Do the Yankees really have shot?

Game 1 meltdown for Johnson, but back on track in Game 2. On to the Big Apple where the O's were 6-3 this year. :woohoo:

The Yankees HAVE NO STARTING PITCHING. I don't care how many runs the Yankees scored during the regular season. This is the PLAYOFFS. The Yankees are facing the best pitching that their opponents have to offer.

GOOD PITCHING prevails over good hitting almost every time, especially in the playoffs.

Since I HATE the Yankees, I LOVE to see them fall flat on their faces, and I love it when they bring in all of these washed-up pitchers every year to try to piece together their pitching staff.

They will NEVER win another World Series until they bring in some QUALITY starting pitching.

I wonder who the Yankees are going to bring in next year, after they lose to the Orioles. Maybe dust off Ron Guidry? Another go with Roger Clemens? Perhaps David Cone?

YANKEES SUCK Good riddance!

The Yankees HAVE NO STARTING PITCHING. I don't care how many runs the Yankees scored during the regular season. This is the PLAYOFFS. The Yankees are facing the best pitching that their opponents have to offer.

GOOD PITCHING prevails over good hitting almost every time, especially in the playoffs.

Since I HATE the Yankees, I LOVE to see them fall flat on their faces, and I love it when they bring in all of these washed-up pitchers every year to try to piece together their pitching staff.

They will NEVER win another World Series until they bring in some QUALITY starting pitching.

I wonder who the Yankees are going to bring in next year, after they lose to the Orioles. Maybe dust off Ron Guidry? Another go with Roger Clemens? Perhaps David Cone?

CC was pretty good the other night. Let's hope they don't have to see him again. O's in 4! :thewave:

Look, I'm a Red Sox fan, so I was born to hate the Yankees, but to say they suck is absolutely ridiculous. They're one of the best teams in the league, love em or hate em.

Pettitte pitched pretty well. Tough loss.

The Birds are playing just terrific baseball.

The Yankees had an odd season with lots of little (or big) slumps.

If the Yanks are doing that again, now (speaking of horrible timing) then they're toast.

But if they get their shit together, and learn to play just a little small ball, they are almost unstoppable.

Does baseball season actually continue once the Yankees bust out? I keep hearing rumors about other teams winning the World Series on the occasional off year the Yanks don't, but who the fuck would watch anyone but the Yanks?

If the Yanks are doing that again, now (speaking of horrible timing) then they're toast.

But if they get their shit together, and learn to play just a little small ball, they are almost unstoppable.

...and injuries.

...and injuries.

True dat. But of course, lots of teams have to cope with injuries.

Does baseball season actually continue once the Yankees bust out? I keep hearing rumors about other teams winning the World Series on the occasional off year the Yanks don't, but who the fuck would watch anyone but the Yanks?

I like to watch other teams just to see who the Yankees might have to go up against in the post season.

:D

In the post season, as a rule, when the Yanks don't progress, I stop watching.

It's the only intelligent thing to do. :cool:

Sure the Yanks have a chance to win the WS.

The St Louis Cardinals from last season are the best proof.

yankees-logo-small.gif

...and injuries.

True dat. But of course, lots of teams have to cope with injuries.

The Os, for example, did it without the two best players they had for the last few years, Markakis and Roberts.

Forum List

Back