Do the Yankees really have shot?

The ball clearly missed the pole.

It hardly matters now.

With the Captain out, given the anemic power at the plate in the playoffs by a couple or 4 of the Yankees main power core, this now looks to be a VERY tough series.

It clearly hit the poll. You can watch the angle where it clearly shows the ball changing trajectory after hitting it. The Yankee stadium attendant already testified that it hit the poll.

Also, even the umps didnt say it didn't hit the poll. They were just weenies who said there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call.

BTW, there's outfield umps, no excuse to miss that call in the first place.

No. It didn't hit the pole. That certainly wasn't "clear." There was NO change of trajectory. There was also no mark on the ball.

They didn't miss the call. They got it right and then confirmed it.

I doubt they checked the ball for a mark. I don't even know that there would be one. I played baseball a lot o years and I never even heard of doing that. It's not like tennis where you can check the ball for chalk on line shots.

And yes, the replay absolutely showed a change in trajectory. You either:

A. Didn't see it.

or

B. Are a Yankee fan in denial.

and again;

If you're so sure they got it right, then why did

A. The attendant admit it hit the poll

and

B. The umps state that they could not confirm it didn't it the poll?

"derek jeter suffered a left-ankle fracture in the yankees' 6-4 loss to detroit and will be out for the remainder of the playoffs."
derek jeter out for season with fractured ankle | bleacher report

uh, ohhhhhhh........

What did he do?

I dunno really. To be honest Mauer, Jeter and Trout are my three favorite active players.

I meant it more in the sense of the Yankees; but for all I know Jeter's got some karma coming back to him too lol.

As a lifeliong Yankees fan, all I can say is with the way they've been playing, they don't even belong in the playoffs.

I am a BIG FAN of any team who plays the Yankees.

GO ORIOLES!

Oh good. ANOTHER reason to root for the Yanks.

Detroit beats the Yankees, 3-0, on Sunday, to take a 2-0 lead in their ALCS series.

Stick that in your Barack Obama autograph bong and smoke it! :badgrin:

I know. I watched the games. The best closer in baseball is out injured all year. The Yanks have been through lots of significant injuries, and yet they STILL ended up with the BEST record in the American League.

The Yankees are anemic at the plate so far (for the most part) this post season. And now, their superstar-legendary shortstop is out for the rest of the post season. I have seen this team stage some come backs in their day. But even my optimism about them is getting pretty much faded.

The Tigers are pretty damn good. Bad time for the Yanks to go into a virtual team slump. Ah well.

Forum List

Back