constitution, and what has been "recently" discovered is not my problem Carb.

That makes no sense. The 2nd Amendment is not an enumerated right. It's an amendment to the original Constitution.

What was originally in the Constitution has no special significance. If it did we'd still have slaves and women couldn't vote.

Stupid on it's face, one is an enumerated right while the other is a relatively "new" right suddenly discovered.

That's right, and it's going to stay the way it is.

You damn libroids don't like guns, don't buy one, but leave my right to own one the hell alone.

Why wouldn't you want the states to decide their own gun policies? Get the central government out of it.

Actually, the entire Constitution as originally written, still stands, as does the first ten amendments. The document as a whole is considered THE most significant writing by man to date.

If conservatives were intellectually honest and consistent in their beliefs,

they would want the 2nd Amendment repealed so that the individual states (states rights)) could decide how to regulate guns,

as opposed to having the big evil central government trump that freedom of choice.

States rights are a relatively new right recently discovered? What is that supposed to mean?

When faced with a problem, the left automatically chooses the solution that leads to less freedom.

Ironic, considering they call themselves "liberals". :cool:

Freedom is not having to worry about crazy motherfuckers, like yourself, who want America to be a culture of violence and firearms.

Eric Holder aside, how do we get these guns off the streets?

When faced with a problem, the left automatically chooses the solution that leads to less freedom.

Freedom is not having to worry about crazy motherfuckers, like yourself, who want America to be a culture of violence and firearms.

Eric Holder aside, how do we get these guns off the streets?

Who said we want guns off the streets? We just want more responsible owners on the streets and less crazies.

Actually, the entire Constitution as originally written, still stands, as does the first ten amendments. The document as a whole is considered THE most significant writing by man to date.

Then why are conservatives so keen on adding 2 anti-rights anti-liberty amendments to it?

God you are a stupid one.

Your original analogy of abortion and gun rights is idiotic at best. (which is what OUR entire conversation has been about)

Do try and stay wiith the conversation kid.

If conservatives were intellectually honest and consistent in their beliefs,

they would want the 2nd Amendment repealed so that the individual states (states rights)) could decide how to regulate guns,

as opposed to having the big evil central government trump that freedom of choice.

States rights are a relatively new right recently discovered? What is that supposed to mean?

Personally..I have no problem with people owning guns to protect their homes or businesses.

No citizen should be allowed to carry guns in the streets.
Again -- how are you going to get criminals to obey that law?

No one expects criminals to obey the law. The whole point of such a law would be to increase the number of possible prey. It is to turn the whole nation into a Connecticut school room.
Leftists do loves them some criminals, don't they?

What leads you to believe I'm crazy?

Oh, yes -- I'm a conservative. Leftists tend to claim there's something wrong with people who disagree with them. Makes it easier to justify rounding us up, doesn't it?

You loathe the idea of freedom. That's perfectly clear.

What leads me to conclude you're a crazy is watching you post for a good number of years. It's watching your paranoid rants and reliance on whacky conspiracy blogs, and buying into it as fact. Hell, I recall an instance where you posted a debunked set of lies about immigrants before it took several right wingers to convince you it was bullshit.

You're a loon.

Oh, yes -- I'm a conservative. Leftists tend to claim there's something wrong with people who disagree with them. Makes it easier to justify rounding us up, doesn't it?

What leads me to conclude you're a crazy is watching you post for a good number of years. It's watching your paranoid rants and reliance on whacky conspiracy blogs, and buying into it as fact. Hell, I recall an instance where you posted a debunked set of lies about immigrants before it took several right wingers to convince you it was bullshit.

You're a loon.
I have a deep concern with your mental faculties if that is how you can say someone is crazy. Really dude you're bat shit crazy.

You're a loon.
Yeah, one instance of me making a mistake in choosing a source. :lol:

You post leftist bullshit all the time.

You lack credibility in deciding who is and who isn't crazy, you nutcase.

Hollow defiance from a non-player.

LMAO, yes Virginia, Carb is an idiot.
You come try and take my guns, mmmkay?

You are a loon as well.

You're a loon.
I have a deep concern with your mental faculties if that is how you can say someone is crazy. Really dude you're bat shit crazy.

You're a loon.

When someone spends so much time posting batshit crazy bullshit, like yourself and daveman, I tend to form conclusions, based on fact.

Forum List

Back